Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor (5350 Views)

How Do You Cope With GLO Data Network Frustration? / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tomjazzy2: 8:50am On Jun 12, 2016
Has anyone noticed that since etisalat unveiled new data plans where they offered more data for lesser prices, their data network has been abysmally poor sad

We all rolled out the drums when they joined other networks to reduce their prices for more data, little did we realize that they were going to correspondingly reduce the data speed.

Left MTN and subscribed for the Etisalat 1.5gig for 1k, two days now, the data speed has been nothing but frustrating sad

Etisalat had one of the best data speed before now, so why compromise on that

4 Likes

Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by sheddy03: 9:39am On Jun 12, 2016
Tomjazzy2:
Has anyone noticed that since etisalat unveiled new data plans where they offered more data for lesser prices, their data network has been abysmally poor sad

We all rolled out the drums when they joined other networks to reduce their prices for more data, little did we realize that they were going to correspondingly reduce the data speed.

Left MTN and subscribed for the Etisalat 1.5gig for 1k, two days now, the data speed has been nothing but frustrating sad

I think they are not OK with d reduce in data prices, they are forced by the market forces.
I hail glo for initiating the crash in data prices, and the further crash.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2016
I tought I'm the only one that noticed it. For like 2 months now etisalat internet speed has been slow. Don't get me wrong, it is reliable in that it works 99% of the time unlike glo that doesn't work lots of times, but the probem with etisalat is that it maintains this slow speed. I use to be a big fan but these days I tend to rely more on my MTN. Average speed I get on Etisalat for the past 2 months is 3mbps while I easily get 8mbps on MTN.

The thing is both MTN and Etisalat had better speeds before the reduction in price. I use to get 18mbps on MTN 12mbps on Etisalat before the price reduction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Baddestguyp(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2016
Tomjazzy2:

same here. the speed isn't half as fast as it were before. worst of all it's so unstable. you'll be browsing and H+ will suddenly disappear.

and I think they're doing it on purpose cos it gets a bit more stable wen I connect to a VPN.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2016
Baddestguyp:
same here. the speed isn't half as fast as it were before. worst of all it's so unstable. you'll be browsing and H+ will suddenly disappear.

and I think they're doing it on purpose cos it gets a bit more stable wen I connect to a VPN.

The price reduction is good, but this throttling down is something else. All these network poviders should make available a 'premium plan' for the people that appreciate the old speeds. Even if it is more expensive than what they offer right now but with good speed. Let people who don't care about speed use the normal plan (3mbps is enough for most people, but for some people it is not enough). I was getting 18mbps on MTN before the price reduction and now i get 5mbps.. WTF.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tomjazzy2: 10:35am On Jun 12, 2016
sheddy03:

I think they are not OK with d reduce in data prices, they are forced by the market forces.
I hail glo for initiating the crash in data prices, and the further crash.

Then they should be honest enough to keep the data at the former price and speed.

With the current speed I'm getting on etisalat, my sub is as good as useless
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Youngpo413: 11:41am On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

The price reduction is good, but this throttling down is something else. All these network poviders should make available a 'premium plan' for the people that appreciate the old speeds. Even if it is more expensive than what they offer right now but with good speed. Let people who don't care about speed use the normal plan (3mbps is enough for most people, but for some people it is not enough). I was getting 18mbps on MTN before the price reduction and now i get 5mbps.. WTF.
I support this idea.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by onoerime: 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
allow the competition to roll on. Make sure you have all the sims. The best speed provider carries the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by beinstein(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
So i'm not the only one having this horrible experience after all. The annoying part is that they've learned from GLO how to toggle data connection between 2G and 3G at regular intervals.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tomjazzy2: 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dumping their silly network once I exhaust my data angry

MTN was fairly better. Not the the ideal speed, but not as poor as etisalat
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by COMPAQ(m): 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
Likewise here in port Harcourt! Both much slower and much less reliable. For the last 3 to 4 years I can't remember last time I watched YouTube on etisalat and it buffered, but now itbuffers regularly. I could even use etisalat for stream on my TV via chrome cast device in HD quality but that's no longer the case.

However it isn't just etisalat. Airtel is the same when it comes to lower reliability. Even the LTE ones are in the same bucket cos even spectranet seems slower too. I suspect the new people using these much cheaper data is causing the bandwidth to get congested.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by abogjohn(m): 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
All these guys with Big grammars, I don't even understand d topic of this thread grin
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tonydeeb(m): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
abogjohn:
All these guys with Big grammars, I don't even understand d topic of this thread grin
Lol!... It's supposed to be "Now Abysmal" not "Abysmally"... He was prolly typing outta frustration!. grin
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tomjazzy2: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Tonydeeb:

Lol!... It's supposed to be "Now Abysmal" not "Abysmally"... He was prolly typing outta frustration!. grin

The network is so messed up that it modifies my post automatically
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Harmoneasy: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
the mata shock me..
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tonydeeb(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
Tomjazzy2:

