Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Is Moderate Muslim Or Moderate Islam A Myth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Moderate Muslim Or Moderate Islam A Myth? (542 Views)

Abraham The Friend Of God, Was He A Muslim Or Christian ? / Islam A Religion Of Peace? / Between ISIS And The Moderate Muslims, Who Is The Genuine Follower Of Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Moderate Muslim Or Moderate Islam A Myth? by shiftback: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
Salam Aleikum EVERYONE.

Is there anything like moderate Muslims or moderate Islam?
Can one practice Islam moderately?

What makes one a radical or moderate Muslim?

For example;
Those that responds to any insult against Islam or the prophet Muhammad -- peace and blessing upon him -- with great violence and anger; radical muslin and extremists? And are they right for reacting violently as they are following the dictates of the Quran?
How about those that respond calmly and peacefully on the basis of freedom of expression with a live and let's live attitude, are they moderate Muslims and are they wrong for not picking up arms to defend their religion?

There are so many verses in the Quran that I do not entirely agree with, does that make me NOT A MUSLIM?

I understand that Islam is an ideology - a set of ideas and it is not defined by what any Muslim wants it to be, but by what it is. But can Muslims, as individuals, choose how much of their religion they practice?

The Quran instructs that we shouldn't take people of the book(Jews and Christians) for friends. What if my immediate family and 99 percent of my friends are Christians, what do i do with them

Can Muslims chose portions of the Quran to agree with and practice accordingly?

PLEASE ISLAMIC SCHOLARS AND ANYBODY THAT CAN PROVIDE ANSWERS AND OR EXPLANATION SHOULD PLEASE DO.

Finally, People shouldn't form opinions about their Muslim neighbor, co worker or friend based off of actions by other people who happens to be of same religion.
A person should be judged only by their own words and Actions. Many Muslims are wonderful people. Every person is an individual and no one should be thought of differently merely because of their religious affiliation.
Re: Is Moderate Muslim Or Moderate Islam A Myth? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
Islam is Islam,there is nothing like radical or moderate Islam.
Re: Is Moderate Muslim Or Moderate Islam A Myth? by udatso: 4:40am On Jun 12, 2016
shiftback:
Salam Aleikum EVERYONE.

Is there anything like moderate Muslims or moderate Islam?
As far as Islam is concerned, there isn't
Can one practice Islam moderately?
What do you mean practising Islam moderately?
What makes one a radical or moderate Muslim?

You tell us, in Islam we don't know what moderate Muslim means

For example;
Those that responds to any insult against Islam or the prophet Muhammad -- peace and blessing upon him -- with great violence and anger; radical muslin and extremists? And are they right for reacting violently as they are following the dictates of the Quran?
Prove that statement From the Quran since you claim they are following the dictates of the Quran

How about those that respond calmly and peacefully on the basis of freedom of expression with a live and let's live attitude, are they moderate Muslims and are they wrong for not picking up arms to defend their religion?
You are either a Muslim or not. There isn't radical or moderate Muslim.

There are so many verses in the Quran that I do not entirely agree with, does that make me NOT A MUSLIM?
That's too bad
.......So do you believe in part (of) the Book and disbelieve in part? Then what (should be the) recompense (for the one) who does that among you, except disgrace in the life (of) the world; and (on the) Day of [the] Resurrection they will be sent back to (the) most severe punishment? And not (is) Allah unaware of what you do.

Quran 2:85
If you want to practise Islam, practise it wholeheartedLy

I understand that Islam is an ideology - a set of ideas and it is not defined by what any Muslim wants it to be, but by what it is. But can Muslims, as individuals, choose how much of their religion they practice?
No you can't.

The Quran instructs that we shouldn't take people of the book(Jews and Christians) for friends. My immediate family and 99 percent of my friends are Christians, what do i do with them
What kind of Muslim are you who doesn't seem knowledge about his deen. Go and look for the tafseer of that verse

Meanwhile you can ask your Christian friends and family what the Bible meant in 2 Corinthians 6:14

Can Muslims chose portions of the Quran to agree with and practice accordingly?
For the second time, No.

"O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy".

Quran 2:208

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Use Of HIJAB Liberation Or Oppression?? / MUSIC: HIS MERCY By Dr. Bassey Ekeng (shammah) / The Christian God Is Not A 20 Naira God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.