Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

A Book Review- A Dialogue With My Country By Niyi Osundare - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Book Review- A Dialogue With My Country By Niyi Osundare (1158 Views)

Our Rebellion Against Soyinka, Achebe – Osundare / My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe? By Niyi Osundare / My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe? By Niyi Osundare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Book Review- A Dialogue With My Country By Niyi Osundare by winigemm(f): 5:24am On Jun 11, 2016
Niyi Osundare is one of the few writers, whom Nigeria should be grateful for. Every time I read his piece, he makes me fall in love with the joining down of words over and over again. He gives me a reason to get better at my writing every time. With his pen, words are entertaining and picturesque. A master of words, he plays with them and gives it to you in a way that always supersedes your imaginations.
Now enough about him, I am writing to review his book “ A Dialogue with My Country”. This book paints clear some of the accounts of our past that we might never know. At different points I take pride in getting acquainted with the heroes past, many that you never knew had done great. (If you are my age) Or even those who are older. Feeling a sweet pride for a nation that never produced honorable men, but then a dampness of the spirit when the repeated horror of the government strikes yet again. Imagine the scales that fall off your eyes, the gaps formed by the mouth at history and stories made clear. To continue reading...http://expressperspectives..com/2016/05/a-dialogue-with-my-country.html

(1) (Reply)

My Cute Bro Who Always Wanted To Be A Modelling Artist (photos) / After Being Reborn, I Tortured The Vicious Sister-in-law / Odufa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.