Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,658 members, 7,840,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817337 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2008
aktopgun:

which kind of yeye mathematics is AIT doing, no be 4.8b them go get if they are selling 960m units at N5? wetin them wan do with the remaining 3b on top when them make the 1.8b wey them say them need?

original tief tief as fela talk!

or is there something i'm missing?

Even if Dokpesi no know maths aunty Ndid suppose sabi, abeg make AIT no do ITT
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abocana: 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2008
I will appreaciate info on how to get online trade alert from NSE.

Cost and the process information will be a good idea.

Thank very much guys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2008
Quote from: Feelgood-June 2007
Guys, It's difficult buying Oceanic, mutual benefits; it appears nobody wants to sell.
What do you guys think of Lasaco, C & I, Wema and Skye. I got 500,000naira to play with for only 3months - which stocks can I buy? Advise please.
Many thanks for the great work you folks are doing here on this thread messrs Frankiriri, aylala, easimoni et al

@Feelgood,

How are you doing? Long time (we crossed paths in the erstwhile Risky Business forum I presume). BTW, what was the outcome of your Investment decision in June with your N500,000 ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2008
abocana:

Thank very much guys.
@ abocana,
You need to download and complete the trade alert form from CSCS website, here is the link for instruction:
http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=18 the form is just at bottom left corner of most download section. Follow the steps and you will get your need.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2008
@Nairalanders

Once more with feeling - like James Brown or somebody like him used to say - "does anybody have information about Japaul allotment of additional rights?"

Has anybody confirmed the "story" about conversion of returned money to equity via private placement?

Does anybody care? Is anybody there?

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mekoyo(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2008
All i know is that profit takers are already taking their profits that was why it dropped for a while but it is appreciating now and its over 12 naira.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2008
abocana:

Thank very much guys.

I just did mine this week. You need to get all the info required from your broker. Then go online and complete the online form at this website. http://www.nse-cscstradealert.com/.

It is free.

I got my reply the same day.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2008
Please i am very interested in d multilinks,starcomms,interswitch nd aso savings nd loans pps,i do commend this forum nd pray BABA OLUWA to giv us retentive memories to understand all d gurus in d hse better.pls hit me bck at wb2022002@yahoo.com in regards to d pp i will apprecite.thanks[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2008
Does anyone know the Broker Code for Afrinvest West Africa ? I need it for my Trade Alert subscription. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2008
@ Nairlander

my good broker grin promised He can get first Inland for me on sec market, is it a good one ,

Also he mentioned Equityassurance , are these good for a CICO within the next 6 weeks - March ending
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2008
When I stared following this thread,CICO used to be for 6 weeks.Now I can think it is one week,max two weeks.6 weeks na short-medium term investment.

I bought Equity at 2 naira at the end of November,I can't imagine recommending it to someone now at over 5 naira.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2008
Eleven Nigerian companies including Dangote Plc are to be listed on both London and South African stock markets (Business Day).-

This is on the heels of a memorandum of understanding between the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and 13 stock exchanges across the world. It would be recalled that Diamond Bank plc was recently listed on the London stock market. Director General, NSE Ndidi Okereke, who disclosed this at the annual briefing and interactive session with the House committee on capital market, said the exchange would be going to those countries in the next two weeks to see which of the selected companies would qualify for the cross border listing.

The South African people are also looking at there own companies that match the listing requirements of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and already Dangote is qualify with ten other banks for the listing,” she said. She also said the NSE had already set up a committee to see to quoting and listing the Nigerian Stock Exchange on the New York, London, Egypt and Johannesburg stock exchanges, otherwise known as demutualization. She said this would enable Nigerians in any part of the world to be shareholders on Nigerian companies in order to create more wealth. “The reason this has not been accomplished is because the government of Nigeria called the NSE council and told us to take it easy that they didn’t think Nigeria was ready for listing the stock exchange and commercializing the activities of NSE and that the shareholders may force us into increasing our rates of charges and price our charges above the average Nigerians” said Okere.

The Director General said now that government is indicating its intention in demutualization the council of the NSE at its meeting last Friday set up a committee on demutualization of the NSE. She gave the assurance that the exchange will be completely demutualised before she lives the NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2008
Please does anyone know whether japul oil has started posting share certificates.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2008
It is one thing to list shares on the NSE and another to be able to trade the shares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2008
LondonCool:

Quote from: Feelgood-June 2007
@Feelgood,

How are you doing? Long time (we crossed paths in the erstwhile Risky Business forum I presume). BTW, what was the outcome of your Investment decision in June with your N500,000 ?
Londoncool i like the way you keep representing yourself and knowing from your follower how things are going on with them
Thanks anyway for checking
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2008
@Nairalanders

Latest from Mr Transcorp:

Some of the bones of contention on the board include:

1] Original investors selling more shares bought at 1N per IN share than the agreed proportion. The restriction was to have been in place for 2 years after listing on the exchange but the greed took over and "peeps" - to use a Nairalander word, started selling their loot and selling us "Talakawas" - the ordinary shareholders, down the Mississippi.

