Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,577 members, 7,840,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817277 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2008
yodiyokun:

We talk of Diamond yesterday - see how the thing come gain 5% max points today, na wa for you people ooo.

Anyway let this momentum keep on keeping on - make I sell finally!.

The NASCON jet is experiencing slight turbulence, Aktopgun please check your charts to see what lays ahead.

I think say Aktopgun still dey cockpit for Oceanic jetliner just dey check sha since you have decided to start speaking japanese. I beg make sure the co-pilot fit translate because wifey don talk am say we no dey disembark until we get to Australia grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2008
marco74:

whats happening 2 ci leasing??a few people siad it was over priced some days back yet its been doing nearly 5% appreciation consistently??is something cooking that we're not aware of??make una yarn o!!!!!!

That it is over-priced does not mean it will fall in price but it signals those that don't want to over-gamble to exit. When stocks make a dramatic turnaround after consistent gains, selling can be a problem.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ FO2, Nairalanders

Time for me to interprete for FO2. Again!

Me thinks, as we say in Brixton, he refers to Napolean having more than one name and personality on this site.

FO2 please confirm solution to this riddle.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2008
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get Wisdom.

Elder Napoleon - please keep bringing it, the young shall grow - and we shall remember you for your words of wisdom, when we are old, and like you.

Baba Wanaj0, Fof2, Queen Windy, Oga Pumping, Guru Frankiri - and all the other gurus that have been contributing to my knowledge and others on the thread, we salue you oh, and remain loyal.

So whats up for grab this Thursday/Friday?

BTW - Oga Pumping, na wah for you oh - you cleared up SCOA, Elder Napoleon don talk am - i go dey watch you closely now, you dey among those wey dey manipulate market. (Just let me know when you are dumping, )
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2008
Because of Agba Napeoleon  single article , i recommend him nake for GCON for this thread,

so much exposition , sometimes i look at some of my brokers, one tie and one weather beaten shirt , still he tells me , buy this , look t this , sometimes he is correct , sometimes wrong , but he handles all these millions and what do you think ,

that said , i will read that article again and again , but somehow we will get there and this is the kind of candle (japenness or nigerian) , no this one na touch light tht we need to walk this NSE jungle ,

This thread may soon appear on CNN , it is simply phenomenal !  lipsrsealed i was at Port-harcourt airport yesterday and i saw some people with investopeadia.com article on RSi and MACD, the next question that cme to my mind is , guess , do you know father of 2 !!!

Thanks again Napoleon for taking your time to share this with us , like every other stuff here , we read in between as well
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adechuks(m): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2008
I have duly printed out (all 4 pages) Napolean's expose.
To study at home very thoroughly.

@Napolean,
Thank u.
You are the uncle I have been looking for all my life.
Now i wonder what you did at our age. 20's and 30's.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ALL

I know I just recently wrote about my brokers imcompetences but what Im about to write just tops it all.

I deposited my certificate for deap capital and trust precisely on the 15th of January.

It is exactly a month now, and instead of me to hear that 'it has not come back from the registrar yet'

What I heard from the secretary was that 'I am just jobing it now, I am waiting for the MD's signature, he is not around, when he comes around, he will sign it, then we would take it to the registrar'

SHOULD I STILL COMPLAIN? THIS IS NUMBER 1 INCOMPETENCE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2008
marco74:

whats happening 2 ci leasing??a few people siad it was over priced some days back yet its been doing nearly 5% appreciation consistently??is something cooking that we're not aware of??make una yarn o!!!!!!

One of the most interesting books Ive read is how to make money in stocks by J Oneil.(Investopaedia classifies him as one of the ten greatest investors of all time) In it he draws conclusion based on 40years of data in the US mkt.
He found that %increase in earnings per share and not PE is the most important for some of the stocks that have had the most amazing runs in history.
That said for those in Cileasing already its good(cant say how bad the effect of new share listing will be).Cant say u should enter now sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get Wisdom.

Elder Napoleon - please keep bringing it, the young shall grow - and we shall remember you for your words of wisdom, when we are old, and like you.

Baba Wanaj0, Fof2, Queen Windy, Oga Pumping, Guru Frankiri - and all the other gurus that have been contributing to my knowledge and others on the thread, we salue you oh, and remain loyal.

So whats up for grab this Thursday/Friday?

I think some stocks go need to fall to represent oh. This friday no too good except for one or two insurance wen dey fall now.

Three good ones dey fall now, but TWO are making good hasty retreat. I don dey pray all week say make PUMPING AND EASIMONI no quick observe dem yet.
Na full force Air hostess take slam Diamond door shut this morning.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donne4real(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2008
Suze Orman is a well-regarded and respected financial advice guru. She has authored several financial advice books and her latest, Women and Money-Owning The Power To Control Your Destiny was offered for free on Oprah's show as a valentine gift. You can download it at http://naijalowa.com/free-financial-advice-e-book-by-suze-orman/

It is about 2MB in size so I couldnt attach it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2008
samstone4:

@ FO2, Nairalanders

Time for me to interprete for FO2. Again!

