Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ (11148 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ / Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions / Betty Lasher Who Led Oyedepo To Christ In 1969 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Tellemall: 9:03am On Oct 16, 2016
smiley
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Tellemall: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2016
And for all the morons who think Africa would have developed on its own, when clearly it could never, you need to see how developed and civilized you all are back in your villages when the rest of the world is millennia ahead of you. That is the development and civilization you say Africans would've had if left on their own. Lol.

Even your friends in India and China ride on the coattails of civilization, so stop trying to lump them with you. Because they resisted, they are now left to mimicking the West.

Smh. Blacks who think they could have been the ones to develope themselves. Was it you Blacktards who invented the school curriculum that has enlightened you enough to think you're pro-African?

No more responses to this thread.

Too many unrealistic people who are products of Western religious education.

If you don't like it or disagree with it, go back to your villages and animism and don't use anything from white people. Turds.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Ranchhoddas: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2016
Tellemall:

Trade.

Think beyond words.

How far is Egypt from Persia?

Asia is all one continent.

Merchants, slave trade, etc. All are external influences. No place developed in isolation. Think Alexander the Great.

Origin of Egyptians? Certainly not Africa.

Why do you reason that I'm saying that their civilization is strictly because of trade? Stop being... So many other interactions also had a part to play.

Places deep in Africa had no civilization because they weren't close to places that were civilized, unlike Egypt and Ethiopia.

In the end blacks, true blacks, have not been civilized.
And I insist that this is crap. Those ''uncivilized'' places you speak of, is their way of life today the same as 300 years ago? Was has changed? The civilization would have been very slow but it would have surely happened. There is no archaic practice you can point to in ''uncivilized'' Africa that was not practiced at one point or the other in the histories of these advanced civilizations. They dropped them, Africans also would have dropped theirs. The only requirement was time. It was Nietzsche who said that he who learns to fly must first learn to stand and walk, and run and climb . Africans were rushed into flying.

1 Like

Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by mmsen: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2016
JackBizzle:

I think you need to broaden your horizon.

Slavery and Christianity are not good things for Africans.

Slavery and Christianity are not good for anyone.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Ranchhoddas: 9:36am On Oct 16, 2016
Tellemall:
And for all the morons who think Africa would have developed on its own, when clearly it could never, you need to see how developed and civilized you all are back in your villages when the rest of the world is millennia ahead of you. That is the development and civilization you say Africans would've had if left on their own. Lol.

Even your friends in India and China ride on the coattails of civilization, so stop trying to lump them with you. Because they resisted, they are now left to mimicking the West.

Smh. Blacks who think they could have been the ones to develope themselves. Was it you Blacktards who invented the school curriculum that has enlightened you enough to think you're pro-African?

If you don't like it or disagree with it, go back to your villages and animism and don't use anything from white people. Turds.

Please tell us why you are so sure that Africa would not have developed on its own, in its time and at its own pace.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by otemanuduno: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2016
Tellemall:
Thank God they did that. Now we have Christians. wink

And the world is better for it.

You might want to bring up such information on other religions. It's very interesting.
no sir
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by uvalued(m): 6:07am On Oct 17, 2016
hahn:

Care to elaborate?
a fly knows that the only worldview it has on a carcass is the best and only, hence it goes to the grave with the carcass
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by uvalued(m): 6:10am On Oct 17, 2016
Tellemall:

Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 8:46am On Oct 17, 2016
Tellemall:

Drop your superiority complex. You are the direct result of the hard work which white people put into colonizing Africa with religion and military might. Bow to reality.

No wonder India is little different from Nigeria. You see what happens to places that reject westernization? They still always come back to trying to mimic the Western world with their fake products and hilarious things like pedal powered carts in the year 2016.

Oh, get over your hate for religion. Did you know the Romans who invented aqueducts were religious people? Who invented algebra? Wasn't it religious people? Was al-Qwarizmi a local black African? Your beloved Pythagoras theorem wasn't made on stone. If not for the education of religious people, your world would be in the stone age with the rest of uncivilized Africa. Religion has always shaped the mental strength of man needed for development.

China has gotten far from mimicking western products. Not by some invention of their own. Because left to themselves they don't have anything to offer the world except killing all the whales. If not for westernization and the discovery of Western oil, they would still be uncivilized and whetting their appetite on rare species.

So just stop your hate for westernization and religion. The world would be backwards without it. You wouldn't be typing all that without it. And you are better for it.

It is so hypocritical that you don't really think through what you're saying against them. You are hypocritical because you live a Western life and try to claim you could have it all without whites, religion and colonization. You couldn't. They did Africa and blacks a huge service.

So quit being thoughtless and spouting garb such as "inferiority complex and ignorance" because you Africans with superiority complexes are just stupid.

If Africans are so superior, why have they proven to be so backward that they needed white people to cross oceans and colonize them? These same black people that couldn't build a bridge to cross streams.

Africans like you need more colonization. You need enslavement to move you to the promised land. Right now you're in mental bondage, slave to the viva Africa spirit, when you're living the viva West life.

God bless your Lineage.