2] The renumeration of some of the senior employees and consultants were deemed excessive especially as no published record of profits!

Ironically, these items and the fall out may actually explain the recent recovery of the shares on the NSE and may indeed signal a buy. My reason, the greedy founders who were flouting the agreement not to sell can no longer do so with impunity and may be forced to take steps to retrieve the share price and placate us masses.

If my analysis is correct you will see continued surge in Transcorp price.
Else we the mob are going to "storm le Bastille", as mon ami, le Monsieur Rogue Trader - currently in a padded cell and dreaming of marrying Carla Bruni - will say.

Bon Chance

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ SavvyLanre,

You still dey fear for me and Upward and Ololufemi for our Air Larfarge?.
 Na N67 i take buy oh. I miss am for December before. The stock go do prodigal son late December, e don prodigal finish, e come back come house come BEG FOR MONEY.Na 16% profit so far now and rising SURELY.
The other building material CCNN when go enjoy Air Larfarge windfall still dey rev dey go dey go.E don dey enter N21 plus now. Time don dey go.Na N19 plus e dey hang since oh.

Fof2 - i still dey pray for una o, ZSL thought me one lesson early this year, and i added this to my list of strategy - if i cannot keep a stock for longterm, then i no dey buy am for shorterm in the event of a freefall - i bought UBA @50.95 (No shaking) although i added some more at 49. Nascon at 19.50 last year, and yet no shaking, The only reason i sold my Air larfarge (bought at 67) was due to that importation news - i am not sure how the market would react to it, and since i am a small boy and other better stock dey for market - i quickly commot my money. But my prayer is that it reaches your exit point,

Meanwhile, i beg no talk too much o, on that thing i asked you on wednesday  (remember the silent big pockets) - as i see say you don dey give tips already - because your boy go wipe some off the floor on Monday. (the o and the n - i see that one too  grin)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2008
@ all who can help me with a site to get the pricelist list of previuos trades
Still waiting
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2008
enurayce:

@ all who can help me with a site to get the pricelist list of previuos trades
Still waiting

http://www.zenithsecuritiesng.com/marketanalysis.php

Fill in the date you want.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2008
@FATHEROF2

I HAVE A FILE I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH YOU.

IF YOU DON'T MIND MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS DEBENZD@YAHOO.COM

I NEED TO JUGGLE SOME FIGURES
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2008
debenzd:

I just did mine this week. You need to get all the info required from your broker. Then go online and complete the online form at this website. http://www.nse-cscstradealert.com/.

It is free.

I got my reply the same day.

Not quite. It depends on what you are talking about.

This is from the FAQ section.
------------------------------------------------
What is the NSE/CSCS Trade Alert?

The NSE/CSCS Trade Alert is an Investor Protection Scheme from the Central Securities Clearing System of the Nigerian Stock Exchange which notifies you every time your stocks are traded on the floor of the Exchange.The share holder automatically gets an SMS message on his or her GSM phone notifying him or her of the transaction before it is completed. This means you can abort the transaction with a simple call if you did not authorise it.

What are the subscription fees?

N3600 for 12 Months
I am a small time shareholder and the subscription fee is too high for me, what can I do when I want to trade my stocks?

For all investors,transaction alert of Trade Alert is free
---------------------------------------------------

I think the portion in bold is what you are really paying for if you are paying the subscription fee. The free service is just for your information.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2008
Pumping777

Please what is your take on Redstarex - is it too expensive to enter?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2008
beginner:

Pumping777

Please what is your take on Redstarex - is it too expensive to enter?

It is for me. I'd consider it at N8.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SuperGuy: 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2008
Pumping, I can see you are on the floor on this rare day when many are relaxing,
thanks and I hope you will respond to my mail too.

-Lasaco seems to be a stock to watch, at least there is no PO in sight, 3q result (879m) being the highest
in that sector and very likely to declare great profit. What is your position on it and what price are we looking at
in the next 1 month.

-What do you think Ikeja hotel price will be by march end, dont know why the stock is not rising despite
very good 3q result (690m) and share o/s just 1.85b, we expect the pe at year end to around 12 which is great,
I see the stock moving to around #12 considering the above statistic; what do you really think?

Thanks and pls respond as I intend taking position next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2008
Thanks pumping for clarifying. I didn't have to pay for the notifications but I guess if you need to go a step further then you may need to pay.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2008
SuperGuy:

Pumping, I can see you are on the floor on this rare day when many are relaxing,
thanks and I hope you will respond to my mail too.

-Lasaco seems to be a stock to watch, at least there is no PO in sight, 3q result (879m) being the highest
in that sector and very likely to declare great profit. What is your position on it and what price are we looking at
in the next 1 month.

