Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected (5907 Views)

Catholic Priest Infected With Ebola In Congo As Bishops Pray For Him Afar. / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? / Gloria Ogbuka Ada Is HIV Negative - RSHMB (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2016
What is PrEP?

PrEP means Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis, and it’s the use of anti-HIV medication that keeps HIV negative people from becoming infected. PrEP is approved by the FDA and has been shown to be safe and effective. A single pill taken once daily, it is highly effective against HIV when taken every day. The medication interferes with HIV’s ability to copy itself in your body after you’ve been exposed. This prevents it from establishing an infection and making you sick.

http://www.whatisprep.org/
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by yungbillionaire(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2016
Mehn d devil just keeps bringing up ways through d medical sector to make immorality sound safe and good....from condoms to PrEP.. May God help us in dis perilous times...

Jesus the Christ Loves you all... Shalom
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 10, 2016
yungbillionaire:
Mehn d devil just keeps bringing up ways through d medical sector to make immorality sound safe and good....from condoms to PrEP.. May God help us in dis perilous times...

Jesus the Christ Loves you all... Shalom
LMAO
HIV should be dealt with SCIENTIFICALLY , not throwing bible verses at retro-viruses grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by nke001: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2016
Another avenue to propagate HIV loading.

1 Like

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by yungbillionaire(m): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

LMAO
HIV should be dealt with SCIENTIFICALLY , not throwing bible verses at retro-viruses grin grin grin grin

I totally agree with u dat HIV shud be brought to a stand still but d bitter truth is dat such drugs wud only encourage more sexual escapades as most people wud feel safe and secure from ur not so "Retro-Virus" and be seen as given license to commit what ever form of fornication as dey so pls... I only stand to see d futuristic negative effects dis might have, tho I appreciate such fete from d medical sector...welcome development
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2016
yungbillionaire:

I totally agree with u dat HIV shud be brought to a stand still but d bitter truth is dat such drugs wud only encourage more sexual escapades as most people wud feel safe and secure from ur not so "Retro-Virus" and be seen as given license to commit what ever form of fornication as dey so pls... I only stand to see d futuristic negative effects dis might have, tho I appreciate such fete from d medical sector...welcome development
God has better things to worry about than to send retro-viruses to attack so-called fornicators. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Invariably u are talking about immunization?
(going by ur topic)

But from the body of ur write up, there is nothing new.

Prophylasis treatment for people that have been expossed to the virus e.g health workers and Rape victims have been in existence.
Nothing new
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:
I just hope medically inclined people could further investigate the matter.
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

I just hope medically inclined people could further investigate the matter.

There is nothing new.
Just go back to my comment, i just modified it
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:
(going by ur topic)

But from the body of ur write up, there is nothing new.

Prophylasis treatment for people that have been expossed to the view e.g health workers and Rape victims has been in existence.
Nothing new
^^
Is this "Prophylaxis treatment" available in Nigeria and other African countries?

1 Like

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by theEYe21(f): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2016
Once an HIV positive person takes his/her drug constantly for 4 months, the virus will be hard to detect in the blood cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

^^
Is this "Prophylaxis treatment" available in Nigeria and other African countries?

Yes for sure.
A tab of Nevirapine taken daily for 30days will do the magic. Visit any HIV Clinic or teaching hospital, u will get more knowledge
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:

Yes for sure.
A tab of Nevirapine taken daily for 30days will do the magic. Visit any HIV Clinic or teaching hospital, u will get more knowledge
So Nevirapine treats people already infected with HIV.

PREP, on the other hand, PREVENTS non-infected people from getting infected with HIV.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

So Nevirapine treats people already infected with HIV.

PREP, on the other hand, PREVENTS non-infected people from getting infected with HIV.

Nevirapine as a monotherapy is use for Prophylaxis treatment for people expossed to the HIV.
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:

Nevirapine as a monotherapy is use for Prophylaxis treatment for people expossed to the HIV.

OKKKKK
Is anyone working on herbal medicine for HIV?
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 10, 2016
With PEP, an HIV-negative person who may have been exposed to HIV takes anti-HIV drugs prescribed by a doctor to prevent infection. These are the same drugs that people living with HIV take. PEP involves taking two or three of these drugs for a period of one month. To effectively reduce a person’s risk of becoming HIV-positive, PEP must be taken within 72 hours of possible exposure to HIV but ideally as early as possible.

1 Like

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Firstlieutenant(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:
With PEP, an HIV-negative person who may have been exposed to HIV takes anti-HIV drugs prescribed by a doctor to prevent infection. These are the same drugs that people living with HIV take. PEP involves taking two or three of these drugs for a period of one month. To effectively reduce a person’s risk of becoming HIV-positive, PEP must be taken within 72 hours of possible exposure to HIV but ideally as early as possible.

Are u a medical doctor?
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:
Ok.
Any side effects?

1 Like

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

Ok.
Any side effects?

Every drug has side effects.

To my best of knowledge the person will feel nausea..... pilling of spit in the mouth
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Are u a medical doctor?

Firstlieutenant, if i tell u, u will use it against me
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:

Every drug has side effects.

To my best of knowledge the person will feel nausea..... pilling of spit in the mouth
What do you make of this ==>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_JL3QeoQo
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

What do you make of this ==>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_JL3QeoQo

Am not in the position to comment on that.
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Firstlieutenant(m): 10:31am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:

Firstlieutenant, if i tell u, u will use it against me

You're educated and u are abreast in the medicals. Why would I use a gift like that against you?
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:

Am not in the position to comment on that.
Ok.
Do you think African countries need to look inwards on this issue ?

1 Like

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

You're educated and u are abreast in the medicals. Why would I use a gift like that against you?

I have known u more than u know yourself
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

Ok.
Do you think African countries need to look inwards on this issue ?

Yes of course.
But the issue is political will to back it up.
Just for instance, GEJ govt started a programme like that, do u think PMB govt will want to continue?
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

U know i can also be controversial in politics and Romance section...... I Don't want u to quote me subsequently
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:

Yes of course.
But the issue is political will to back it up.
Just for instance, GEJ govt started a programme like that, do u think PMB govt will want to continue?
Very true. I wonder when Nigeria will wake up from deep sleep.

By the way, your profile pic is lovely. Well done. cheesy cheesy
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Firstlieutenant(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:

I have known u more than u know yourself

You've got some psychic powers or what? Yes I can be naughty and dirty on NL sometimes but that's got nothing to do with my true-self. Should I think of a lady as a wwhore, just because she talks nasty on NL?
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Firstlieutenant(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2016
kenonze:

U know i can also be controversial in politics and Romance section...... I Don't want u to quote me subsequently

Then lets create a medium to talk outside NL and I won't quote u subsequently... when u go "controversial"?

1 Like

Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2016
quid:

Very true. I wonder when Nigeria will wake up from deep sleep.

By the way, your profile pic is lovely. Well done. cheesy cheesy

Thanks quid
Re: Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected by ajuwarhodes(f): 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
theEYe21:
Once an HIV positive person takes his/her drug constantly for 4 months, the virus will be hard to detect in the blood cheesy

But once the person stops,the virus resurfaces,and I heard there are loads of side effects to taking the drugs,its a toxic drug,yes every drugs have side effects, but this type is life threating.
Or what do u make of a drug that might damage the liver or kidney in 20yrs.its a gradual toxic drug

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solving Premature Ejaculation / What I Found Out About Masturbation and Artificial Sexual Enhancers Or Drugs / After Taking Malaria Drug I Still Have Yellow Urine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.