Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour (2901 Views)

Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob / See The Huge Python My Neighbour Was Roasting Yesterday.... / Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by ettaetta(m): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
One of my facebook friends posted this today, so after reading i decided to share it here.

Somedays ago in the morning my neighbour tried to boiled water with her boiling ring but nepa took light. she forgot to unplug it from the socket since she was in a hurry to go for lectures.

So she went to school and left it on. Nepa didnt give light till in the afternoon. When they finally brought light, All the water she was boiling dried up and light was still on. The boiling ring burnt her jug and her room was filled with smoke.
She came back that afternoon. When she came back and opened the door, she saw smoke. That was when she remembered she plugged water before going to school.

so she rushed in to swithoff the socket. Unfortunately for her, when she rushed in was when the boiling ring exploded. The powder from the boiling ring entered her eyes and she fell down and started screaming for help.

God so blessed i and one other neighbor were home. So we rushed to see what happened. When i went in i saw every where filled with smoke and she was rolling on the floor.

Immediately i switched off the light from the change over and took her out side. That was when she told us that the powder from the boiling ring that exploded entered her eyes. She couldnt open her eyes at that moment.

I and my neighbour quickly rushed her to the hospital. When we got to the hospital she could open her eyes small, but her eyes at that moment were very scary.
The powder covered her eyes and all her eyes were white, the powder covered the black part. She was really in pains. The doctor asked what happed i explained everything to him. Then he started attending to her. The doctor said it will take few days before she will see very clearly again.
I visited her today and she is improving.
I really thank God the damage was not severe. We need to be really careful when using this electrical appiance because i know most of us are guilty of this. You boil water with boiling ring and forget. This is very risky.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by poshraykwen1(f): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hmmm
Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by vicstar(m): 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
thankGod for her
Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by ettaetta(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2016
The blessings of Abraham is ours and because of that, blindness and sudden death is not for us.

1 Like

Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by Cutehector(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
I have adapted to bathing normal room temperature water even at cold weather so i really dnt need to boil any water...

3 Likes

Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by Pharoahhhhhh: 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hmm thank God for her.
Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by vera031(f): 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
Thank God.
Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by Darkseid(m): 7:19am On Jun 11, 2016
I'm still trying to understand how the boiling ring exploded.
Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by ettaetta(m): 8:36am On Jun 11, 2016
Darkseid:
ok do an experiment, plug a boiling ring without water for a long time and see what will happen

1 Like

Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by Chillext(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
Darkseid:
keep trying

Re: See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour by kingofthesouth: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
ettaetta:
ok do an experiment, plug a boiling ring without water for a long time and see what will happen
you are wicked o grin

(1) (Reply)

The Food U Cook Best / How You Take Make Geisha? / Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Kunu, Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.