Me thinks, as we say in Brixton, he refers to Napolean having more than one name and personality on this site.

FO2 please confirm solution to this riddle.

Samstone4 cool cool cool

I no talk oh, but my suspicion gets deeper.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

I think some stocks go need to fall to represent oh. This friday no too good except for one or two insurance when dey fall now.

Three good ones dey fall now, but TWO are making good hasty retreat. I don dey pray all week say make PUMPING AND EASIMONI no quick observe them yet.
Na full force Air hostess take slam Diamond door shut this morning.

I have looked at todays price list --- nothing appears to be jumping out  to me either.

lets watch what next week will look like - like Wanaj) says, no be everytime one dey buy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ Easimoni,

On the large sale of Diamond volume yesterday,i gist with my broker well well this morning oh. E say no be major institution sell oh.
Na just one man institution contribute mostly to the selling. Dem say the guy need cash badly yesterday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

I think some stocks go need to fall to represent oh. This friday no too good except for one or two insurance when dey fall now.

Three good ones dey fall now, but TWO are making good hasty retreat. I don dey pray all week say make PUMPING AND EASIMONI no quick observe them yet.
Na full force Air hostess take slam [b]Diamond door shut this morning.[/b]

As you talk yesterday say door dey close for Diamond I come dey see folks wey talk say MACD and RSI and co. say time never reach. No mind them jare. I like you well well for one thing. You no dey try chop alone grin grin

I no get eye see anything o. The door wey open yesterday no gree me enter today sef. I blame myself sha. Na low bid cause am.

He be like say na crack I go dey go for now. I no go dey wait for the door to open make Elephant no pun intended come block am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ Napoleon, I beg to disagree as per importers getting loans at high intesret rate. They do. The margin is not much but they work on turnover. Most of the loans are even short term facility. Some are overdraft.

Interest rate is falling now. So even for your termdeposit, your chnaces of getting anything above 15% is slim. Even pension funds with huge money are not getting that huge interest rate again.

Yes there are sharp practices. You have directors using bank loans collected at a discount to buy same bank shares. That is clearly illegal but difficult to prove!!!

On commission, I go for a flat % irrespective of the quantity I am trading in. However, as your portfolio size increases, you can go for a fee. Same way you do with property transactions. Above a certain level, you start to negotiate!

Nothing bad in doing CICO. However, it is not always the most profitable. Over time, studies has showsn that you make more money the longer you stay in a fundamentally sound stock.

With all the inefficiencies on the NSE, there is still a lot of money to be made. So no one should panic.

For those complaining about their brokers, well you need to change your strategy. If you really want to be wealthy, you need to have a 'personal' broker, a lawyer and then an accountant.

As per identity theft, those abroad should stop buying as individuals. Make transactions as a corporate entity. That in a way shields your identity.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2008
yodiyokun:

I have looked at todays price list --- nothing appears to be jumping out  to me either.

lets watch what next week will look like - like Wanaj) says, no be everytime one dey buy.

They're looking too high.The PANIC BUYING of last week never wear out yet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2008
Chei!! Today na Valentine day sef!! I don forget o. Na outside I go sleep tonight shocked. Oya, kia kia where dem dey sell something wey pink?? wink wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2008
Fo2,

Father you get winch oh, see what happen to Diamond today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
pumping777:

As you talk yesterday say door dey close for Diamond I come dey see folks wey talk say MACD and RSI and co. say time never reach. No mind them jare. I like you well well for one thing. You no dey try chop alone grin grin

I no get eye see anything o. The door wey open yesterday no gree me enter today sef. I blame myself sha. Na low bid cause am.

He be like say na crack I go dey go for now. I no go dey wait for the door to open make Elephant no pun intended come block am.

The two result wen powerfull pass for this trading business na 9months and full year.
Na Diamond 9months man just dey wait for. Me i don dey calculate N28 target for dem.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
kpineo:

Fo2,

No be winch oh. Na simple rule of GRADUAL CONSISTENT fall and strike.
I get some before but i con add join at N20.71 yesterday.
I still dey pray my Rosary now make Pumping and Easimoni no quick see the other 3 wen person fit hammer.
I dey fear their eye for this place.
If dem see am,na National Stadium everybody go hear.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2008
kpineo:

Fo2,

But no give up oh,today fit just be temporary spike,but wetin important na to be in SAFE ZONE were do stock no fit do e worst.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2008
@F02
help your boy, spare N1 dey with broker, wey i still dey scope how to deploy for full growth.
Nascon experienced turbulence.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2008
@fatherof2
Perhaps after you don enter the stock you can tell the house.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Easimoni,

On the large sale of Diamond volume yesterday,i gist with my broker well well this morning oh. E say no be major institution sell oh.
Na just one man institution contribute mostly to the selling. Dem say the guy need cash badly yesterday.

