Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,828 members, 7,837,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816981 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 10:22am On Mar 14, 2008
my new broker said dangote sugar is going to give a 1 for 5 bonus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aftadocean: 10:23am On Mar 14, 2008
@Roughcut,

There was no particular reason for selling zenith, the only reason, which you might want to consider if you are keeping it for the longterm is the fact that it looks like a "one man business thing" Infact bearing this factor in mind, I am considering moving out of anything Dangote in the medium term. However, I am still keeping my bonus and rights.
Ikeja Hotels - I will take your advice on this.

@Aktopgun
Insurance, abeg i fear that sector no be small!

@Wanajo,
thanks , I was thinking in the same light too except for union bank sha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 10:36am On Mar 14, 2008
aftadocean:

@Roughcut,

There was no particular reason for selling zenith, the only reason, which you might want to consider if you are keeping it for the longterm is the fact that it looks like a "one man business thing" Ikeja Hotels - I will take your advice on this.

Hmnnnnn  i have heard this argument a lot of times  but if it aint broken don't fix it. Zenith is delivering and will continue to deliver so will see what happens when Uncle Jim retires. Talking of one man riot squad business the same argument will extend to Oceanic bank. Pa Olorogun Michael the Patriach of the illustrious Ibru dynasty founded Oceanic i think and if i'm correct he's retired but the wife is the Chairman/CEO right?

FCMB comes to mind as well it was founded by Otunba Subomi but the son is now the MD/CEO although you don't have it and i don't either but it looks like its business as usual.

The way i see it is this: these business supremos know that somehow they will not be around forever so they must have thought of grooming a successor so that when they finally leave the stage there's someone who is more than capable of assuming the mantle of leadership.

It happens all the time and if they have been priviledged and smart enough to create these business empires i'm sure they should be smart enough to think of CONTINUITY for when the inevitable happens.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:44am On Mar 14, 2008
aftadocean:

@Roughcut,

There was no particular reason for selling zenith, the only reason, which you might want to consider if you are keeping it for the longterm is the fact that it looks like a "one man business thing" Infact bearing this factor in mind, I am considering moving out of anything Dangote in the medium term. However, I am still keeping my bonus and rights.
Ikeja Hotels - I will take your advice on this.

@Aktopgun
Insurance,  abeg i fear that sector no be small
!

@Wanajo,
thanks , I was thinking in the same light too except for union bank sha

i do as well, which is why i have hedged my exposure to them by having only core holdings in 2 - crusader and Mbenefit.

i tkae wanajo and roughcut's points on fidelity and union but if u are in them for the long term they can at least do u no harm. i cant comment on breweries cuz i dont invest in them for personal reasons.
Ecobank and sterling merger is on rocky footing and u mat consider having both as too sweet a cake. if u pushed me on it i would say sell the sterling and leave the ecobank.

Nestle, hmmmm, at what price. look at this chart to help decide

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 11:02am On Mar 14, 2008
Hello All,

Can someone speak on R T Briscoe. Oga Wanajo, how do you see the business model of RT Briscoe? This company looks sound the way I see it, what do you think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:04am On Mar 14, 2008
300M shares of First bank dealt on the NSE already wa o!. I think this is the much feared selling pressure by the profit takers so i think FBN may shed some more weight. I will be spending this weekend fine-tuning my shopping list.  

Phew! These guys are not joking o!

Dangote Flour dropped by N2 already so profit takers are in full-force. The charts should be very intersting this afternoon
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 11:09am On Mar 14, 2008
@Philantropist, Humanitarian AKT (make you no come begin hala), grin

Thank you so much for the requests you keep finding time to respond to on this thread. Mortals cannot reward you enough. Thanks. If you miss this thread for 12hrs, you know what it means to go through all the pages - maybe 6!

My heart still jumps on that BigThreat. I just hope it will not bleed to coma by next week sha. I am holding my heart and have become conscious of how many cycles my heart does in a minute embarassed

God dey and na only Him pass them. Ose jare Toptornedogun wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ops(m): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ops(m): 11:18am On Mar 14, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:21am On Mar 14, 2008
ops:

@ll,sorry for the diversion but anyone interested in foodconcepts pp can send me an email on opekoya(at )yahoo.co.uk.Have a million naira worth (250,000 units) at 4.60k i was supposed to buy but my check wont clear till monday and it closes today.
This isnt 419,it was supposed to be it but for the problem with my check.you deal direct with the bank(bank draft only) and once again,IT CLOSES TODAY.