The network is so messed up that it modifies my post automatically
Yea!, can relate!... Used to be one of their evangelists, buh now, I just keep quiet when the arguments get heated.
Mtn all the way.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by inveco(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
Thank God people are testifying. I used to think I was the only one noticing this snail speed browsing etisslat now offers. I use to stream movies without buffering before, but ever since they introduced this Cheap data stuff early this year, things have gone worse . I cannot longer vouch for them. Not encouraging. I had to dump them for now and manage the glo. Glo gives me 10Gb with a poor data speed as 300KB per sec. Etisalat offers 3.5Gb with a poor data speed as 300kB. Then, there is no need I keep using the Etisalat network for now. They should work on their network. They used to be undoubtly the fastest in terms of data speed. People called their network speed "4G in disguise" but Noe those glory are beginning to fade due to the so called data crash.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Baddestguyp(m): 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
Tonydeeb:

you are wrong and op is right. abysmally means incredibly. just like incredibly slow
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tonydeeb(m): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Baddestguyp:
you are wrong and op is right. abysmally means incredibly. just like incredibly slow
Negative, he just edited the post's title.
Twas originally "Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally"... Without the "Poor".
Get it?.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Baddestguyp(m): 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
Tonydeeb:
Negative, he just edited the post's title. Twas originally "Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally"... Without the "Poor". Get it?.
ok, sorry didn't know that

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
inveco:
Thank God people are testifying. I used to think I was the only one noticing this snail speed browsing etisslat now offers. I use to stream movies without buffering before, but ever since they introduced this Cheap data stuff early this year, things have gone worse . I cannot longer vouch for them. Not encouraging. I had to dump them for now and manage the glo. Glo gives me 10Gb with a poor data speed as 300KB per sec. Etisalat offers 3.5Gb with a poor data speed as 300kB. Then, there is no need I keep using the Etisalat network for now. They should work on their network. They used to be undoubtly the fastest in terms of data speed. People called their network speed "4G in disguise" but Noe those glory are beginning to fade due to the so called data crash.

LOL at 300kbps. I no longer recharge my etisalat, I was getting maximum of 3mbps and most of the times between 1-1.5mbps while mtn gives me between 4-8mbps. Mtn is my trusted network when I want to stream, I just tether my mtn to use my etisalat phone. At home I use spectranet and that one too very slow these days. In fact all networks have dropped speed by more than 50% ever since they reduced their price. But mtn is still the fastest for now(at least in my area) but the speed could be better. It was 2 times faster than this before.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tomjazzy2: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

LOL at 300kbps. I no longer recharge my etisalat, I was getting maximum of 3mbps and most of the times between 1-1.5mbps while mtn gives me between 4-8mbps. Mtn is my trusted network when I want to stream, I just tether my mtn to use my etisalat phone. At home I use spectranet and that one too very slow these days. In fact all networks have dropped speed by more than 50% ever since they reduced their price. But mtn is still the fastest for now(at least in my area) but the speed could be better. It was 2 times faster than this before.

Absolutely
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Lakeshizu(m): 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
Am not alone..... I had to make a formal complain on their Customer care service. And no changes uptill now, am dumping their sorry a$$ for mtn after expiration of my data.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
I also noticed it
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by princesamuel5(m): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

Let me just say this, The drop in speed of your network providers are not primarily as a result of the price drop, it more like an increase in data subscribers.
As each network provider decreases its data price their subscriber base increases which directly means splitting of Internet speed as a result of the increase subscriber .
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Tomjazzy2: 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
princesamuel5:

Let me just say this, The drop in speed of your network providers are not primarily as a result of the price drop, it more like an increase in data subscribers.
As each network provider decreases its data price their subscriber base increases which directly means splitting of Internet speed as a result of the increase subscriber .

That in itself is an indictment on etisalat. Going by your theory, they lowered their prices hoping to get more subscribers on their network.

So, why didnt they do the necessary upgrade on their network knowing fully well that they would get more subscribers undecided

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by iamawara(m): 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
Am telling you am seriously fed up with etisalat. B4 I do subscribe to the 3GIG 1k plan 3 times a month, but last month I noticed I was not able to finish the normal 3GIG for the whole month, I was thinking it was bcoz of the poor electricity in my area. Even this month am still dragging the 3GIG, the network speed is so bad that I always hang my self to a corner in my room before I can browse. Na Mtn cause all this nonsense, if only BBLITED is working I could have not even try this nonsense etisalat network
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by princesamuel5(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
Tomjazzy2:

That in itself is an indictment on etisalat. Going by your theory, they lowered their prices hoping to get more subscribers on their network.

So, why didnt they do the necessary upgrade on their network knowing fully well that they would get more subscribers undecided

I have no idea about etisalat but mtn carried a nation wide system upgrade prior to them dropping their data price.
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Victorakats(m): 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
Actually I observed the same and I had to recharge my glo sim and discovered that glo was better and more consistent than Etisalat was.
Need counselling? Check my signature!

Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
Thank God, i got thinking my device is sicken! But it's really sadden cause i like to stay faithful; i've been using it on my BlackBerry since 2014 and not willing to walk away at this time! I hope they resolve it pretty fast cause it makes surfing boring!
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by haykay2005: 8:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nice info. I tot my device was the problem, now I know better
Re: Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor by RitzyPrince(m): 8:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
Glo remains the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN 30gb For N3,500 / With 100k Suggest A Good Android Phone Except Samsung / MEA Smartphone Market Growth Slows In Q3 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.