Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets (3272 Views)

7 Uses Of OTG Cables On Android And Tablets / Lol, Check Out This Weighty And Long Flip Phone My Friend Just Showed Me / Nokia Is Coming Back To Phones And Tablets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by walebabs3: 11:45am On Jun 10, 2016
Instead of putting your smartphone away in your pocket, Lenovo wants you to bend your phone around your wrist.

YouTube personality Meghan McCarthy showed off the flexible smartphone during during Lenovo’s Tech World conference Thursday, taking a pretty standard-looking smartphone and bending it around her wrist like a slap bracelet.

She then proceeded to take a tablet and bend it right in half to show how a tablet could also be comfortably used to take a phone call with bendable technology.

Lenovo SVP and CTO Peter Hortensius told the audience that the technology not only has a bendable screen, but also bendable hardware components like motherboards and batteries.
Lenovo did not announce any names or potential release dates for its new flexible electronics, although Hortensius mentioned that McCarthy should be careful with them because “they cost a little bit more than your average phone or tablet right now.”

More information about Lenovo’s flexible smartphone and tablet may come out later during the conference.

Lenovo’s announcement comes just a couple days after Samsung showed off and announced its own bendable smartphones, which will likely be available in early 2017

http://www.newsmath.com/lenovo-just-showed-off-bendable-smartphones-tablets/

Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Snowprince306(m): 11:49am On Jun 10, 2016
Seriously
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Ajewealth123(m): 11:53am On Jun 10, 2016
So I can actually wear my smartphone around my wrist? This is interesting

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Ajewealth123(m): 11:55am On Jun 10, 2016
So I can actually wear my smartphone around my wrist? This is interesting. Still wondering when our smartphones will be A.Y.O technology enabled

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Davbams(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
Cool.

Cutting-edge!
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by thelastmediator: 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
Impressed!
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Clarinett(m): 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
This is what i call Innovation.

lalasticlala come and see chun chin grin
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by emeijeh(m): 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
Brilliant.
Smart life!
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by ExplicitContent: 4:30pm On Jun 10, 2016
Wow. I love the body-make
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
Waiting for the iPhone 7 to wow the world again

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Mckandre(m): 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
why do I get the feeling that IPhone 6 inspired these people ?

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Olarewajub: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
I'm not suprise, its Lenovo
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by olatunjithomas(m): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
ain't that dope?
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by clerkent(m): 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
If the phone de ur waist de ring u go inside pocket de look for am.
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hmmm. Remembering what Albert Einstein said. Check my moniker Nlanders

2 Likes

Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
This one no go work for naija o. Hand cutting tinz shocked
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by crackhouse(m): 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
hmm. more technologies are rolling out.
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by matrix199(m): 4:28am On Jun 11, 2016
The whites are the true miracle, signs, and wonders doers.
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by mrMeen(m): 5:16am On Jun 11, 2016
matrix199:
The whites are the true miracle, signs, and wonders doers.
lack of self confidence. Are the black people not a true miracle like the whites we just did not get the oppurtunity that the have. On a side note We can also do miracles watch tb joshua
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by matrix199(m): 5:24am On Jun 11, 2016
mrMeen:
lack of self confidence. Are the black people not a true miracle like the whites we just did not get the opportunity that the have. On a side note We can also do miracles watch tb joshua

Smiling..

Young man, try not to quote what you don't understand next time, uh?!

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by mrMeen(m): 5:37am On Jun 11, 2016
matrix199:

Smiling..

Young man, try not to quote what you don't understand next time, uh?!
ok elder i hail thee.
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by blazingkid21(m): 6:01am On Jun 11, 2016
there's nothing I can say, but "End time phone"
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Project400: 7:12am On Jun 11, 2016
Innovative
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by StealthyMe(m): 7:15am On Jun 11, 2016
Technology is getting madder ! Can't just wait for the transparent phone to come to reality
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by constance500: 8:29am On Jun 11, 2016
Interesting
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Idydarling(f): 10:44am On Jun 11, 2016
I love this
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by naijacentric(m): 11:59am On Jun 11, 2016
white magic am not surprised so called science fiction gadgets turning reality africa wake up use ur own magic too for good tins dat wil be useful for all
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Youngpo413: 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
This too shall pass...

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Mario1989(m): 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
With the way technology is going maybe one or more of this will happen...
1. I will be able to buy goods from online store using my Visa card and download the goods through my phone.
2. My phone will have a flying chip and inbuilt GPS so that i will be able to send my phone to anywhere.
3. And many more buh lemme just stop here
Re: Lenovo Just Showed Off Bendable Smartphones And Tablets by Phemmygbl(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Innjoo Max-3 Is Coming With 6.0 Inches Screen And 4000mah Battery / Unboxing The New TECNO Camon CM / Between Tecno Pova, Pouvoir 4, Infinix Note 8 And Hot 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.