Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer (1338 Views)

How To Remove Shortcut Virus Using Cmd Step By Step / Post To Instagram From Computer - How To / 3 Ways To Remove Shortcut Virus Permanently From A Pendrive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer by paularo: 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
I often ask myself this question How to Remove Shortcut Virus? Then i would think and do what i always do when i remove the shortcut virus which to me is easy but when i try to explain to someone over the phone who needs to remove a shortcut virus, they find it hard to do because let's face it, it's not easy but that all ends today as i have learnt an even easier way of removing shortcut virus from your laptop or desktop computer

Every one among us has experienced the Shortcut Virus atleast once in our lifetime. Actually, it has become so common that people usually overlook and underestimate it. At first, it appears to be like like nothing problematic has occurred. Afterall, it’s only a shortcut file.

But it starts becoming worse:

As soon as days start passing after the shortcut virus initially enters in, you’ll start discovering that almost all of your files, folder and finally drives turning into shortcut, which reveals that the shortcut virus is spreading.

Shortcut virus, once entered, tries to conquer every file on the system. So, the best possible treatment is to take fast preventive actions as soon as you spot it.

Fact
As long as the virus stays or connects to new devices, it starts multiplying itself and spreads throughout every connected device!
How Did I Get the Shortucut Virus?

Have you ever ever wondered how and where the shortcut virus landed in your Removable Drive or PC?

Listed below are the possible reasons to know that your Disk is suffering from shortcut virus:

You downloaded an executable (.exe) file from untrusted third-party software program which had the virus.
You plugged in someone’s malicious USB Stick which spreaded the virus in your PC from where it entered your USB on connecting it.
You connected your Removable Drive into someone’s PC which contained the shortcut virus from which it spreaded over to your drive.
Things You Can Do To Stop The Spread Of Shortcut Virus

I already told you about taking quick preventive measure as quickly as you spot a shortcut virus

So, what precisely do you need to do?

You need to first protect the infected drive from spreading furthermore.

To do this, follow these steps:

Stop autoplay of removable drives.
And if you need to open and get the contents of your USB Drive, don’t double click and open it, that will execute the virus. Instead, Right Click on the drive, click Explore. This way, the shortcut virus won’t execute.

USB Fix – Shortcut Virus’ Fast Solution

UsbFix is a free malware removing software to will allow you to to detect and remove shortcut virus. It can scan contaminated removable devices, USB’s external HDD’s, smartphones, digital cameras, and so on.

And here’s the good part:

It’s kind of plug and play software i.e. Download -> Open -> Run and you’re finished!

With over 5 Million downloads, it is one of the most trusted software program to remove shortcut virus. Additionally, it's designed in a user-friendly User Interface which will assist you to get things done fast. The size of the software too, small (approx. 4 MB) which will run and help you eliminate the shortcut virus immediately.

This software is planned by El Desaparecido and developed by sosvirus.net.

Features:

Vaccinate: Permanent solution for the shortcut virus. This feature will create a brand new autorun.inf file in your removable drive. An autorun file handles the auto-starting of the drive. So, the newly created file will have protective measures to stop the shortcut virus.
Repair: It repairs the damaged files of your removable drives. It will help in the recovery of hidden files, registry entries, task manager, and so on.
Back-Up: You can backup your files before running UsbFix to revert things back later incase something goes wrong.
Steps to Remove Shortcut Virus using UsbFix

Download USBFIX.
Connect your USB drive / External HDD drive which contains the shortcut virus.
Run UsbFix software.
Click on Deletion. On clicking it, the process to remove shortcut virus will begin. It will then ask you to restart your PC.
Re: How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer by bestiyke(m): 8:44am On Jun 09, 2016
Good explanation. Good job. You have done noble
Re: How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer by Emeka71(m): 10:46am On Jun 09, 2016
Meaning that the shortcut virus can affect your flash drive even if you don't cut or receive files with shortcut virus ; provided the system has a file with shortcut virus .

(1) (Reply)

HP Omen Gaming Laptop Core I7 Ram 8 Gb 256 Gb US Used Like New For Sale / 40GB To 80GB Hard Disk Needed / Windows 2000: Network Not Present Or Not Started

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.