Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,545 members, 7,840,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817268 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2008
mecatchcha:

@WindyWendy, @AkTopGun, @All,

Please, how do I get an Agbero Stock Broker. My broker be toddler, be like say him dey shy for floor.

WindyWendy. helpooooooooooooooooooo. Never make any damn profit this year. Na so so RED my spreadsheet dey show.

You just need to change your strategy. I don't have an agbero broker but I get by. Since you know the level of your broker, don't send mandates to buy stocks that are on net bid gaining 5% daily or to sell stocks that are on net offer losing 5% daily.

Try to buy or sell before the herd action starts otherwise you keep getting your stocks when there is a price reversal.

Otherwise, forget CICO and go medium term so you don't need to focus on stocks that just make 5% gains on a daily basis for long periods. These are hard to get once the action has started if you don't have an agbero broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2008
Pumping please reply

Oceanic or uba or first bank or any combination of the two. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2008
beginner:

Pumping please reply

For how long do you plan to hold the investment?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2008
Someone should send a letter to the dailies about CashCraft!

Thank God I was crafty enough not to allow my cash to be trapped by their WitchCashCraft
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2008
bigjay01:

This is no fresh news, it has been in the public domain for a while, check out wanaj0 spreadsheet. This result is for YE 31/03/07. Livestock feeds is making a turnaround, Q2 PAT is about N23m. Whilst this is not fanatastic, I think it is +ve signs, they might make N50m for YE 31/03/08. Compared with 8.23 for YE '07, this shows a significant turnaround.
My opinion though, usual caveats

Disclosure - Livestocks feeds is sitting pretty in the risky portion of my portfolio

If you look closely you will find that Livestock has been reporting exceptional items as profit so I don't see a +ve turn around yet.

They also proceeded to dilute the ownership by doing a PP after the rights issue!!! Forward PE is around 230!

---------
A total of 630,519,000 shares were added to the shares outstanding in the name of Livestock Feeds Plc on Thursday, November 22, 2007 following the Placing with three Investors.
--------

Sure you can keep this stock short term but anything more than that is more than risky. grin cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2008
loma:

Someone should send a letter to the dailies about CashCraft!

Thank God I was crafty enough not to allow my cash to be trapped by their WitchCashCraft

That one is second phase - i need at least about 50-100 entries on the link below

[url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118241.0.html#msg2032949[/center]][center]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118241.0.html#msg2032949[/center][/url]

For this one i mean business,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2008
Pumping

I intend to hold for one year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2008
beginner:

Pumping please reply

if you plan to hold one year - I will personally pick the 3. Honestly the 3 stocks are good for 1 year holding, but one cannot really say how they will perform. Whichever way I would definitely have Oceanic in there.

If historic trends should be used to judge I will not pick UBA. Returns in the last 1 year has not been anything to write home about.

If you are looking at current prices - I will pick Oceanic and UBA - because I think they have bottomed out and even if bears come to town there cant be serious depression any further.

For First Bank - if the bears come to town , between now and 07 FYE results it may experience a slight depression, that may be the time to pounce. However I can assure you that the market will react positively to its FYE, this is a normal trend. So if it dosent depress betwen now and end of march - you better get in for the FYE ride.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:26pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777:

If you look closely you will find that Livestock has been reporting exceptional items as profit so I don't see a +ve turn around yet.

They also proceeded to dilute the ownership by doing a PP after the rights issue!!! Forward PE is around 230!

---------
A total of 630,519,000 shares were added to the shares outstanding in the name of Livestock Feeds Plc on Thursday, November 22, 2007 following the Placing with three Investors.
--------

Sure you can keep this stock short term but anything more than that is more than risky. grin cheesy

wasnt it in the report for YE 31/03/03 that they reported exceptional items from the sale of some their assets?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2008
Napolean:

@

My first born came in 1971 so let your youth not lead you to give your elder a hand shake that will pass the elbow.