-What do you think Ikeja hotel price will be by march end, don't know why the stock is not rising despite
very good 3q result (690m) and share o/s just 1.85b, we expect the pe at year end to around 12 which is great,
I see the stock moving to around #12 considering the above statistic; what do you really think?

Thanks and please respond as I intend taking position next week.

Lasaco - Are you so sure there is no PO in the works? Anyway, I don't have anything fantastic to say about any insurance stock right now. Generally, they are all over-priced but by varying degrees. Lasaco has a forward PE of around 37 so I won't consider it cheap. Sentiments is what is driving that sector right now. I think it is good for short term trading though. We won't start seeing their results till around June and I don't see many of them coming up with fantastic results. In the next one month we will see all kind of prices as profit takers keep the price cycling up and down but the trend will likely be upwards.

Ikeja Hotels - Predicting future price na bigboylarry's territory o. I no sabi do dat one grin grin

Ikeja Hotel for me now is a medium term stock. We need to wait for the full year results to come and last year this did not come out till September so it could be a long wait. If you look at the stock historically, it tends to move around the time of announcement of results or a general bull market so don't be surprised if the stock price tend to be stagnant for a while except something tangible happens.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2008
Hi Guys! what do you guys think of fidelity bank ? their end of year is June. what about Diamond and Zenith bank? Elephant nko? possible to make 50% in 6 months? PHB? Cappa & D’Alberto? UNIVERSITY PRESS? INTERNATIONAL Energy NEM ? UBA.?

brother needs your help, opinion and analysis on above.

peace to Men of good will.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:20pm On Feb 16, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

Hi Guys! what do you guys think of fidelity bank ? their end of year is June. what about Diamond and Zenith bank? Elephant nko? possible to make 50% in 6 months? PHB? Cappa & D’Alberto? UNIVERSITY PRESS? INTERNATIONAL Energy NEM ? UBA.?

I dont see how the Elephant will give 50% in June sha but thats just me, even UBA will be more so 30% unless there's news that proves to be worth it. Wouldnt u be better doing CICO making 25% 1 place like in Diamond and then shifting it.
meanwhile how is your N40mil going, abeg keep us updated now grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 11:05pm On Feb 16, 2008
Quote from: blueband on Today at 11:08:50 AM
960 million units multiplied by 5 naira=1.8 billion naira!

UP AIT!

Quote from: Aptogun Today at 12:21:43 PM
which kind of yeye mathematics is AIT doing, no be 4.8b them go get if they are selling 960m units at N5? wetin them wan do with the remaining 3b on top when them make the 1.8b wey them say them need?

original tief tief as fela talk!

or is there something i'm missing?

Topgun: N3b = 600m units might be going the preferential treatment way or Institutional investors. All this equals an offer that's already over subscribed before the offer even starts shocked shocked shocked

Make sure your anti PO vaccination is up to date!!!

Quote from: debenzd Today at 12:51:41 PM

@ Omoba3

You hit the nail on the head. Something similar happened to me this week. I had asked that they sell oceanic since monday this week. As I write, I don't even know if the sale has been made. Meanwhile I be don position to enter some insurance stocks by this Friday. This na Lead Capital o!

I really wish it were possible to be pals with the broker imself. So far 4 UBA Stockbrokers, I have someone who ensures my order is flagged 4 that day.

I just tire jare.

debenzd:
Me sef tire o shocked sad

The things is , unless you have deep pockets, situations like this will cripple your investment decisions.

I think if Nairalanders can muster the required clout, we can set up an efficient brokerage firm, abi I talk lie? By the time we comot bread from their mouth small everyone will sit up. grin

WASKY-WAJA:

WASKY-WAJA: Old boy the stocks you mentioned have been recently talked about a few pages back. Any replies you get might not be as in depth as various contributions from different people. I would suggest going back a few pages and this will hopefully help structure any unanswered questions you have. I hope this helps.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2008
Wasky-Waja: Found this:

Cappa and D'Alberto Plc Turnover PBT TAX PAT
=N='000 =N='000 =N='000 =N='000
30-Sep-07 6 Mths 3,796,000 453,569 144,029 309,540
30-Sep-06 6 Mths 3,696,000 341,349 104,572 236,777
2.7% 32.9% 30.7%

WanajO is the chief pilot of this flight and would be able to tell you if its safe to board.

Better still, do a search on Nairaland on each stock, this should help you find each recent or previous post on the stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2008
omoba3, thanks bro i will go back few pages. still waiting for wanajo to comment, Fo2 these days dont open up
.still waiting for the guy to talk me for ages. any way he is still by main man and i like him,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:32am On Feb 17, 2008
Since everyone seems to be enjoying their loot today, I thought I would lighten up with some cartoons.

For all those who have questions about which broker to use, try the method below!

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.