Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? (8493 Views)

A Low Budget Home Recording External Soundcard Needed / Any Cheap Recording Studio In Lagos? / Updateboyx is an idiot paid by Tinubu and Atiku to attack Obi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by pjamas(m): 8:31am On Jun 10, 2016
I've been doing music for a while now and recording a song has been a major problem due to the distance of the studio i make use of to my residence. I spend not less than 1000Naira to and fro everyday on transport which i think is affecting me. I consulted some engineers for the price of setting up a Home Recording Studio and the answers am getting from them is too much so i decided to Bring it here if any one can be of help.
HOW MUCH CAN SET UP A CHEAP HOME RECORDING STUDIO AND THE BASIC EQUIPMENTS I NEED TO SET IT UP. THANK YOU!
Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by Anubiri(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
chat me up on watzapp...jst wana help...07031062129
Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 12, 2016
everytin u needed for a basic setup can be gotten from olx nigeria. reputable vendors like ok musicals, eugene productions are selling via olx. 1/-Midi keyboard=15k & abv> not jst an ordinary keyborad cuz ds 1 doesnt produce sounds on it own but only triggers virtual keyboards or vst synth/ etc via ur daw. 2/-two uk used monitor spkers=30k. 3/-laptop anyone wl do. jst dont try to run ur daw/plugins in dia 64bit arkitecture unless u ar upgradin ur laptop ram to 8gb at least run everytin 32bit instead. 4/-Condenser mic & stand & pop filter= 25k and abv+7k+3k. 5/-knowledge of ur daw/plugins. dependin on d kind of sound u are after. listen to d sound comin frm producers;chocolate city/jesse jagz/pheelz/ayzed/mr chidoo/ty mix is different compare to d sound of selebobo/fliptyce/j stunt/dj breezy gh/vtek/mista garzy gh/brainybeatz gh/young d/dj coublon even when dey garnish dia beatz with live instrument like lead/bass guitar/drums. dz two grp uses diff daw. grp1=logic pro 9/x, grp2=fl studio with cubase. ur choice
Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 12, 2016
other producers that combine fl studio with logic pro 9/x>young john/id cabasa/jfem beats/j sleeky while masterkraft/ekelly uses abelton mixed with other daw. 5/-soundcard or usb audio interface> =55k and abv. like focusrite 2 in 4/m audio track ii plus/others. 6/-good production and engineering head>we are surrounded and bombarded daily with free production n mixing tutorials on youtube or better still u can contract ur mix to suka sound/zeno foster/sheyman/mai quai mix/mix monster/indo mix - 6/. develop ur sound and upgrade in the future. these are d 5 basic things needed so i added one.
Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by pjamas(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2016
gsmlogic42:
other producers that combine fl studio with logic pro 9/x>young john/id cabasa/jfem beats/j sleeky while masterkraft/ekelly uses abelton mixed with other daw. 5/-soundcard or usb audio interface> =55k and abv. like focusrite 2 in 4/m audio track ii plus/others. 6/-good production and engineering head>we are surrounded and bombarded daily with free production n mixing tutorials on youtube or better still u can contract ur mix to suka sound/zeno foster/sheyman/mai quai mix/mix monster/indo mix - 6/. develop ur sound and upgrade in the future. these are d 5 basic things needed so i added one.
Thank you so much for this.
Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by McDarela(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2016
[i][/i]the first thing about home studio is the system u are about to us u can go for Pentium 4 of any choice monitor screen, sound card u can go for Sound Blaster, Sure Mic, and a tape for a start. Join me on whatsapp with 07036368747 and not a sell but just to help.[b]the first thing about home studio is the system u are about to us u can go for Pentium 4 of any choice monitor screen, sound card u can go for Sound Blaster, Sure Mic, and a tape for a start. Join me on whatsapp with 07036368747 and not a sell but just to help.[/b]the first thing about home studio is the system u are about to us u can go for Pentium 4 of any choice monitor screen, sound card u can go for Sound Blaster, Sure Mic, and a tape for a start. Join me on whatsapp with 07036368747 and not a sell but just to help.
Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
#‎Sweet‬ Music Recording Studios#

At Sweet Music Recording Studios, we offer Quality and best Service in the industry, with modern equipment to deliver.
Contact us for the following services.

*Music * Picture *Video
*Media Consultancy *Events...

15, Awoyokun Street,
Palmgroove/Onipan
Lagos-Nigeria

Sweetvine Oladipupo
@iamsweetvine
Sweetmusicstudios@gmail.com
Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by triggerhqppy: 6:13am On Dec 10, 2016
Since its a home studio,I'll be guessing you need something mini,here's the cheapest yet reliable of everything you need
You could try to get these -Soundcard- [url] http:///2gn5d66[/url]
-Microphone- http:///2h86z3S
-USBMicrophone(you won't need a sound card)- [url]http:///2h8cx4E[url/]
-Headphones- http:///2hgPAKE
After recording you could always send your data file to a proper studio for professional mixing and mastering,all in all though this should get you through if you want to try your hands at mxing them yourself
y'all could check my soundcloud page to listen to my music i'll put an EP out soon
[url]soundcloud.com/ch-u-ch[/url] lol i gats promote me too
Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by erniebeck: 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
MUSIC STUDIO SETUP

Before you start buying equipment for your studio be it home studio or not. You have to consider various factors.

Firstly, is the location of your setup- You wouldn't want to battle with noise from the outside especially found in busy environment, cos this will affect your takes during vocal recording.

Secondly, your budget- some clients want to setup on a tight budget. They feel yeah, I can make do with this and that isn't necessary but shortly after that, they need to upgrade invariably spending much more.

Thirdly, your target customers- studios are setup with a customer niche in mind. So you don't expect an A list artist in your studio when your setup isn't up to standard. All the same, we all have to start somewhere
but starting well is key.

My advice don't go for fairly used, crappy equipment that you might end up discarding rather go for something average in pristine condition that will serve over a long haul.

I am Ernest Mensah, technical director at Audio_techniks. We are in the business of building music studios which involves acoustic insulation/acoustic treatment, equipment installation and configuration, artist promotions.
08135604676 whatsapp 09085297035

1 Like

Re: How Much To Set Up A Small Home Recording Studio? by bazestop(m): 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
Bazestop is offering a one time promo to get one of your song, video and mixtape promoted on our site for free!!!. Send your song, video or mixtape with artwork and biography to bazestop@gmail.com. Promo ends by 21st of March 2017

@bazestop.com

(1) (Reply)

Mayorkun - "Posh" (Video) / DOWNLOAD MP3: Travis Scott - Franchise [new Song] / Dagrin First And Third Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.