Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You (448 Views)

The Last Portraits Of Muhammad Ali By Zenon Texeira / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You by dont8(m): 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lessons from the Greatest

Muhammad Ali inspired a generation with his lessons of perseverance, of hard work, of determination, and of giving. A former heavyweight boxer, he transcended beyond boxing to be known as one of the greatest sports figures of all time.

He said he was “the greatest.” Not many would argue with it, either. But he also said, “I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given.”

His many quotes are memorable because of their imagery and poetic qualities.

Though Muhammad Ali’s life journey has ended, his lessons and quotes will remain timeless reminders. From his passion to his philanthropy, Ali trail blazed his own path and stood out from the crowd.

Let his own words remind you that there’s a champion inside of you—because all of us have the opportunity to be great.
Re: 25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You by dont8(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
1. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can’t hit, what his eyes can’t see.

2. Don’t count the days; make the days count

3. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth

4. What you’re thinking is what you’re becoming

5. Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion

6. I’m no leader; I’m a little humble follower

7. I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want

8. Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even

9.It’s not bragging if you can back it up

10. It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you down. It’s the pebble in your shoe
Re: 25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You by dont8(m): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
11. Old age is just a record of one’s whole life

12. The man who has no imagination has no wings

13. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest

14. To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are

15. I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was

16. Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong

17. My way of joking is to tell the truth. That’s the funniest joke in the world

18. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion

19. What keeps me going is goals

20. Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer
Re: 25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You by dont8(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2016

21. Live every day as if it were your last because someday you’re going to be right

22. If you even dream of beating me, you’d better wake up and apologize

23. Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are

24. I’ve made my share of mistakes along the way, but if I have changed even one life for the better, I haven’t lived in vain

25. It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself

Cc: Lalasticlala
http://www.skipprichard.com/25-muhammad-ali-quotes-for-the-champion-in-you/
Re: 25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You by dont8(m): 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
Of all these great quotes by him, my favorite is no.18:

Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion

forgiveness:
These ones na small thing compare to the ones you never write.
You're right about that, there are so many of his quotes. Which is your favorite though?
Re: 25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You by forgiveness: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
These ones na small thing compare to the ones you never write.
Re: 25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You by Segadem(m): 11:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
No 2
Re: 25 Muhammad Ali Quotes For The Champion In You by ibez007(m): 4:25am On Jun 14, 2016
I am the Greatest 'Muhammad Ali', Mods are the ***kkest iyen okan Mi!. (in lord of Ajasa's voice)

(1) (Reply)

Football Match Free Now / Ibrahimovic To Retire From International Football After Euro 2016 / Jumping Into Conclusions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.