Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan (28076 Views)

NYSC 2016 Batch ‘B’ Online Registration For Orientation Course Notice / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date, Says Corps Members Are Fasting / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date, Says Corps Members Are Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Focused2day: 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
Na wa o!
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by BiafranJesus: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
Islam is nothing but trouble. Muslims need their country. I cannot share the same country with such evil people.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by mekaboy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
Soon u will read how people were killed, cars and property destroyed for this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by yusufbida(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
booqee:
why are we like this... why do we let religion dictate things of national issues for us tori Olohun?

btw, this their fasting sef, they would eat by 5:00am thereabout, by the time they are doing the early morning drill, they have food in their belly to sustain them, the christians and people of other religion would be exercising on empty stomach, because i remember breakfast was after the drill. so what are they on about? who said they wouldn't be allowed to do their prayers??
even on a normal day many of us skip our meals and may eat just once a day not because of lack of food but maybe u were busy with work and all..or just skipped it for skipping case.. and we would not fall sick or die. nothing will happen.

as in ehn , this folks like to create trouble for no reason...
Trash from a trash mind
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Ahmedhussain3463: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
booqee:
why are we like this... why do we let religion dictate things of national issues for us tori Olohun?

btw, this their fasting sef, they would eat by 5:00am thereabout, by the time they are doing the early morning drill, they have food in their belly to sustain them, the christians and people of other religion would be exercising on empty stomach, because i remember breakfast was after the drill. so what are they on about? who said they wouldn't be allowed to do their prayers??
even on a normal day many of us skip our meals and may eat just once a day not because of lack of food but maybe u were busy with work and all..or just skipped it for skipping case.. and we would not fall sick or die. nothing will happen.

nsa.amf.amv. Kamfsmlamf.anff,ls almflsamfls gf@ almfla gl fla kdks,f g f dt all u av been saying
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by silibaba: 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
lillies:
Muslim group kicks against scrapping post jamb...
Muslim group kicks against NYSC date....
Muslim group kicks against not wearing hijab in osun schools....
Muslim group has started making educational decision in Nigeria under this administration,

Allah Uraru Bao
looking för Sharp knife to behead you. grin
lillies:
Muslim group kicks against scrapping post jamb...
Muslim group kicks against NYSC date....
Muslim group kicks against not wearing hijab in osun schools....
Muslim group has started making educational decision in Nigeria under this administration,

Allah Uraru Bao
looking för Sharp knife to behead you.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Agbalanze(m): 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
Did we ever say this rubbish during our lenting and fasting period? Why always Muslim??
Pls, you can serve next yr, its not compulsory u must serve now.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by silibaba: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
yusufbida:
Trash from a trash mind
e pain am grin
yusufbida:
Trash from a trash mind
e pain am
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by piro4humility(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
misscall247:
lugard u see ur life.........those who cant cope,should join the next batch!!!Gbam

[b][/b]CORRECT, why complaining when we you people have choices If you don't know, batch b16, a17, b17, c17 are there for you my Muslim brothers. For me ooooooooh! I they go b'cos no time

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by odutolasodiq(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
booqee:

nobody is trying to create problems ma'am, the argument put forth by MURIC is very reasonable. If u have been to the NYSC camp u would understand it's almost impossible to combine those military drills(both morning and evening) with fasting.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by bayonino: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2016
hab1612:
No body blames you.
If you have never fasted you won't know the meaning of what dey are arguing for.

During a football match, my coach will also tel me similar things but they are very different. On a normal day after a footbal match I can drink water as i like during Ramadan I can't until sunset.

D NYSC sud b considerate and make the date free for everyone, except they want only Christians n pagans attanding dis orientation camp dis time.
ogbeni, na fast you dey fast abi una dey deceive yourself, you go eat big solid food early in the morning, you go come chop another big solid food in the evening, you go come say you dey fast, ogbeni na SLOW u dey do oo undecided angry.

