Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

My Tv Decoder Showing No Signal, Any Help - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Tv Decoder Showing No Signal, Any Help (2859 Views)

Who Can Help Me Fix My Tv, Broken Screen / Need Help In Repairing My Tv... / How Can I Watch My TV On My Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tv Decoder Showing No Signal, Any Help by ify84(m): 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
My decoder was not powering on... So I went to fix it....d guy changed somethings on d power panel and it On.... But now, its On but showing no signal. I have connected d antenna cable, no show.
Can fixing d power section affect receiver,?
And can thunder affect d dish outside? because the thunder was too much.
Re: My Tv Decoder Showing No Signal, Any Help by twinskenny(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
ify84:
My decoder was not powering on... So I went to fix it....d guy changed somethings on d power panel and it On.... But now, its On but showing no signal. I have connected d antenna cable, no show.
Can fixing d power section affect receiver,?
And can thunder affect d dish outside? because the thunder was too much.

the fix shouldnt affect the signal ic.. apparently the lnb on the dish is toast!!! or the dish has shifted a bit.
Re: My Tv Decoder Showing No Signal, Any Help by ify84(m): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
twinskenny:

the fix shouldnt affect the signal ic.. apparently the lnb on the dish is toast!!! or the dish has shifted a bit.

" the lnb on the dish is toast!!" meaning?.

ok, good to know that the fix won't affect d signal.... so, no need to go back to the repairer.... na to look for expert or can I use the remote to search channels
Re: My Tv Decoder Showing No Signal, Any Help by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
Most likely a faulty decoder and lnb.If I was asked to diagnose, I ll first check for voltage from the decoder to lnb port, if it's present then its most likely a faulty lnb.
Re: My Tv Decoder Showing No Signal, Any Help by twinskenny(m): 5:25am On Jun 10, 2016
ify84:

" the lnb on the dish is toast!!" meaning?.

ok, good to know that the fix won't affect d signal.... so, no need to go back to the repairer.... na to look for expert or can I use the remote to search channels
look for an installer to check the signal for you

(1) (Reply)

New Batch Iphone X 64gb Mint... 10-10-2019 / 10 Plus One Funny African Inventions / HP LAPTOP 650 - Appswheel Store Featured Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.