Blacks are held down by their low IQ and Selfishness not religeon especially Christainity.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 8:52am On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
And I insist that this is crap. Those ''uncivilized'' places you speak of, is their way of life today the same as 300 years ago? Was has changed? The civilization would have been very slow but it would have surely happened. There is no archaic practice you can point to in ''uncivilized'' Africa that was not practiced at one point or the other in the histories of these advanced civilizations. They dropped them, Africans also would have dropped theirs. The only requirement was time. It was Nietzsche who said that he who learns to fly must first learn to stand and walk, and run and climb . Africans were rushed into flying.

Go and google about uncontacted people.
or click this link and read about Malawi were Widows are bound to sleep with Strangers inorder to please their late Husbands ghost in this 2016. and many more examples even here in Nigeria.

www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36843769
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Ranchhoddas: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Go and google about uncontacted people.
or click this link and read about Malawi were Widows are bound to sleep with Strangers inorder to please their late Husbands ghost in this 2016. and many more examples even here in Nigeria.

www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36843769
I'd have responded but on seeing your moniker, sorry I'll pass.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I'd have responded but on seeing your moniker, sorry I'll pass.

I laugh. which means i cause U a lot of upset sorry it was not intention. but you know the truth always hurts.

1 Like

Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2016
JackBizzle:

I think you need to broaden your horizon.

Slavery and Christianity are not good things for Africans.

Christainity did not introduce Slavery to Africa.
Slavery have existed in Africa for over 600yrs before the Whites and Christainity came to Africa.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Ranchhoddas: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

I laugh. which means i cause U a lot of upset sorry it was not intention. but you know the truth always hurts.
Wow. Insulting people is truth? I am avoiding you because I don't want to sink to your level.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 9:17am On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is very untrue. Africa would have developed at it's own pace. All races were primitive at one point in history. They all developed with time and without interference. China has developed and is developing without western colonization. It is serious inferiority complex that will make anyone think otherwise. It is argued that the coming of the Europeans has set Africa back centuries. I recommend that you get a copy of the book 'How Europe Underdeveloped Africa' by Walter Rodney.

You quote a useless book written by a foolish Liberal. you should read

HOW AFRICANS UNDERDEVELOPED
AFRICA: A REVIEW by Dr. Otive Igbuzor

https://joshuaagbo./2012/10/11/how-africans-underdeveloped-africa-a-review-by-dr-otive-igbuzor/
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2016
hahn:

The Promise of Heaven

The most important aspect of Christianity for the enslaved was the promise of heaven — a promise made by plantation owners. This idea preached the notion that for all the suffering that is done in the physical world, your soul will be preserved and you will experience a hardship-free spiritual life, according to Slave Resistance, A Caribbean Study. What this did for enslaved Black people was give them hope for the future. Converted enslaved people’s belief in heaven allowed some to passively resist their plantation owners and focus on the afterlife. With that belief, all of the beatings and lashings meant nothing because in heaven the enslaved person would be rewarded and the master would be punished.

Constant Work

The vigorous, constant plantation work assigned by owners left the enslaved people hardly any time for themselves, and that included religious activities, according to christianitytoday.com. Some plantation owners required the enslaved to work even on Sunday, an intentional move to break them away from their religious regimen and softening them over time to accept whatever religion was presented to them by the plantation owners.

Blocked Communication

Plantation owners separated the enslaved people who spoke the same tribal language so they could not worship together and could be taught Christianity at the same time, according to an article titled The Inconceivable State of African-American Christianity on christianitytoday.com.

Separated Families

Moving family members from one another broke down the spirit of the enslaved, as they believed wholeheartedly in worshipping together, according to academia.edu in a study on the role of religion in Africa. With their family units broken, their African beliefs were broken, too, making them more willing to accepting another religion.

Demonstration of Power

When Africans were captured and brought to America by the Europeans, they often attributed the Europeans’ power to the power of the Europeans’ God. Therefore, it was often easy for some enslaved Africans to begin to worship the victorious Christian God in place of their own gods.

Catholics’ Conversions

Often, African practices were brought into Christianity in new and interesting ways as a way of luring the enslaved into Christianity and away from their religion, according to an article at the Mariners Museum called Captive Passage. Enslaved Africans in Roman Catholic nations often converted easily because of Catholicism’s ability to accommodate and absorb other beliefs.

Mixing of Religious Practices
Symbols and objects, such as crosses, were conflated with charms carried by Africans to ward off evil spirits. Christ was interpreted as a healer similar to the priests of Africa, according to PBS’ Slavery and the Making of America. In the New World, fusions of African spirituality and Christianity led to distinct new practices among enslaved populations, including voodoo or vodun in Haiti and Spanish Louisiana. Although African religious influences were also important among Northern Black people, exposure to Old World religions was more intense in the South, where the density of the Black population was greater.

Social Control

In the Caribbean colonies of Cuba and Saint-Domingue, religion was taught to enslaved Africans as a means of social control more than as a means to edify their souls, according to an article titled Slave Religion in Central and South America. Especially in the colonies’ early days, while the plantations were small and the enslaved population was not huge, plantation owners used religion to teach obedience. In Cuba and Brazil, Catholic saints were often equated with gods from Africa — generating familiarity for the enslaved.

