Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,285 members, 7,860,664 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:01 PM

One For Road - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One For Road (312 Views)

The Apostolic Church Osogbo Making Way For Road Expansion. PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One For Road by Justoc: 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
With one more gulp, the man emptied the content of the glass. He returned the glass on the table, tapping the bottom of the glass carefully on the table but enough to attract attention of the shop-owner.

‘One for road!’ He beckoned.
‘One more?’ the shop owner asked, just to make sure, he understood the request.
‘Yes’ the man replied. ‘One for road’

The shop owner poured the hot liquid into the glass. As he returned the kettle, he watched the man from the corner of his eyes. It was still early in the morning and harmattan just crept in last week. The man looked like he had left his house early in the morning and had journeyed long enough from the hinterland of the village in the cold. The hot tea would definitely warm his blood and also give him some strength to continue.

Are you tired in the journey of life? What is your challenge at this moment? What you need is a “one for road”, to continue the journey.

Troubled by the flesh, the world and the devil, your ‘one for road’ should be:
I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. Psalm 142:1

Are you in a tight corner with difficult circumstances? Your ‘one for road’:
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4.

Are you in dire need? Meat for the belly, cloth for the body…Your ‘one for road’:
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19.

The end of the race is when we meet our Lord Jesus Christ face to face. Before then, we will not get tired, for who has started the good work will perfect it.

Always step out of your house with your ‘one for road’: the word of God and the sword of the spirit.

www.blog.floatingingrace.com

(1) (Reply)

Join Us At Our Virtual Service / We’re In Mourning, Adeboye To Olawales’ / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.