Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,198 members, 7,839,083 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. (2784 Views)

Diamond Bank, NYSC Unveil Portal For Graduate Employment / If You Apply For Subsea 7 Graduate Engineer Training Let Meet Here / 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 13, 2016
Earlier on, the Federal government announced the N-Power scheme which is aimed at providing employment for Nigerian graduation.
Here are some of the things you need to know about the N-Power Teacher corps programme to enable you understand what it entails:-
1. The programme is a product of N-Power, an initiative of the Federal Government, including various MDAs, agencies and ministries, which is aimed at curbing unemployment in the country by developing programmes to engage youths in entrepreneurship, skill development, handiwork and teaching, among others.
2. Applications are to start Sunday, June 12th, 2016 while the programme itself shall commence August 2016
3. The Teacher Corps is for HND, ND and B.sc/B.A/ B.Ed graduates, NCE
4. The Teacher Corps programme shall engage 500,000 unemployed graduates and deploy them to schools to teach
5. The programme is similar to the known National Youths Service Corps (NYSC)
programme and recruits must have completed the NYSC programme
6. The Teacher Corps is a VOLUNTARY service to the nation. IT IS NOT AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT but only an avenue to develop a skill-set and relevant experience as the youth applies for and gets better offers. The pay is ONLY AN INCENTIVE to encourage the corps
members.
7. The Teacher Corps recruitment is not AUTOMATIC! Prospective corps members shall fill an application, PASS AN APTITUDE TEST and other RELEVANT TESTS and show dedication to developing useful skillsets in the programme.
The applicant must also show willingness to get a job in the course of the programme.
8. The Teacher Corps programme is meant for ONLY those within the age brackets of 18-35 years. No more, no less!
9. Teachers will be posted in accordance with the laid down procedures of the group.
10. Technicalities such as reports/clearance will be in place to avoid “ghost-workers”!
11. The Teacher Corps recruits will work for ONLY TWO YEARS and whether or not they have a job, they have to leave so that others canparticipate.
12. Recruits must demonstrate reading, writing and teaching skills
13. Recruits have the burden on them to prove that they are currently unemployed whichever way they want
14. It is important to note that prospective corps members will be competing with millions of other Nigerians for this programme and so, they have to get their acts right if they want it
15. You MUST be COMPUTER LITERATE and ICT SAVVY before you can apply because reports are digitized in this programme
16. At the end of the programme, corps members will be presented with the National Skills Certificate
17. Monthly pay is pegged at N23000 which is commendable for a VOLUNTARY SERVICE TO THE NATION. While the pay may seem small given the cost of things in the country today, it should be noted that NO ONE is FORCED to
JOIN!!! If you want to participate, it is because you are truly unemployed and want to develop the relevant skills that will better your chances of employment.
18. Apart from teaching, N-Power is also into other health, agricultural, technological, ICT, animation, post-production, hardware/software development & repair and other voluntary programmes.

Source:- Confidential (But also available on Facebook)

1 Like

Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by Ay04z(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
good...
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Thank you. Please put down the link for registration
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by Koleman(m): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
Cool.. I love the " Its not compulsory part" that is for those ipods saying the stipends is too small. Pls and pls my honest plea goes out to all ipods. Pls do not apply. We the zombies do not need competition o.

1 Like

Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by zakstar(m): 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
Koleman:
Cool.. I love the " Its not compulsory part" that is for those ipods saying the stipends is too small. Pls and pls my honest plea goes out to all ipods. Pls do not apply. We the zombies do not need competition o.

Fg should increase the money to 120k instead of 23k
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
zakstar:

Dem do pay the 23k first?
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by abokikhalifa: 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
zakstar:

be sensible for ones
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by affairsnaija: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by Taeewo(m): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
U contradicted urself in number 3 and 5.....ND and NCE holder can't apply as dey cant provide NYSC cert...

2 Likes

Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by ikbnice(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
The website has crashed or has it been going?
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by zakstar(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
Guess the number of people applying for these would be up to one million
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by Stepoo: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
'Monthly pay is pegged at 23000' wtf
Re: 18 Things To Know Before You Apply For The FG 500,000 Graduate Employment Prog. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
Koleman:
lol, dnt really knw what to say here, but honestly you and i knw that with the way this country is blessed, a graduate deserves more than 23k(less than $100), i mean after your compulsory service to ur father land, they stil want u to do a kind of 2yr voluntary service to ur so called father land which doesnt even guaranty you a stay on the job, .....even if u save 23k for 2yrs, its less than 0.6 million naira, but its all well......bt for me i tink it will lovely favour those with B.Ed or NCE

(1) (Reply)

Sellafield Energy Resources Limited Graduate Trainee Program 2020 / Nim Membership / Resume And Application Is Needed Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.