Elder Napoleon I throway homage o!Make i rise or remain for dobale position? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Myself and your first-born we dey the same age-range. Na wa o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2008
beginner:

Pumping please reply

beginner:

Pumping

I intend to hold for one year.

If I have to choose only 1, I will go for UBA. The possibility of bonus is much higher and the stock is really under-priced. The bonus potential is one reason for which I will pick UBA.

If I have to choose 2, I will go for UBA and FBN. The earnings potential of FBN is great and end of year goodies should be juicy. It many not include bonus but significant PAT with generous dividends should do the trick.

Ok, why did I not choose Oceanic? It's good value alright but you asked for only two. Personally I think you can also put this in the mix. The lower nominal price will be an advantage.

Caveat & Emptor joined together.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:30pm On Mar 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

if you plan to hold one year - I will personally pick the 3. Honestly the 3 stocks are good for 1 year holding, but one cannot really say how they will perform. Whichever way I would definitely have Oceanic in there.

If historic trends should be used to judge I will not pick UBA. Returns in the last 1 year has not be anything to write home about

All the more reason why a surge is imminent (contrarian investing). My 'folio is joined at the hip to UBA so I gats to be bullish.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:32pm On Mar 07, 2008
Elder Napoleon - somewhat true, in terms of dealing with some of the brokers with small client base.
But, at the same time - nothing stops cashcraft with a large client base not to be very effective. Look at the number of stockbrokers in the west with large client base - i am sure probably 1million times over cashcraft.
Moreover, compare with the likes of vetiva, afrinvest growing their client base everyday - some form of professionalism is needed - and cashcraft completely lacks that service.

BTW - confirmed, you be my Daddy be that o, as your first born landed in 71, i must have been your third born ;-)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2008
Napolean:

@

Abu Maryam

is APT securities meeting  your needs or treating you the way you would like? I do not think they are very serious, they cater for a lot of agege hausawa. How long have you been with them?

you need to use an efficient broker. Consider www.tiddosecuritiesltd.com  www.finmalfinance.net or www.newdevco.com

Finmal are good, they are quiet but discering wealthy arewa use them. Check out the board. Kin gane ko?

I dot believe in all those large brokers that have thousands of clients and a fancy website. The more you look the less you see. Any firm that has thousands of clients and fifty staff or less should worry you. How efficient can they really be. You need to be able to be talking to the MD and the actual trader and if necessay text/call him during trading. I do not believe in all this account officer waste of time, that does not trade or understand your objectives.

Does anybody know if these guys are serious http://www.piconigeria.com there is something quietly happening but I have no previous information on the company until two weeks ago and I do not know any of their board members so I personally am not interested. I suspect they are small time contractors.

MBC bank was absorbed by First bank. Their stockbrokers which was an affiliation is doing a quiet placement, however listing may not be a soon as you would expect. www.mbcsec.com their Chairman is a sound guy.

I will not bother mentioning what I feel may be out of reach to newer investors, over N100m to enter or very restricted.

@ Blueband we come from a culture of respect. My first born came in 1971 so let your youth not lead you to give your elder a hand shake that will pass the elbow.

Did any Londonites go to the waste of time at the institute of directors yesterday? The MD of Interswitch said his company had been inundated with calls from a forum demamnding pp. That will not make them release documents faster, as you know most comps raise funds ast different levels of placement. Tomorrow 3pm at trader vicks there will be a small late lunch discussing some telecom companies that are planning more quiet goodies this year, two MD will be there.

Will log in tuesday. Where is Wanaj0 I did not see him online today

Oga Napoleaon, the bolded one still has 4th December 2007 as their "Today on the floor of the exchange"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2008
So you guys are bullish on UBA- ok no shaking I always respect my elders.

My portfolio is not joined at the hip to UBA, but I get hand for UBA and FBN and na cheap price I get them and no selling. Retirement planning.

@beginner , I forgot about the increase in authorised capitak for UBA dnes early this year so Pumping is right about the possibility of a bonus.

