Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,489 members, 7,954,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:51 AM

Review, Yetunde –an Ode To My Mother - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Review, Yetunde –an Ode To My Mother (510 Views)

Yetunde's Curse / An Ode To My Mother / An Ode To Priam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Review, Yetunde –an Ode To My Mother by Niftyrules(m): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
Here is a review of Segilola Salami's, Yetunde –An Ode to my Mother. It is such a book you will like to read.

Book title: Yetunde –An Ode to my Mother

Author’s name: Segilola Salami

Published by: Segilola Publishing

Publication year: 2016

If a babe really speaks this way, I would have given this laptop I type with to my one year old nephew Joshua, but of course this is an author’s fictitious expression of an infantile admiration for her mother’s care.

The author sets this work in a city in London and precisely in the mind of a little girl-child by the name Yetunde. Segilola Salami can be somewhat strict in the way she communicates the thoughts of Yetunde, a nine months old infant. But then the reality boils down to the fact that , having her think all these by herself can only be fictitious, entertaining (what any fictional writer does), but never to be imagined. It is an author’s intentional hijacking of the mind of a toddler.

Amongst the Yoruba descent and when we talk about mother to infant relationship, there is this time in the formative months of an infant when the mother speaks to her child, words meant to be understood only by older kids (see page 8 of 36). Telling little Yetunde about the cultures of the Yoruba race at her ninth month seems never too early. Yeah of course, the best time to start instilling the cultural heritage of one’s nativity. Though an infant will not come to the knowledge of all these teachings so soon but then, when these words continuously reiterates, the tender mind of the child begins to absorb and eventually speaks out to everyone’s awe someday.

See more here https://niftyreview./2016/06/07/yetunde-an-ode-to-my-mother/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Little Change / Dwarts Poetry Prize Calls For Submissions / A Cupful Of Trouble Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.