Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) (756 Views)

See Reasons Bible Said: Do Not Judge! / Bible Said Jesus Will Go To HELL / Bible Said Jesus Didn't Die For Anybody Sin Nor He's Crucified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by umehmj(m): 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2016
Came across this in deutronomy 24:5 and i was like whaat?!

Personally i think it will be really cool but then, does this apply in today's world?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by xpac01(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
One year sad I hear somebody asking, "Na happiness dem go chop"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by Project400: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
...same principle with today's honeymoon.

Life expectancy in those days was huge. So, it is very rational to take out 1 year out of 600+ Years as alone time with your spouse. Methuselah lived 969 years, right? (Genesis 5:27).

Worthy of note is that God progressively shortened human life, specifically after the flood. So looking at the old testament verse you quoted - Deut 24: 5, we cannot safely apply same principle as, I earlier mentioned, life expectancy differ.

4 Likes

Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by hahn(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
Project400:
...same principle with today's honeymoon.

Life expectancy in those days was huge. So, it is very rational to take out 1 year out of 600+ Years as alone time with your spouse. Methuselah lived 969 years, right? (Genesis 5:27).

Worthy of note is that God progressively shortened human life, specifically after the flood. So looking at the old testament verse you quoted - Deut 24: 5, we cannot safely apply same principle as, I earlier mentioned, life expectancy differ.

Don't tell me you actually believe that undecided
Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
Awesome.. We need to pass that bill into the Senate house.
Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by Project400: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
hahn:

Don't tell me you actually believe that undecided
You mean the Bible?
Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by hahn(m): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Project400:

You mean the Bible?

Yep. It is filled with fairy tales. Talking snakes, talking donkeys, unicorns, heaven, hell, god, lucifer etc

Those things are used to entertain kids undecided
Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by MistadeRegal(m): 3:34am On Jun 11, 2016
That verse and some other verses on that Chapter was for soldiers.

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be True??? / Get Ready For Jesus’s Second Coming, Kumuyi Tells Christians / Prelate Sunday Mbang On What Will Happen To Corrupt Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.