Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,600 members, 7,840,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817298 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 6:22pm On Mar 05, 2008
UAC-prop was selling apartments in 1004 estate at one time. Not sure if the sale is still going on.

Was initially interested in the 1004 apartments, but backed out eventually. I think it's all been sold now, though there are some re-sales. The the closer I looked at those tall buildings, the more I thought maintainance will be a major issue. Well, maybe UAC will pull this one off, but somehow I'm not convinced.  angry

IBTC is also selling some near the walter carrington area. Might be worth checking out

Fear no go gree me ask them for the price sef! The kind big money them dey call for that Nigeria you go think say na from tree person dey pluck am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2008
2 BR flat starts at 100M
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2008
not to even talk of yearly service charge which can be as much as 1Million a year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2008
mastermove:

2 BR flat starts at 100M

That's around $800K na wa o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2008
2 BR flat starts at 100M

The one that surprises me is that people actually snap up these assets shocked . And them say money no dey Naija  angry Ok, we will see how far after I've relocated to Nigeria. No be london salary person dey take buy that one.  

My main observation is how foreigners are hitting jackpot all over the place. If it's not exclusive hotels the Chinese are building, it's the South African's doing their own thing. You'll almost be grateful for finding a good hotel room because the've snapped up everything.

Na im I sidon for London dey help bank make money, embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2008
Houses in Naija are very expensive.Not worth going into if you ask me.Better to rent a luxury flat in Lagos and build a mansion in your village, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2008
oshkosh:

The one that surprises me is that people actually snap up these assets shocked . And them say money no dey Naija  angry Ok, we will see how far after I've relocated to Nigeria. No be london salary person dey take buy that one.  

You fit commot equity if you get property for London take go deposit for two apartments live for inside one and rent out the other one.
There are actually  good mortgage facilities in naija now with 10-year tenure if you get 20% deposit.

Your interest rate is anything between 12-18%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2008
Grab a  copy of Castle magazine. I am sure that yould be able to get something that you would like
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2008
blueband:

Houses in Naija are very expensive.Not worth going into if you ask me.Better to rent a luxury flat in Lagos and build a mansion in your village, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wetin you dey go do for village? What you are forgetting is the rent you are paying is more or less equal to the mortgage you will be paying if you take out a mortgage on your apartment
And dont forget capital appreciation is guaranteed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2008
You fit commot equity if you get property for London

Yes, actually considering this option, thankfully, the Real estate boom in the UK did not pass me by, I for dey bite finger now,

But someone, it just seems easier to make this type of $ out there,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2008
Blueband

Wao!. Are you going to put the kids in a luxury flat. Don't you want to enjoy the cinema and shopping at shoprite. Good roads are coming and this is just the beginning. If you have the money you can still get a house to buy on the Oniru estate millenium homes for about 75m. Spend all this money you have made on the NSE. Remember to take out profit. Even though I am new I have learnt a lot. Would declare at the end of the year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2008
I swear NSE money sweet.But i no fit carry 75 million naira go buy flat.I go rather invest am into other things.I still dey plan open substance misuse clinic for one green area for Jos.And that one go be capital intensive project.If I fit get big people children into the clinic maybe I go list am for NSE.

If you sabi buy motor for yankee sell for Nigeria ,the profit can sometimes be 100 percent.But you get to sabi person wey get Bank of America Auction license.Na dem dey sell the cheapest repossessed cars.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2008
blueband:

I swear NSE money sweet.But i no fit carry 75 million naira go buy flat.I go rather invest am into other things.I still dey plan open substance misuse clinic for one green area for Jos.And that one go be capital intensive project.If I fit get big people children into the clinic maybe I go list am for NSE.

If you sabi buy motor for yankee sell for Nigeria ,the profit can sometimes be 100 percent.But you get to sabi person wey get Bank of America Auction license.Na them dey sell the cheapest repossessed cars.

You are not going to pay N75M cash down are you? And you have to deal with all the agbero and cowboys wey dey for tin can island
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2008
oshkosh:

Yes, actually considering this option, thankfully, the Real estate boom in the UK did not pass me by, I for dey bite finger now,

But someone, it just seems easier to make this type of $ out there,

You will need to release a  large amount of equity to buy a N75m (£300,000), that house in the UK will have to be fantastic for you to be able to do such plus you will need at least £2200 to service it every month.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2008
Let me add one thing I omitted in my last analysis of Japaul.

The PO shares cannot be listed before the full year result is announced and the associated closure date.

This is simply because PO shares don't qualify for bonus and dividends and it will not be possible to sell one version of Japaul that qualifies for dividends and another one that does not at the same time on the floor.

So if people get their certificates, they cannot even verify not to talk of selling. This will play out just like Oceanic. I will expect the shares to be listed immediately after the closure of the register in this case too.

I remember someone asking of how to know when the shares will be listed. This is your cue.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2008
orisebawo:

You will need to release a large amount of equity to buy a N75m (£300,000), that house in the UK will have to be fantastic for you to be able to do such plus you will need at least £2200 to service it every month.

You only need to release £60K and get a mortgage for £240K for about 10 years and who says you have to pay off the mortgage in 10 years? You can pay it off sooner! Assuming you are buying a house worth that amount
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
orisebawo:

You will need to release a large amount of equity to buy a N75m (£300,000), that house in the UK will have to be fantastic for you to be able to do such plus you will need at least £2200 to service it every month.