I believe that you are not 419 but the person selling to you is  a crook. Official price is 3.90. 70k premium goes to who? The major risk there is that there is no underwriting firm which implies that your money (3.90) can still be refunded due to oversubscription and you will not be able to get the 0.70/share back. Someone offered same to me at 4.40 but I opted out because it is not guaranteed. it is First Capital that is doing this nonsense.

Check teh prospectus, allotment will be done by the directors of Food concepts and not the issuing houses!!! So except you are submiting through the directors of Food Concept, beware!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:23am On Mar 14, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Hello All,

Can someone speak on R T Briscoe. Oga Wanajo, how do you see the business model of RT Briscoe? This company looks sound the way I see it, what do you think?

good business model. Good earnings growth so a company to watch!!! Don't have any because my list is becoming rather too large for my likening!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 11:24am On Mar 14, 2008
Kashif:

@Philantropist, Humanitarian AKT (make you no come begin hala), grin

Thank you so much for the requests you keep finding time to respond to on this thread. Mortals cannot reward you enough. Thanks. If you miss this thread for 12hrs, you know what it means to go through all the pages - maybe 6!

My heart still jumps on that BigThreat. I just hope it will not bleed to coma by next week sha. I am holding my heart and have become conscious of how many cycles my heart does in a minute embarassed

God dey and na only Him pass them. Ose jare Toptornedogun wink

u r quite lucky, na only ur heart u r holding on to and it's keeping you going. I dey hold on to my heart, knees, stomach, every every and still can't stand straight. I pray all these bleeding stops.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:26am On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

i do as well, which is why i have hedged my exposure to them by having only core holdings in 2 - crusader and Mbenefit.

i tkae wanajo and roughcut's points on fidelity and union but if u are in them for the long term they can at least do u no harm. i can't comment on breweries because i don't invest in them for personal reasons.
Ecobank and sterling merger is on rocky footing and u mat consider having both as too sweet a cake. if u pushed me on it i would say sell the sterling and leave the ecobank.

Nestle, hmmmm, at what price. look at this chart to help decide

The harm is that OVER diversification reduces your profit!!!! Nothing Union Bank will give that First Bank will not better. With UBA, Zenith, First Bank and GTB you are well covered as far as the banking sector is concerned.

As per teh Barclays Bank ruour, Soludo has made it clear no foreign bank can take over any of the BIg banks (almost all are BIG banks now). So UBN should look for Access to take them over. No way Soludo will allow any Foreign investor to collect 30% of Union Bank!!!! Impossible!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:28am On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

Don't have any because my list is becoming rather too large for my likening!

You  fit dump some of that extra luggage in my cargo hold grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think my portfolio is lean and mean both long-term and CICO combined cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2008
@ All,

Na wa for Naija OOOO.

Just finished a meeting with a rep of a company (portfolio and fund managers).  I ask them what they do and was told they BUY opportunities. Being hearing abou such but to do I confirmed it.

While everyone was buying Dangote Flour PO, those guys paid 20.00 for the offer and were allotted in FULL. Don't ask me how!!!!!!! That's the opportunity they buy!!!! They charge you 2% of the returns on your portfolio.

Saw the Universal Insurance that they bought at 1.85!!! So basically they buy 'juicy' offers at a premium and are able to maximise opportunities. This is a serious imperfection in the market!!!!!!!

Well, will go and register with them (or get someone to register) so that I can see the opportunities since it will be listed on my statement and I can now BUY those opportunities myself.

Maybe all these HYIP schemes were into this kind of things also.

If you can get IAA, abeg go get am OOOO. Once it is listed, na Maiduguri that one dey go even though the fundamentals na nothing!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:35am On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

@ All,

Na wa for Naija OOOO.

Just finished a meeting with a rep of a company (portfolio and fund managers).  I ask them what they do and was told they BUY opportunities. Being hearing abou such but to do I confirmed it.

You fit tell us how we go get contact with this company and are they looking for more clients? At least  i fit send my business partner make him go meet with them

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

@ All,

Na wa for Naija OOOO.

Just finished a meeting with a rep of a company (portfolio and fund managers).  I ask them what they do and was told they BUY opportunities. Being hearing abou such but to do I confirmed it.

Well, will go and register with them (or get someone to register) so that I can see the opportunities since it will be listed on my statement and I can now BUY those opportunities myself.