You better let all these innocent youths go and serve and finish fast so they can properly focus on their lives
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by odutolasodiq(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
Agbalanze:
Did we ever say this rubbish during our lenting and fasting period? Why always Muslim??
Pls, you can serve next yr, its not compulsory u must serve now.
and how many of you christians observe the said lent! not even u talking here.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Topsonluv(m): 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
We need intellectuals n matured minds who can approach matters in a more matured and deplomatic ways to give decisions in ds country.
D reasons we keep on lagging behind in ds country is not because we dont av d resources but we dont use it in evri ramitificatn( including our brain).
As i was reading d comments only few folks like 2 or 3 cud give reasonable alternative solutn of taking into considerations d muslims in NYSC schedule instead of postponing d date. This is enough to convince those group n make them to reason along instead criticising them.
As we continue to reign insult or abusive words on this muslim group will it give a solutn or add to d problem. Please let us approach things with maturity just for peace to reign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by dominique(f): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
iliasaa:
If u like hate it, if u like turn back eye to the plight of Muslims, when we feel cheated we will talk. How will it be possible to fast with the training or drilling schedule in camp? Why is it the those in power never consider the feelings of Muslims when scheduling time table that will affect Muslims? And when Muslims voice out the root cause will not be ironed out rather they will still blame Muslims for speaking out

I am a Muslim but I don't believe in unnecessary sentiments or preferential treatment. Ive experienced fasting during camp, it's not tthat bad. Provisions were made to feed The corpers during sahur and iftaar, nobody stoped them from observing theirTarawiih prayers and Tasfir lectures were held in the evenings and general lectures on Sunday. The Muslim corpers also made out time to read their Qur'an inspite the camp schedule. So which of the Ramadan obligations were they prevented from carrying out? None! Why on earth can't you jog or match or carry out man owar activities when you're not a lazy glutton? The fasting corpers complained a bit but they coped well.

The batch A of NYSC ought to have been done with camp, it's batch B that camps around June. As at June, Batch A corpers have not been mobilized and some people still want the orientation camp to be postponed, is that fair?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Compliant(m): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
jubebaister:
If Buhari had released money since, this wouldn't have coincided with their fasting.

Which money?

Where did you expect him to get it from ?

Guy Nigeria is broke for sure and we need to adjust .
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by olayinka63: 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
Very sure it was certain that Non-muslims will go against this news. It is constitutional right of any Muslim to voice out what he deemed not appropriate for him and it is the decision of government to resolve the grievances. yes they will have food in their stomach before morning drill, however, why don't you consider the effect the drill on the fasting Muslims in the middle of the day when the food will have digested as a result of this morning drill. Secondly, it is not certain food will be ready on. time for both sahur and iftar. we all know we don't usually keep to plan and time in Nigeria. I support the shifting of this camp to after Ramadan.
Quote me OYO lowa
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by odutolasodiq(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
BiafranJesus:
Islam is nothing but trouble. Muslims need their country. I cannot share the same country with such evil people.
ur level of reasoning is one of the major reason why biafra nation can never be achieved! ur moniker gave u away!
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
Please NYSC isn't by force, the Muslims can wait for the next batch.period.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by azonto4real(m): 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
Wetin sef! Are they the only religion in this country?

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by BetaThings: 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
booqee:

When they fixed re-run election on a Sunday in Anambra, people got angry
That is not what Christians normally contend with
But Muslims face that every Friday

I think we should make Sunday a workday and Friday workfree for half of the year
SO that I can confirm that Christians are truly tolerant

booqee:

Did they ever complain about empty stomach outside Ramadan?
Exercising on empty stomach and eating/drinking thereafter is different
from doing so after 8 hours
In professional football, it is an issue and these are people who have doctors, nutritionists etc on their payroll

booqee:

You may be able to fast for 24 hours, but that is not normal
But water is more important than food

[quote author=booqee post=46476757]as in ehn , this folks like to create trouble for no reason...
Christians in Osun state who don't wear any special attire to Christian private schools now want to wear church garment to public schools
Why? because Muslims are to be allowed to wear Hijab in public schools
Fact is that we don't care what you guy do or wear - just allow us practise

The fad today is agitation for restructuring the country
But I guess that does not include allowing Muslims to practise their religion how they like

But you can dismiss it because they like to cause trouble
When Muslims who by their conduct show that the Hijab is compulsory and say they want to wear it to school,
Christians get angry

I ask, how is the Hijab a problem to Christian and others but Christian fellowship that wakes people at 3.30am is not

