Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Solve This Puzzle - Forum Games (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Solve This Puzzle (41716 Views)

A Prisoner Dies In Cell: Who Can Solve This Puzzle? / Can You Solve This Puzzle About Places In Lagos? / Solve This Hidden Mobile Phone Eye Test (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
Morning house, i already answered questions 1 and 3, why is everyone still attempting an answered question undecided....

7 New Riddles. Rules: no expos, no cheating whatsoever, think and answer, if you copy from somewhere, i would know grin These are easy riddles so let's enjoy..

1. What is harder to catch the faster you run?

2. A woman was horrified to find a fly in her tea. The waiter took her cup and went in to the kitchen and returned with a fresh cup of tea. She shouted, '' You brought me the same tea! how did she know.

3. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

4. You do not want to have it, but when you have it you do not want to loose it, what is it?

5. What is the longest word in the dictionary?

6. A man rode into town on Thursday. He stayed for 2 days. One day he was cheated out of all his money. Sad and confused, he left on Thursday. How was this possible?

7. What do you eat before its alive and after its dead?

naturalwaves, amicable24, femi4, kobonaire, AgricSalt, mikaelzX, HyDef, saintneo, Davbams, KINGinVAHALA2, AgricSalt, annnikky, Tuham, Cherishing, repogirl, enoch273

1: Breath

4: I think Old Age, u dnt've old age buh wen u do u dnt want to loose it that's (die).

7:" Chicken" it is often eaten while still an egg, or after it's killed as an adult.
Re: Solve This Puzzle by HyDef(m): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
Morning house, i already answered questions 1 and 3, why is everyone still attempting an answered question undecided....

7 New Riddles. Rules: no expos, no cheating whatsoever, think and answer, if you copy from somewhere, i would know grin These are easy riddles so let's enjoy..

2. A woman was horrified to find a fly in her tea. The waiter took her cup and went in to the kitchen and returned with a fresh cup of tea. She shouted, '' You brought me the same tea! how did she know.

3. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

4. You do not want to have it, but when you have it you do not want to loose it, what is it?

6. A man rode into town on Thursday. He stayed for 2 days. One day he was cheated out of all his money. Sad and confused, he left on Thursday. How was this possible?

naturalwaves, amicable24, femi4, kobonaire, AgricSalt, mikaelzX, HyDef, saintneo, Davbams, KINGinVAHALA2, AgricSalt, annnikky, Tuham, Cherishing, repogirl, enoch273

1. Breath

3. River

5. Smiles! A mile between the S'es! Heard it before! grin

6. His horse is Thursday.

7. An egg/chicken
Re: Solve This Puzzle by HyDef(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
AgricSalt:
Who can solve this?

12 + 11 = 123

Subtract the numbers from each other. 12+11=1

Add the numbers. 12+11=23.

Put the answers together. 123.
Re: Solve This Puzzle by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

1 - shadow
2 - *starts scratching head*
3 - Na True Love ooh
4 - *i don't know this and i dont want to cheat using google*
5 - *why most of these questions strong pass me nah*
6 - Fowl's Egg (before it becomes alive by hatching), and chicken (after killing am, for my July birthday)
I try though, my IQ is not so that strong when it comes to Riddles

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by drlaykay(m): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
naturalwaves:

Okay.

This means that for every proposal the captain makes, he needs at least 3 people to support it including himself.

Looks like he needs to try and take the advantage from the next captain.

The maximum part makes it a bit difficult. Since he needs at least 3 people to support his motion including himself, the minimum number of coins that must leave him is 2 i.e for the 2 other people that must support him. He needs to reduce the coin to the bearest minimum so as to reduce the chance of some people voting for themselves so, 2 of the pirates need to get 0 coins as well.

Let the pirates be A B C D E respectively with the captain being A.
If he takes 98, gives B 1, gives C 1 and D and E 0, B can vote himself and D and E can decide to vote for B thus endagering the captain A.

If you continue the permutations, his best bet would be to take 98, give B 0coin, give C 1coin, give D 0coin and give E 1 coin. If any of C or E decides not to vote for A with this, they may lose their lives. So, they would rather vote for A to get something and also stay alive.
#My opinion though

This riddle took 25 minutes+ to crack. What is the answer o?

I do not accept this answer.
Don't you think the pirates given one gold coin each might still rebel since they are getting lesser than supposed?

