Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring (33576 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea / 8 Killed In Taraba Fuel Tanker Explosion As Soldiers Chase Driver (Graphic Pics) / Mambilla Plateau Taraba State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by Abba5800: 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
My own home town, I was born and raise there. The coolest place in Nigeria, full of white men. Soon mambilla hydro power project will complete and Nigerian will forget darkness. We have blue sapphire only that federal government don't care about it..but white men from around d world are there, local people are getting. If you are lucky you can get 20 million a day . We grow tea, coffee, maize, pears, and have cattles range. Most of cows you can see in south south is from that place. We have montane forest but is owned by germany becouse of nja careless .currently I'm serving in cross river.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by ayusco85(m): 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
mancheeutd:

well mambilla plateau has one of the best sapphire in terms of clarity, carat, colour though sometimes small but with patience and luck u sometimes get about 4kg and above
if you want to buy u can meet with some of the sellers just be careful not to buy aqua marine cos they look alike

As for mining you need to get a mining licence from the ministry of mines in Abuja after getting a location in mambilla which will cost millions of naira and also need to reach an agreement with the landowners there after u can start a small scale mining with the local miners but then how are u sure they will give u any stone once they've seen it.

Are you into the business? Lemme pm u if u don't mind.
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by ayusco85(m): 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
Abba5800:
My own home town, I was born and raise there. The coolest place in Nigeria, full of white men. Soon mambilla hydro power project will complete and Nigerian will forget darkness. We have blue sapphire only that federal government don't care about it..but white men from around d world are there, local people are getting. If you are lucky you can get 20 million a day . We grow tea, coffee, maize, pears, and have cattles range. Most of cows you can see in south south is from that place. We have montane forest but is owned by germany becouse of nja careless .currently I'm serving in cross river.

Bros I love Ur home town for real. I want to reside thr and do business thr. Pls can u give me some info abt thr blue sapphire u talking abt?
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by mancheeutd(m): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
ayusco85:

Are you into the business? Lemme pm u if u don't mind.
well no qualms
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by ddjay: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
iliyande:
Mambilla Plateau Home of Tourism and Hospilaty located in the Southern Corner of Taraba state in NorthEastern Nigeria with an altitude of 1830 mt (6003.937 ft) and 2419 mt (7936.3517 ft) respectively above sea level.

source:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1054866394581547&id=263580363710158&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1054866394581547%3Atl_objid.1054866394581547%3Athid.263580363710158%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1467356399%3A8551227498322833982&__tn__=C
am sure Fulani people don eye d place finish,its eighter dey say the people are rustling their cows or d place has being marked as grazing reserve.ooo such beautiful place.and it shall remain Fulani free
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by naturefellow(m): 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
iliyande:
smiley
I love the view. Reminiscent of Hobbiton, New Zealand, the location for the Lord of the Rings, Hobbit movie. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by amosgaladima(m): 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
Wow my own state "Nature's Gift to the Nation". We have goodtime there and we grow that thing... the land fertile
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by jojotemitopaz(m): 6:14am On Jun 14, 2016
sulaiboy20:
yeah so true.. I served I that state .. the place is called GEMBU very cold ... missing that part every day..
served in mayo salbe in gashaka local govt. Visited gembu alot dem....waaaayyyyy more beutiful dan the pix above
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by skedy1(m): 6:23am On Jun 14, 2016
fairheven:
Nothing spectacular about the pictures, I know the place is far better than what you are showing us

Oh, I thought I was the only one who noticed!
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by jojotemitopaz(m): 6:24am On Jun 14, 2016
nas00:
Nguroje, where people live in the clouds smiley

Nobody can truly appreciate the beauty, the value, the thrill of Mambilla until he/ she visits the place.

All the way from Gashaka up the steeps into Mambilla, the traveler's thrill is second to none. Natural springs, monkeys, the bottomless gorges, winding route, beautiful scenery etc

Especially if you love Geography and like nature.

You've gotta love Mambilla.
u nailed it..i remember travelling dat road....tooo beautiful. Just too beautiful. Served in mayo selbe den. My camera took tooo many pictures as well. Six yrs ago naw and still miss d plsce
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by drberry(m): 7:06am On Jun 14, 2016
I love that place... Served in Taraba State and spent my last days there in Gembu and Vakude... Didn't feel like leaving the place again... The awesomeness is beyond words..