Really I don talk am say from 2nd Quarter upwards will be the Banks time to shine and anyone with a long term horizon better get in on the fundamentally sound ones as soon as they finish bullish CICO so they are not left out of the party.

Aktopgun -- wetin dey do Diamond what does the candle say ooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2008
Napolean:

@

Abu Maryam

is APT securities meeting  your needs or treating you the way you would like? I do not think they are very serious, they cater for a lot of agege hausawa. How long have you been with them?

you need to use an efficient broker. Consider www.tiddosecuritiesltd.com  www.finmalfinance.net or www.newdevco.com

Finmal are good, they are quiet but discering wealthy arewa use them. Check out the board. Kin gane ko?

I dot believe in all those large brokers that have thousands of clients and a fancy website. The more you look the less you see. Any firm that has thousands of clients and fifty staff or less should worry you. How efficient can they really be. You need to be able to be talking to the MD and the actual trader and if necessay text/call him during trading. I do not believe in all this account officer waste of time, that does not trade or understand your objectives.

Does anybody know if these guys are serious http://www.piconigeria.com there is something quietly happening but I have no previous information on the company until two weeks ago and I do not know any of their board members so I personally am not interested. I suspect they are small time contractors.

MBC bank was absorbed by First bank. Their stockbrokers which was an affiliation is doing a quiet placement, however listing may not be a soon as you would expect. www.mbcsec.com their Chairman is a sound guy.

I will not bother mentioning what I feel may be out of reach to newer investors, over N100m to enter or very restricted.

@ Blueband we come from a culture of respect. My first born came in 1971 so let your youth not lead you to give your elder a hand shake that will pass the elbow.

Did any Londonites go to the waste of time at the institute of directors yesterday? The MD of Interswitch said his company had been inundated with calls from a forum demamnding pp. That will not make them release documents faster, as you know most comps raise funds ast different levels of placement. Tomorrow 3pm at trader vicks there will be a small late lunch discussing some telecom companies that are planning more quiet goodies this year, two MD will be there.

Elder Napolean,

Please,Is the late lunch discussion at trader vicks tomorrow open to the public or strictly by invitation.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2008
Elder Napolean,

Please,Is the late lunch discussion at trader vicks tomorrow open to the public or strictly by invitation.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2008
bigjay01:

wasnt it in the report for YE 31/03/03 that they reported exceptional items from the sale of some their assets?

You correct about that but a PAT of N26M for Q-2 does not cut it yet. Let's wait for FY 2007. Exceptional items may not be reported till that time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

Aktopgun -- wetin dey do Diamond what does the candle say ooo

no mind that Diamond, e  don de behave like "iron"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2008
Napolean:

www.finmalfinance.net

I don check their website and the board and management. As i dey see them so dey no look say dey go   fit 'hustle' and do 'agbero'. They look very gentle and very kool. I think they are more suited to peeps wey go just buy millions of shares and just leave the thing with them jeje.

I no sure say they get time for CICO/RO-RO stocks grin grin grin grin grin grin

If i get the millions i need to 'attack' the PP's wey dey come this year i fit look their side. For now na the 'agbero' and 'CICO' queue i dey. no paddy for jungle na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2008
upward:

Oga Napoleaon, the bolded one still has 4th December 2007 as their "Today on the floor of the exchange"

@Upward from that post you should have seen that Daddy Napolean is a baby boomer and not the jet age.

What concerns him with updating website - at his level na to dey call the MD of the brokerage house to give his orders and them go dey answer yes sir.

@Daddy napolean,
Na im be say, If I see you face to face na to dey kneel down to greet na!!! shocked shocked since I myself fit qualify to be your third born.

This internet sha - e don remove respect patapata, but I still remember my manners.

My knees are on the floor ooo .

