Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos (3149 Views)

Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development / Software Company Needs I.T Students / It Students Needed In A Software Company In Lagos And Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by JamesPal: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2009
Ultimate Systems Solutions
------------------------------------------

Ultimate Systems Solutions is a fast growing Nigerian Software development company that develops and maintains accounting and cooperative software.

We have reputable clients all over the country and the demand for our software products and services is very High.

Job Opening
-----------------------

Position: Programmers

Requirement: Very Good Knowledge of Visual Basic 6.0 and Microsoft Access.

Job Location: Our Head office in Ikeja, Lagos State.

If you are interested and qualified for the above job vacancy pls send your CV or profile to wale_ultimate@yahoo.co.uk

The Job vacancy is very urgent and meant for serious minded people. Qualified programmers would be called for an interview.

Thanks.
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by olutope200: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2009
Hi. Do you still need VB programmers?
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by Fdeveloper(m): 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
I'm afraid I would have to question your claim to be a "fast growing" company with several "reputable clients" nationwide if your developers are still working with Visual Basi 6.0 & Microsoft Access in this day and age or am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by ABAboi: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
Did i hear u say access?? Unless u are developing software for a local village organisation.
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by dotzok: 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2009
Guys, you fail to realize there are different approaches to things. 2 years ago the company I work for presently placed their advert just like this ", VB6, ". In fact after i eventually joined the company my boss asked me why and what I was doing with VB6 on my system! They knew anybody with VB6 knowledge would easily grow into VB/ASP.NET & MsSQL which they use. They are full fledge .Net people. Wise n Simple logic! Sou, stop and think.
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by Fdeveloper(m): 11:01am On Nov 30, 2009
@Doztok,

There is quite a fundamental difference between VB6 & VB.NET and in my experience not all programmers adapted to the implementation of OOP in VB.NET very well so I would argue one cannot just assume that anyone with VB6 knowledge would automatically become a good VB.NET developer?
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by parosky(m): 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2009
@Doztok
VB6 and VB.Net are like heaven and earth and their similarity does not go beyond the VB in their names. When I migrated to VB.net, I only had my knowledge of java to thank for making it possible, i.e java will help you get up to VB.net faster than VB6 will. A chronic VB6 user will drop a VB.net book in the first paragraph of the first page.
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by bigafees: 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2009
parosky:

@Doztok
VB6 and VB.Net are like heaven and earth and their similarity does not go beyond the VB in their names. When I migrated to VB.net, I only had my knowledge of java to thank for making it possible, i.e java will help you get up to VB.net faster than VB6 will. A chronic VB6 user will drop a VB.net book in the first paragraph of the first page.

i totally disagree with u that a vb6 programmer will not cope with vb.net as a beginner, it's just depend on your level of understanding
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by BigStar1(m): 10:58am On Dec 07, 2009
Anyway, i don't have time for argument here. All i would is to advice the poster to watch for intelligent and capable guru and not just chop chop guru in disguise. Best of luck
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by ndirpaya1: 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
that a programmer is used to the event driven nature of vb6 does not serve as a yardstick to measure the adaptaility of him climbing unto the OOP platform that vb.net offers even though a previous knowedge in java is quite helpful
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by doctorfox: 3:09am On Dec 08, 2009
Amazing how everyone here quickly bumps threads and hijack topics with non-related matters.

Now what have we learned from all the argument about programming languages?
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by puskin: 2:41am On Dec 10, 2009
. . .eMM. . .nothing.
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by kojoyan: 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2009
I am a vb exprience programm for about 20 years now. Self employeed, with various contract projects and commercial projects. I like to work with your company, on contract basess. My email : picosoftalfa@yaho.com or call 08053530459. A trial will convince you.
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by dotzok: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2009
WIZARD Aaaaaaaaaaaaalfa kojoyan. Nibo le waaa? This is Sola, the VB boy: Wizards Solutions, Ak.
Re: Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos by elegale: 8:25pm On May 23, 2012
Hi.

I'm a VB.NET programmer. Any positions open in your company Please let me know.

Konseptz@etisalatng.blackberry.com

Thanx

(1) (Reply)

School Management Software / Sms/web Based Micro Finance Bank Cbn Approved For Sale / Nice Books For Programmers And Intending Programmers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.