Let's look at it from this angle.
Each pirate should get 20 gold coins each since they are 5.
Considering their greedy nature, no pirate will wanna be given lesser than 20 gold coins else such pirate will revolt.
The captain's best bet is
Give 2 pirates 21 gold coins each totalling to 42 gold coins
Give the 2 other pirates nothing
Now, the maximum the captain can keep is 58 coins.
With this, he's assured of the votes of the other 2 pirates who might revolt against him if they got 20 gold coins or lesser.
Ruminate over this sir.
cc annnikky

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
drlaykay:

I do not accept this answer.
Don't you think the pirates given one gold coin each might still rebel since they are getting lesser than supposed?

Let's look at it from this angle.
Each pirate should get 20 gold coins each since they are 5.
Considering their greedy nature, no pirate will wanna be given lesser than 20 gold coins else such pirate will revolt.
The captain's best bet is
Give 2 pirates 21 gold coins each totalling to 42 gold coins
Give the 2 other pirates nothing
Now, the maximum the captain can keep is 58 coins.
With this, he's assured of the votes of the other 2 pirates who might revolt against him if they got 20 gold coins or lesser.
Ruminate over this sir.
cc annnikky

nice points made and i like your perception and ability to argue with points, well said
Re: Solve This Puzzle by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Tuham:

1 - shadow
3 - Na True Love ooh
6 - Fowl's Egg (before it becomes alive by hatching), and chicken (after killing am, for my July birthday)

Bro trust your honest answers has done u justice, we learn everyday and i love riddles, forces you to think see past the obvious and also is a good test of IQ..

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
annnikky:

1: Breath

4: I think Old Age, u dnt've old age buh wen u do u dnt want to loose it that's (die).

7:" Chicken" it is often eaten while still an egg, or after it's killed as an adult.

4. NUMBER TO NUMBER 4 IS A lawsuit, you don't want to have it but when you do, you do not want to loose it... cool

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
Tuham:

1 - shadow
3 - Na True Love ooh

Answer to number 2, the woman already put sugar in her tea so when the waiter returned it with a new cup, the taste never changed. cool

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

4. NUMBER TO NUMBER 4 IS A lawsuit, you don't want to have it but when you do, you do not want to loose it... cool
R u sure

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by SirREX94: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
Always learning everyday here! Sustain the Tempo guys!
Re: Solve This Puzzle by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2016
annnikky:

R u sure

baby i am very sure, so sorry u missed it, better luck next time dear..
Re: Solve This Puzzle by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2016
SirREX94:
Always learning everyday here! Sustain the Tempo guys!

Thanks for for that, and let's all thank Annikky for stepping forward and starting the thread, it was her efforts that made rekindly my love for quotes and riddles... more to come soon, tell your friends and mention them too....
Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 9:03am On Jul 02, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Hmmmmm undecided
Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 9:07am On Jul 02, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

baby i am very sure, so sorry u missed it, better luck next time dear..
Ok.. No p smiley
Re: Solve This Puzzle by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:39am On Jul 02, 2016
More facts and quotes..

1. The poorest Americans are still richer than 80% of the world.

2. Banana is a happy fruit. Eating just one can help relieve irritable emotions, anger and or depression.

3. Daydreaming is said to help people focus on what they want in life.

4. Did you know: Your brain is constantly rewriting and editing your memories.

5. If you repeatedly criticize someone for liking something you don’t, they won’t stop liking it. They’ll stop liking you.

6. If a single teacher can't teach us all the subjects then how can you expect a single student to learn all the subjects?

7. Did you know: “Phantasia” is a neurological condition where the sufferer literally has no imagination.

8. Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is the fear of the number 666.

2 Likes

Re: Solve This Puzzle by SirREX94: 10:12am On Jul 02, 2016
Ok. Annikky big up's 2 u!
3rdlegxxx:

Thanks for for that, and let's all thank Annikky for stepping forward and starting the thread, it was her efforts that made rekindly my love for quotes and riddles... more to come soon, tell your friends and mention them too....
Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
SirREX94:
Ok. Annikky big up's 2 u!
Tnx SirREX94
Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 11:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
More facts and quotes..

1. The poorest Americans are still richer than 80% of the world.

2. Banana is a happy fruit. Eating just one can help relieve irritable emotions, anger and or depression.

3. Daydreaming is said to help people focus on what they want in life.

4. Did you know: Your brain is constantly rewriting and editing your memories.

5. If you repeatedly criticize someone for liking something you don’t, they won’t stop liking it. They’ll stop liking you.

