Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit (33646 Views)

ATM Withdrawal Limit In Nigeria For Naira Mastercard & Visa Card / 10,000 Withdrawal Limit- Signs Of Pending Bank Liquidation / Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit by itsmaleekbaby(m): 5:50am On Jun 14, 2016
Cashless is the way bro. If you doubt me, make your research. And my Zenith bank use only 7days or less for reversal. Gtb it's even automatic even on another ATM.

#itscommonsense
Re: Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit by Druhill(m): 6:42am On Jun 14, 2016
globatop:
What can naija do successfully?
That's a good question.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit by mfm04622: 8:13am On Jun 14, 2016
bennieman:
It does not make any sense to limit OTC cash withdrawals to N10,000. A lot of people are still outside the banking system and you cannot pay them via e-payment channels.

Imagine a case whereby you go to villages to buy products in order to sell in other locations. It will be impossible to pay most of such sellers because a very large number of them do not have bank accounts.

I also think the shortcomings of our e payment channels should first be perfected before we think of implementing such policies.

There are many products designed for this class of people. All they need is their phone and to be able to identify numbers which almost everybody can do. This will push them to adopt these products. The cost banks incur to serve customers is just too high and customers believe those services should be free. So banks are looking for ways to push customers to lower cost service delivery channels
Re: Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit by kmaxx(m): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2016
kolnel:
Who still go to banking hall to withdraw less than 140k ?
Cashless is the way to go

I still do ooh & I know am not alone on this.
Re: Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit by Akinaukwa: 9:56am On Jun 14, 2016
They are busy preparing more thieves so that once you withdraw with your ATM, they follow you like bees and guess what happens next, your money is taken away. Say a capital "NO" to the intended proposal.
Re: Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit by janvier27(m): 10:07am On Jun 14, 2016
I think there is a problem of interpretation. By my understanding, you can only withdraw 10k and above OTC.
Re: Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit by murmee: 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
Scholar8200:
The policy, if adopted, will lead to an increase in crime rate. Robberies at ATM sheds, Robberies in homes as people will keep cash at home for urgent transactionary purposes (to avoid the possible delay at the ATM sheds due to long queues and faulty machines.), highway robberies since traders will choose to carry liquid cash when travelling to avoid the frustration that comes with no network problems. Increase in cybercrimes as many semi-literate, illiterate etc who are novices in IT will be scammed and robbed of their hard earned monies.

The banks will also suffer as they will record low deposits from the masses especially the largely unbanked, informal sector. Besides, getting people to open accounts will be an uphill task. In fact, they will be hit by a tornado of frenzied withdrawals soon!

Moreover, the effort by DMBs to capture the informal sector will fail as these people, largely unlettered, will prefer to keep their physical cash rather than engage in the various e-payment platforms and all the possible issues that may arise.
Your submission makes perfect sense!!!
Re: Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit by Scholar8200(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
murmee:
Your submission makes perfect sense!!!
Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves / CBN Offical Tells Nigerians To Deposit Old Notes In Their Banks (Video) / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.