Are they able to buy into these PP's that we keep hearing about?. If that is the case i think i will need to take a flight  down to 'discuss' with them. First we need a secured connection to them. Abi no be so fellow n'landers?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2008
RoughCut:

Are they able to buy into these PP's that we keep hearing about?. If that is the case i think i will need to take a flight down to 'discuss' with them. First we need a secured connection to them. Abi no be so fellow n'landers?

you couldnt have said it better,you talk well my brother.
this kin opportunity na to grabam with full force.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 11:55am On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

@ All,

Na wa for Naija OOOO.

Just finished a meeting with a rep of a company (portfolio and fund managers). I ask them what they do and was told they BUY opportunities. Being hearing abou such but to do I confirmed it.

While everyone was buying Dangote Flour PO, those guys paid 20.00 for the offer and were allotted in FULL. Don't ask me how!!!!!!! That's the opportunity they buy!!!! They charge you 2% of the returns on your portfolio.

Saw the Universal Insurance that they bought at 1.85!!! So basically they buy 'juicy' offers at a premium and are able to maximise opportunities. This is a serious imperfection in the market!!!!!!!

If you can get IAA, abeg go get am OOOO. Once it is listed, na Maiduguri that one dey go even though the fundamentals na nothing!!!

oga wanaj0,
i pray thee to remember us in thy paradise,abeg which coy is that?
when is the closing date for IAA offer? na till month end man- pickin go get money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
Wanaj0,

Please when will the IAA close and please let us in on the opportunity after you have got yours grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ops(m): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
smiley@wanajo
Thanks for the headsup.The person selling to me is a friend (know it sounds strange).have known her for ten years and I would trust her with my last naira.
she got a lil greedy cos some1 offered her N5 for the same deal and she still believes she was doing me a favor!
anyway,thanks for the vote of confidence.I guess i could talk her into 4.30 since at this point she has little or no option!
If you are interested,(I got Chams through her at no premium) let me know and yes she told me about the 3.9  detail.it slipped my mind (semms i like rounding up!)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apam: 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2008
@wanjo

I tire for this foodconcept PP. You mean people are already spinning the price from N3.90 to N4.40 (Is that legal?).
This PP has already been over subscribed and as you rightly said allotment will be done through the directors, wont be surprised if alot of money is returned.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allwell(m): 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2008
Hey Folks
I'll like to know, Has Zenith been alloted?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BHG: 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

@ All,

Na wa for Naija OOOO.

shocked shocked hmm!! definately eye popping provided you check them out thoroughly.I tell you i've heard different stories along this line.if we can even cast our mind back to a few pages ago,Elder Napoleon gave us an insight to how to get your full allotment from some of this POs.

A few of the HYIP schemes were also in to it,but as you know in Nigeria of today expect the unexpected anytime.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2008
Dunlop opened higher today. GOOD

@wanajo

bros, thank u for the heads up o. how can we get in on the game?

but na wa for this S.E.C sha. smaller individual investors are been left to the mercy of these imperfections u know.

to get in on these kind of thing and play effectively, partnerships areneeded, what say u guys, anyone ready to partner should the need arise?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

Ikeja hotels has done 48M in volumes today so i expect another Bullish Marubozu on the charts today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

A beg, if I may ask how you dey know this live trading as you dey overseas.? Abi NSE don get streamer? cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2008
elemu:

A beg, if I may ask how you dey know this live trading as you dey overseas.?  Abi NSE don get streamer? cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy, i wish they did.!!

its from the website
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

ehem, faketan,

why na only so-so 2kobo u dey always contribute ehn  cheesy cheesy. with all the millions u don make for NSE. abi u dey stash all for a rainy day? cheesy cheesy

Oya please from now on try contribute at least N1 per post. grin grin grin

I am only pulling your legs mate. On RSI, u are right.
it may not be able to tell u when the stock may have bottomed out accurately though because it can be in th eoversold region (ie below the 30-line) for 1 day or 1 year. IF u are buying a stock for CICO and base your decision on buying on a below 30 RSI, it would be disastrous if it now remained below the 30 line for 4 months or something because it could be dropping frther and still remain below the 30 line.

i hope u catch my drift. i like to see upward movement on the price charts after downturns (i use the candles to make judgements on this but i know not everyone likes candles)
just my N1.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes Oh AKT. I de catch fast fast my brother and you are very right. meanwhile I will begin to contribute N1. You know others be de contribute cents when them de loot naira.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2008
ABCtrans-Is the party over?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2008
blueband:

ABCtrans-Is the party over?
No Bus driver stop for Benin, make passengers Pis smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2008
people are insistant on pulling dunlop down sha, see fight again today. na who go win, bull or bear, very interesting. it is still the bulls for now but only just. unless something happens soon the candle will be red today.

o ye bulls where art thou!!!!!!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.