6. If a single teacher can't teach us all the subjects then how can you expect a single student to learn all the subjects?

7. Did you know: “Phantasia” is a neurological condition where the sufferer literally has no imagination.

8. Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is the fear of the number 666.

Mehn guy this no.8 e be as get oo, d name too long no be small abeg hw we go take pronounce am na cheesy cheesy
Re: Solve This Puzzle by HyDef(m): 12:13am On Jul 03, 2016
How come I don't get mentions from this thread? I don't know again o!

Thanks for everything 3rdlegxxx! And to you annnikky and all your teasers, kisses! kiss
Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 7:25am On Jul 03, 2016
HyDef:
How come I don't get mentions from this thread? I don't know again o!

Thanks for everything 3rdlegxxx! And to you annnikky and all your teasers, kisses! kiss
I've not post new puzzle buh if I do I'll mention u, sori 4 d@
Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sport the differnce in this picture.

naturalwaves, amicable24, femi4, kobonaire, AgricSalt,
mikaelzX, HyDef, saintneo, Davbams, KINGinVAHALA2,
AgricSalt, Tuham, Cherishing, repogirl, enoch273,
naijamakossa, 3rdlegxxx, greatness22....

Re: Solve This Puzzle by annnikky(f): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
1: A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose
among three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the
second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2: An old man had been browsing for some time. He finally walked up to the girl behind the counter and handed her a book. She looked at the tag on the inside cover and said, "That's �4.50 please." The man handed her the money and promptly walked away without the book. The girl saw him leave empty-handed but she didn't call out to him in any way. Why?

3: a bee that loses its stinger grow another one?

4: How many of each kind of animal did Moses take on the ark?

5: A thief was brought before a king to receive his
punishment. The king, feeling merciful, asked the thief how he would like to die. The thief told him, and the king let him go. How did the thief wish to die?

naijamakossa, 3rdlegxxx, greatness22, kamel4real2015

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
annnikky:
second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2: An old man had been browsing for some time. He finally walked up to the girl behind the counter and handed her a book. She looked at the tag on the inside cover and said, "That's �4.50 please." The man handed her the money and promptly walked away without the book. The girl saw him leave empty-handed but she didn't call out to him in any way. Why?

punishment. The king, feeling merciful, asked the thief how he would like to die. The thief told him, and the king let him go. How did the thief wish to die?

quoting a person you dont want to talk to if i answer your puzzle what is my gift .

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by saintneo(m): 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
annnikky:

1. Room 3
2. Paid for browsing
3. No
4. None
5. Not to be killed.

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
annnikky:

1. The 3rd room. The lions must be already dead.

2. The book is the menu

3. Yes

4. 2 each for the "unclean" and 7 each for the "clean"

5. He asked the King to kill him himself. The King let him go since "he was feeling merciful"

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
annnikky:

1. 3rd room. Lions would be dead

2. Erm, the book has the list of prices for browsing

3. A bee cannot lose its stinger undecided

4. Moses never went into the ark. That was Noah.

5. He told the king that he would like to "die like a king".

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by HyDef(m): 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
annnikky:

1. 3rd room. The Lions are dead.

2. It was a library book he was returning?

3. No? A bee dies after stinging cuz it's intestines come out with it.

4. It was Noah! So none!

5. He wanted to die of old age?

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
AgricSalt:

1. The 3rd room. The lions must be already dead.

2. The book is the menu

3. Yes

4. 2 each for the "unclean" and 7 each for the "clean"

5. He asked the King to kill him himself. The King let him go since "he was feeling merciful"

Interesting posts an counter posts.

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 05, 2016
annnikky:

1. Na the 2nd, the assassins might took pity on him
2. You won't believe i still dont understand the question
3. I think it ought to!
4. Is it Moses or Noah?
5. By dragging him with horses
Shey i try?

1 Like

Re: Solve This Puzzle by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 05, 2016
annnikky:
Sport the differnce in this picture.

naijamakossa, 3rdlegxxx, greatness22....
The man wey wear cap behind has 2 eye in the first place but 1 in the second.
2nd - there is changes in the ball he holds

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Beauty Contest - Miss Nairaland! / Pls Join The Ongoing Phone Conversation Continued / Which Glass Has More Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.