And dont forget that in the UK house prices have more than doubled in the last 5-7 years if you are opportuned enough to get in on the action that is
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2008
For those contemplating on renting in lekki, i will suggest you look into buying properties arround 3rd round about area, Prices there are still not as high as lekki phase 1 or VGC, Instead of buying castles newspaper, you can check properties on thier website castlesweekly.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2008
RoughCut:

And don't forget that in the UK house prices have more than doubled in the last 5-7 years if you are opportuned enough to get in on the action that is

RoughCut:

You only need to release £60K and get a mortgage for £240K for about 10 years and who says you have to pay off the mortgage in 10 years? You can pay it off sooner! Assuming you are buying a house worth that amount

I thought he was thinking of buying the house cash down(N75M)

Houses in my area have definitely not doubled in the last 5-7 years, i know the Office of national Statistics says so but it is yet to happen in the open market, maybe if you buy at auctions
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 7:09pm On Mar 05, 2008
goldenson:

For those contemplating on renting in lekki, i will suggest you look into buying properties arround 3rd round about area, Prices there are still not as high as lekki phase 1 or VGC, Instead of buying castles newspaper, you can check properties on their website castlesweekly.com

Is that the chevron roundabout?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2008
orisebawo:

I thought he was thinking of buying the house cash down(N75M)

Houses in my area have definitely not doubled in the last 5-7 years, i know the Office of national Statistics says so but it is yet to happen in the open market, maybe if you buy at auctions

That does not make sense financially  If you have 75M cash to play with  divide that in 4  you will conveniently pay the 20% deposit for two properties and use the rest in investing in the stock market and buy one of these 'jekuredi' software houses   in Lagos in need of  liquidity injection and turn it around.

You are made for life mate!

I don't know the area you live in but on average in the last 5-7 years house prices have doubled in the UK. Even in Wales and Scotland and up North!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 7:30pm On Mar 05, 2008
Prices of houses in my area have not doubled in the last 5-7 years o.Maybe 50-60 percent at most.And there is lull at the moment with most interest rates now no more protected.

Anyone playing Pro Evolution Soccer on PS 3 Online?My name is movingname online.Lets meet,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2008
orisebawo:

Is that the chevron roundabout?

Cheveron is at the 4th roundabout. I am talking about 3rd RBT. ie Mobile . They have the femi okunu estate there. also you have osakpa london there, you can get houses at good rates there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2008
blueband:

Prices of houses in my area have not doubled in the last 5-7 years o.Maybe 50-60 percent at most.And there is lull at the moment with most interest rates now no more protected.

I said on average it does not mean all properties would have doubled in price during that time frame. The average cost of property in the UK is about  £181K does that mean that's the price for all houses in the UK? Not at all!

Put my post in the context in which it was made

That's because of the 'aggro' with the credit/subprime wahala. You used to be able to remortgage your property for about 85% of the market value of your house but now those kind of deals are few and far between.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ WindyWendy, my dear sister, thanks, ese o, dalu so, nagode tongue for that response regarding COSTAIN, I'll def be selling before PO certs are listed, I even forget say na N13 shocked I'll sell oh, that might be another reason price is going up to help with the slight free fall, at this rate by end of March price could be hovering around N70, I'm so selling grin Then buying back in April, maybe it'll drop down to N50 in preparation for the climb towards June for release of FY.
RoughtCut abeg claim your millions ooooo, come rain or shine, "edumacation" must be paid for! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2008
Pls see attached UBA Daily Stock Bid

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2008
goldenson:

Cheveron is at the 4th roundabout. I am talking about 3rd RBT. ie Mobile . They have the femi okunu estate there. also you have osakpa london there, you can get houses at good rates there.

I was round there a few weeks ago and before you know what's happening all the land there will be snapped up all sorts of developments going on there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2008
Father of 2

You are really missed on this forum o. In your absence sha I don make some cool cash on some stocks. But haba your contribution is highly needed on what stocks to enter next. What are your up to date comments on FCMB. That one I would not sell until you say so, even though I only have 2 naira profit since Dec. So abeg come back quickly o. Alos wetin Napoleon talk an true o. My broker just dey perform left right and centre. I tire o. Even if I don't have the money na so so buy buy good stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2008
Naijadr:

@ WindyWendy, my dear sister, thanks, ese o, dalu so, nagode tongue for that response regarding COSTAIN, I'll def be selling before PO certs are listed, I even forget say na N13 shocked I'll sell oh, that might be another reason price is going up to help with the slight free fall, at this rate by end of March price could be hovering around N70, I'm so selling grin Then buying back in April, maybe it'll drop down to N50 in preparation for the climb towards June for release of FY.
RoughtCut abeg claim your millions ooooo, come rain or shine, "edumacation" must be paid for! grin

You don dey put motor for reverse o FYE is March!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you can sell towards the end of March just by the time the shares are listed and hopefully the profit takers will help to push down the price a bit so we can enter again as FYE results are expected around May
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2008
RoughCut:

That does not make sense financially  If you have 75M cash to play with  divide that in 4  you will conveniently pay the 20% deposit for two properties and use the rest in investing in the stock market and buy one of these 'jekuredi' software houses   in Lagos in need of  liquidity injection and turn it around.

You are made for life mate!

I don't know the area you  live in but on average in the last 5-7 years house prices have doubled in the UK. Even in Wales and Scotland and up North!

Easy now, why you can dey yab "up North". No be the same north you dey pray make the stock prices of your portfolio dey go? grin Abeg make you leave north alone. The further up north you invest/reside, the higher your portfolio go dey rise. lol
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hello,

Does anyone have info on Bank PHB's last offer?

According to the prospectus, it will be listed on NSE today?

Any info?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2008
lumidii:

No be the same north you dey pray make the stock prices of your portfolio dey go? grin Abeg make you leave north alone. The further up north you invest/reside, the higher your portfolio go dey rise. lol

Haba i no fit yab una wey be northerners o! any attempt grin grin grin grin grin grin

I say BIG AMEN to that one my Bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.