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by thugthang(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
I'm just asking cos I am from MBAMNGA.
SIRRDIQ:
He is right.....we have many beautiful plc than this.....were is Biyu da sisi Mountian?
were is Tapnya infact Manip Valley? Bang Road........Mbamnga land.......Tep River......Lip Bountry.....Ngoroje and kakara Tea.........op next time show them the real our real land that we are proud of
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by thugthang(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
I'm just asking cos I am from MBAMNGA. shocked
SIRRDIQ:
He is right.....we have many beautiful plc than this.....were is Biyu da sisi Mountian?
were is Tapnya infact Manip Valley? Bang Road........Mbamnga land.......Tep River......Lip Bountry.....Ngoroje and kakara Tea.........op next time show them the real our real land that we are proud of

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by SIRRDIQ(m): 6:02am On Jun 15, 2016
thugthang:
I'm just asking cos I am from MBAMNGA.
ok i School in Mamanga In the late 90s
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by thugthang(m): 7:36am On Jun 15, 2016
Wow,that's wonderful!!
SIRRDIQ:
ok i School in Mamanga In the late 90s
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by kechywillz(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2016
I was there sometime . It's a beautiful place with cold weather but govt neglected them
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by sulaiboy20(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
jojotemitopaz:
served in mayo salbe in gashaka local govt. Visited gembu alot dem....waaaayyyyy more beutiful dan the pix above

the pix not showing the beautiful part
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by sulaiboy20(m): 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
ayusco85:

Bros pls tell me more. Am an ex Corper too, but served in the east. I studied geology and mining and I am planning on relocating to gembu because of the mineral resources they ve. Pls are the people peaceful and trustworthy to do business with?

the main people there are Fulani / Cameroonian and little hausa ...
Northerner are good to do business with .. just that when crises turn up they don't remember their blood
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by ayusco85(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
sulaiboy20:

the main people there are Fulani / Cameroonian and little hausa ...
Northerner are good to do business with .. just that when crises turn up they don't remember their blood

OK. But how honest are they about the stones they are selling? Do they ve a high tendency to dupe someone? As in sell fake stone to someone?
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by sulaiboy20(m): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
ayusco85:

OK. But how honest are they about the stones they are selling? Do they ve a high tendency to dupe someone? As in sell fake stone to someone?

I don't know of any stone they are selling ... only knows about cow.. shikena
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by moshoodn(m): 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
Abba5800:

Hi bro,

How can one get there from Lagos?

Is there a direct flight to Taraba?
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by iliyande(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2017
moshoodn:

Hi bro,

How can one get there from Lagos?

Is there a direct flight to Taraba?

No flight to Taraba. There used to be TSTC flight from Abuja every Thursday but I can't say if it is still functional today

Go through Abuja from Lagos via Makurdi - wukari - Jalingo/Mutum Biu then Gembu
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by moshoodn(m): 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
iliyande:

No flight to Taraba. There used to be TSTC flight from Abuja every Thursday but I can't say if it is still functional today

Thanks for the information...

Funny enough, I had the opportunity to go there when I was in Benue.... But I let it slip.
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by moshoodn(m): 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
iliyande:

Please, how is the security situation like in those routes?

Thanks.
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by iliyande(m): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
moshoodn:

Please, how is the security situation like in those routes?

Thanks.

You don't need fear grin Taraba is very safe

There are cases of robbery sometimes but not rampant...
I will advise you to go through Jalingo.
If you need any clarification, pm me
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by moshoodn(m): 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
iliyande:

You don't need fear grin Taraba is very safe

There are cases of robbery sometimes but not rampant...
I will advise you to go through Jalingo.
If you need any clarification, pm me

Wow... Thanks all the way.

Firstly, for the prompt responses.

Secondly, for the route advise.

Thirdly.... For the PM offer... Will definitely seize that.

I actually intend going there with my wife.... What do you think? I guess it is a great place to bond
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by iliyande(m): 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
moshoodn:

Wow... Thanks all the way.

Firstly, for the prompt responses.

Secondly, for the route advise.

Thirdly.... For the PM offer... Will definitely seize that.

I actually intend going there with my wife.... What do you think? I guess it is a great place to bond

There won't be any problem..
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by mrsage(m): 6:09am On Feb 02, 2017
How about hotel accommodation?
Re: Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring by Sukersoc: 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
mrsage:
How about hotel accommodation?

Hello Bro.

Did you eventually make the trip to taraba? Please share your experience. I'm in search of a Christmas get away for my family and I; nature is usually my topmost choice.

Hoping to hear from you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Overloaded Vehicle Carrying Water Storage Tanks Spotted At Lagos-ota Express Way / Informations About Obudu Cattle Ranch / My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.