Source: http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/04/10/9-devastating-actions-white-slaves-masters-took-to-convert-black-people-to-christianity/

What a stupid senseless article..
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Ranchhoddas: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

You quote a useless book written by a foolish Liberal. you should read

HOW AFRICANS UNDERDEVELOPED
AFRICA: A REVIEW by Dr. Otive Igbuzor

https://joshuaagbo./2012/10/11/how-africans-underdeveloped-africa-a-review-by-dr-otive-igbuzor/
Oga leave me na. Na by force?
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Wow. Insulting people is truth? I am avoiding you because I don't want to sink to your level.

Sorry you are still hurt.Man Up the truth is a bitter pill.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 9:31am On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oga leave me na. Na by force?
Sorry don't cry. it is my mandate to distribute sense.

1 Like

Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Ranchhoddas: 9:32am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Sorry you are still hurt.Man Up the truth is a bitter pill.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Ranchhoddas: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Sorry don't cry. it is my mandate to distribute sense.
See why I don't want to engage you? A person has a different opinion to you on an issue and you say he does not have sense.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by JackBizzle: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Christainity did not introduce Slavery to Africa.
Slavery have existed in Africa for over 600yrs before the Whites and Christainity came to Africa.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery

Of course, the muslims started it and the christians finished it.

Your holy books accept slavery as normal
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
JackBizzle:

Of course, the muslims started it and the christians finished it.

Your holy books accept slavery as normal

The Bible does not support Slavery.it has been proven here on Narialand.

It was christains who stopped Slavery.(Williams Wilberforce and others).
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
See why I don't want to engage you? A person has a different opinion to you on an issue and you say he does not have sense.

I was not refering to you. just making a point.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by JackBizzle: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2016
blueAgent:

The Bible does not support Slavery.it has been proven here on Narialand.

It was christains who stopped Slavery.(Williams Wilberforce and others).

Really? Then why does the bible tell you how to beat your slaves? That thread was debunked cleanly.

Also, the White men that took slaves from Africa were christians.

My guy, stop lying.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
JackBizzle:

Really? Then why does the bible tell you how to beat your slaves? That thread was debunked cleanly.

My guy, stop lying.

Slavery was stopped by Christains thats my Joy. iam yet to see one thing Apetheists can take credit for that they did for Mankind.
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by blueAgent(m): 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2016
JackBizzle:

My guy, stop lying.

Slavery was stopped by Christains thats my Joy. iam yet to see one thing Apetheists can take credit for that they did for Mankind.

www.nairaland.com/3210816/bible-slavery-answering-ignorant-atheists

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by hopefulLandlord: 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
blueAgent:

www.nairaland.com/3210816/bible-slavery-answering-ignorant-atheists

That thread was ripped apart by me, just check my first comment on that thread

The creator stylishly ignored my thread because it'll kill it in its tracks
Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by TheFilmmaker: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tellemall:

Drop your superiority complex. You are the direct result of the hard work which white people put into colonizing Africa with religion and military might. Bow to reality.

No wonder India is little different from Nigeria. You see what happens to places that reject westernization? They still always come back to trying to mimic the Western world with their fake products and hilarious things like pedal powered carts in the year 2016.

Oh, get over your hate for religion. Did you know the Romans who invented aqueducts were religious people? Who invented algebra? Wasn't it religious people? Was al-Qwarizmi a local black African? Your beloved Pythagoras theorem wasn't made on stone. If not for the education of religious people, your world would be in the stone age with the rest of uncivilized Africa. Religion has always shaped the mental strength of man needed for development.

China has gotten far from mimicking western products. Not by some invention of their own. Because left to themselves they don't have anything to offer the world except killing all the whales. If not for westernization and the discovery of Western oil, they would still be uncivilized and whetting their appetite on rare species.

So just stop your hate for westernization and religion. The world would be backwards without it. You wouldn't be typing all that without it. And you are better for it.

It is so hypocritical that you don't really think through what you're saying against them. You are hypocritical because you live a Western life and try to claim you could have it all without whites, religion and colonization. You couldn't. They did Africa and blacks a huge service.

So quit being thoughtless and spouting garb such as "inferiority complex and ignorance" because you Africans with superiority complexes are just stupid.

If Africans are so superior, why have they proven to be so backward that they needed white people to cross oceans and colonize them? These same black people that couldn't build a bridge to cross streams.

Africans like you need more colonization. You need enslavement to move you to the promised land. Right now you're in mental bondage, slave to the viva Africa spirit, when you're living the viva West life.

For your mind you don make small sense, abi?

Abeg, go siddon and learn, unlearn & relearn

I was once educatedly ignorant as you are now.

Re: 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ by Tellemall: 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
TheFilmmaker:

For your mind you don make small sense, abi?

Abeg, go siddon and learn, unlearn & relearn

I was once educatedly ignorant as you are now.

Yes, you were educated and ignorant. You're still the same fellow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress: Divine Repositioning December 4 - 9 / See How You Miss The Blessing Of God Almighty Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.