Really useful information, thanks. As you said, the door opened and closed v quickly.

FatherOF2:

I still dey pray my Rosary now make Pumping and Easimoni no quick see the other 3 when person fit hammer.
If them see am,na National Stadium everybody go hear.

I don dey learn my lesson. I buy THEN I tell. Nairalanders too much. Meself get 2 BUYS but my broker dey slack.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2008
my mama tell me say na only winch dey know winch grin grin grin grin
FO2
who be dat double personality wen you see sir?
e be like say una join people wen dey clean that floor for NSE, wen not even GROMMAC dey for sale again grin grin grin grin

Any way
e be like say Napo know wetin im dey talk o!
all these one man riot squad sef
i dey seriously fear this thread o!
i wan go stealth, make i no wound o!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2008
this thing just dey double click!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2008
In response to Napoleons Treatise on the "inside" modus-operandi of the NSE I would like to state the following.

Irrespective of your age, risk aversion, financial limitations,etc,etc there is still money to be made from the NSE (both from P.O's,IPO's and from the secondary market).

The old Robert Kiyosaki adage that "90% of the Stock market is being controlled by 10% of the investors" does apply to the NSE, but that does not stop you from profiting from the NSE.

Technical,Fundamental and Sentimental analysis still form the basis of investment decision making in Stock, it doesnt matter whether you made a PP or not.

When chosing a Stock Broking firm always find out who has the powers to make decisions on the floor of the NSE in the absence of the MD/CEO. Be very wary of stock brokerage firms who can only carry out trades through the MD. No matter how badly dressed or poorly paid the Stock Broker may be-make him your best friend, give him a treat or an occassional "gift" and your gift will make room for you. You'll find out that your execution orders get done with preferential alacrity. Always try and have at least 2 to 3 different stock brokerage firms that you can use at any point in time.

But for the imperfections of the NSE , CICO as an Investment technique would be a perfect and reliable way of making money just as those who do Day Trading on the LSE/NASDAQ. There is nothing wrong with a Short termer buying stock on Monday and Selling on Friday on the NSE-so far as you are not losing money.

My first stock purchased was 1,000 units of FBN shares @N6 in 1996; my N6,000 investment is now worth over N900,000 through long term compounding. There is nothng wrong in selling off part of the stock in order to finance other Stock opportunities and probably buying back the original stock when the price falls or with the proceeds of the profit thereof.Being a long term investor does not necessarily mean that you can not sell part of your stock especially when there is money to be made elsewhere.

I use to work with FBN Bank (UK) Ltd and handled various investment accounts belonging to Danata,Dangote,E. Offor, Ajeikigbe, Abboh, Igbinedion and lots of other high net worth Nigerian money bags including their mandates (which includes next-of-kin,original signature, pictures,etc).It is not that easy to "hack" into people's account and hijack their funds. The fact that you have to put your details on PO/CSCS  forms does not mean that your CSCS  a/c can be "hacked" into neither should it be an excuse for not dematerialising your share certificates.

There are lots of market movers that can manipulate the price trend of particular shares.

Common-sense should prevail when investing in stock.Keep part of your portfolio for long -term investment and you could be adventurous and trade in short/medium term stock. The margin profit from CICO-ing does get compounded with the rest of the portfolio.

While its nice to understand what happens behind the scenes in high places in the NSE and Registrars,etc it is also pertinent to know that you can make it through the normal route in the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

More comments to Napoleons' treatise are welcome
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by fistof: 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2008
@All
Please point me to sites that can I download NSE daily price list in excel format?
or can somebody attach it. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

I still dey pray my Rosary now make Pumping and Easimoni no quick see the other 3 when person fit hammer.
If them see am,na National Stadium everybody go hear.

My lips don dey sealed patapata after dem don show me. Na one thing to see stock to hammer na another tory to take eye see am to buy. Na BUY first, TALK later. No gain in being the first to know  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2008
Copied Napoleons two recent posts and converted it to pdf.

Need to read it offline a number of times.

@Father of 2

Why are you doing this to us? Its not fair oo grin

Getting everyone all interested and dieing for an 'expose`'
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2008
pumping777:

My lips don dey sealed patapata after them don show me. Na one thing to see stock to hammer na another tory to take eye see am to buy. Na BUY first, TALK later. No gain in being the first to know grin grin

Man must learn japanese by force

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.