Indeed the greatest trouble makers are the Christians

When some people were calling Jonathan clueless, a lot of people took offence
And that is just a human being
But Christians abuse/insult/cure our Prophet Mohammed (SAW) and Allah (SWT) all the time on Nairaland

But the same people who caution against abusing Jonathan see nothing wrong with that

There is hardly anybody whose wife is called a prostitute that will not react
Christians abuse Allah as if they get a spiritual reward for doing so

To make matters worse as soon as they fear there may be harsh criticism of their pastors
They start saying "touch not my anointed"

Yet Muslims are forbidden from insulting leaders of other religions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Ussyberry(m): 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ilduce11:
Is nysc now more stressful compared to d aboki pushing water on bad roads or d guy carrying his tailor machine on his head all day

Bruhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by damipluto: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
This country will never grow with ethnicity and religion. When I was in school, we wrote exams during fasting period and Muslim faithfuls still read very well and had good grades. I read psychology, mental engagement requires more energy, glucose and stability than physical activities. If they could survive during exams period that was more tasking mentally then, this nysc activities shouldn't be an issue at all. Nigerians wake up
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by thugthang(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hypocrite undecided
ollah1:
Nonsense. First class nonsense. Would they also reject schools from conducting exams for students cos of ramadan? Reject date set for sporting activities to be carried out cos of ramadan? I'm a Muslim but this is a compete bullcrap.

If they aren't strong enough to fast, they shouldn't. Nobody is fasting for anybody but him/herself.

Utter crap
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by NwaIgboBoy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ok no wahala let the xtains go on that date na mayb after der fasting dey will go, but wat of the Pegans, Hindus, Judazms,Native dectors? Mayb dey will still choose der own date. Is a free Country anyting can go afterall our Presdo dnt hear a dimne......... I WEEP 4 THIS NATION!
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by kascoman: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
You just demonstrated ur ignorance by claim to be a muslim and still making animalistic comment. Fasting is compulsory for all muslims during ramadan and no one can cope wt empty stomach. What is the usefulness of NYSC that afta a year service government didn't knw how u survive.
ollah1:
Nonsense. First class nonsense. Would they also reject schools from conducting exams for students cos of ramadan? Reject date set for sporting activities to be carried out cos of ramadan? I'm a Muslim but this is a compete bullcrap.

If they aren't strong enough to fast, they shouldn't. Nobody is fasting for anybody but him/herself.

Utter crap
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Lagusta(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
dominique:

I am a Muslim but I don't believe in unnecessary sentiments or preferential treatment. Ive experienced fasting during camp, it's not tthat bad. Provisions were made to feed The corpers during sahur and iftaar, nobody stoped them from observing theirTarawiih prayers and Tasfir lectures were held in the evenings and general lectures on Sunday. The Muslim corpers also made out time to read their Qur'an inspite the camp schedule. So which of the Ramadan obligations were they prevented from carrying out? None! Why on earth can't you jog or match or carry out man owar activities when you're not a lazy glutton? The fasting corpers complained a bit but they coped well.

The batch A of NYSC ought to have been done with camp, it's batch B that camps around June. As at June, Batch A corpers have not been mobilized and some people still want the orientation camp to be postponed, is that fair?

Thank you so much for being objective minded....

I'm a Muslim too, and I see no reason why corpers shouldn't hold their camps during Ramadan....

They should think of Somalians who have no food to eat before and after the fast, at least provisions for sahur and iftaar would be provided there, no matter what....

This camp has been postponed for so long, let it continue jare......
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by mawududji(m): 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
Religion is major problem in this country.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by izzou(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
If you know you are a true muslim and you are about to serve,dont go on the 13th

So if Deeper life wan fast after they postpone it for you guys, everybody go wait again

I am very sure the date wont be changed. MUMIC abi na MUMU can voice their trash out for all i care

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by divine808: 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
if they don't want to go to camp because of ram and an let them stay at home. please drop this sentiment and let us have some peace in this nation. NONSENSE.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by yusufbida(m): 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
silibaba:

e pain am grin
e pain am
Don't be silly just as your username silibaba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Corps Member Gifted ₦1M For Dance Passion (Pics, Video) / Unical Graduate Who Died While Serving In Ebonyi State Buried Today / Bus Carrying Corpers From Enugu NYSC Camp Involved In Accident 3 Corpers Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.