Once again, thanks for deciding to share with us small children out of your apparent busy schedule. Not everyone is that open to share with the generation below.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2008
bigjay01:

no mind that Diamond, e don de behave like "iron"

I don give warning say GDR conversion go worry the stock for now. Many of us that bought via GDR in December for N16.50 already have CSCS credited. People go sell na.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2008
Pumping

Thank you so much
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2008
Napolean:

@

Abu Maryam

elder Napoleon. as usual, full of insights.

could u expantiate more on the brokers u identified as possible candidates for nairalanders to look at? ie what is their opening balance for example and how long they take to execute orders.

would u classify them as ajebo brokers or are they of the agbero ilk?

@yodi

if u can girl get more of UBA and FBN. oceanic can't hold a candle to them. it would come in a distant 3rd or 4th or even 5th on my list personally.

disclosure: i own all 3 shares
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

@Daddy napolean,
Na im be say, If I see you face to face na to dey kneel down to greet na!!! shocked shocked since I myself fit qualify to be your third born.

This internet sha - e don remove respect patapata, but I still remember my manners.

Once again, thanks for deciding to share with us small children out of your apparent busy schedule. Not everyone is that open to share with the generation below.

My sister you don talk the 'koko'

Infact some other people wey dey Daddy Napoleon  as i qualify to be your first-born na position go dey think say them do us favour by sharing with us on an internet blog

We appreciate your elderly input on this forum Daddy Napoleoni just dey rise from my idobale position grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

@Upward from that post you should have seen that Daddy Napolean is a baby boomer and not the jet age.

What concerns him with updating website - at his level na to dey call the MD of the brokerage house to give his orders and them go dey answer yes sir.

@Daddy napolean,

u no dey lie at all. its good to see isnt it.

elder napoleon, if i turn out like u have, i wouldnt have done badly at all money and investing wise that is  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

So you guys are bullish on UBA- ok no shaking I always respect my elders.

I get hand for UBA and FBN and na cheap price I get them and no selling. Retirement planning.

I feel you on this one my sis all the premier league banks dey my long-term portfolio and some of them don dey inside since '04 NO SELLING. RETIREMENT PLANNING and HARVARD school fees for PIKIN when time don reach. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank God i no go ever reach stage wey i go dey carry school fees go do CICO. God forbid bad thing chei! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2008
@Pumping,

Thanks for your input. My brother be say I get some money for my masters wey I wan complete through CICO before September. That's why I can't do long term, na september be my bus stop. How do I know when best to enter stocks for CICO (Maybe 20% - 25%) even if for three weeks periods.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2008
Daddy Napolean,

I no qualify to be your 2nd born sef. By the time wey you get your first pikin I no sur say my mama don meet my papa. This web/internet sef. Anyway I throw way my own greeting and maximum respect. Just the thought that you could be older than my Dad makes me shudder and my Papa don work retire since.

BTW
Latest information on The AlphaBets Company (for those that were in on the discussion last week) I had earlier said that the board would sit this week that we are in and the last gist emanating from there is that there will be a bonus issue this year. Secondly Fidelity Bank is set on increasing their stake and have since started doing that so expect to see increasing volumes on a daily basis. Lastly the PO issue was still left undecided till the next meeting before the AGM but it is more likely that it will happen.

As with all quotes these days here I have to empty the cavity.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2008
grabdaloot:

Daddy Napolean,

I no qualify to be your 2nd born sef. By the time wey you get your first pikin I no sur say my mama don meet my papa. This web/internet sef. Anyway I throw way my own greeting and maximum respect. Just the thought that you could be older than my Dad makes me shudder and my Papa don work retire since.

BTW
Latest information on The AlphaBets Company (for those that were in on the discussion last week) I had earlier said that the board would sit this week that we are in and the last gist emanating from there is that there will be a bonus issue this year. Secondly Fidelity Bank is set on increasing their stake and have since started doing that so expect to see increasing volumes on a daily basis. Lastly the PO issue was still left undecided till the next meeting before the AGM but it is more likely that it will happen

As with all quotes these days here I have to empty the cavity.

are u referring to ABC by any chance?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2008
aktopgun:

are u referring to ABC by any chance?

Fidelity and ABC Transport are conjoined abi no be so  una dey talk am in medical parlance? grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.