Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Should People Buy Used Goods? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should People Buy Used Goods? (415 Views)

Should People With Sickle Cell Have Their Choice In Matters Of The Heart? / If Health Insurance Is So Cheap In Nigeria, Why Don't People Buy? / Get Goods Which Can Be Organic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should People Buy Used Goods? by easrael(f): 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
I have discovered that countries where the economy isn’t as robust as its being advertised on the internet, used materials, goods and services or otherwise called second-hand is the order of the day.

Even apart from the economy being harsh in these countries, Nigeria being an example, people have seen this way as a means of cutting cost systematically.

This is one habit that many have grown into either by hook or crook, you see even the rich buying second-hand girlfriends these days so no one is left behind.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3835067_img20160530190710_jpeg4595f96f1c995c9d73d1aa4a140f64d2
People Buying Used Goods in Oshodi, Lagos, Nigeria.

I’d be looking at the merits and demerits of this act while I leave you to be the judge as usual.

For the merit, the only merit I personally see is that you’d be saving a whole lot of money while you buy through this medium.

For the demerits, I know most definitely that you cannot be rest assured of the condition of the product you’re buying, also, you cannot lay claims to a returns policy if it’s in a bad state. This for sure is what I know.

I would be sharing three experiences in this regard to explain the merits and demerits of this case.

From experience, I bought a Siynix water dispenser sometime early this year from one outlet in Lagos for my office, of course I bought it newly, the product is still in its brought home state which is serving me very well.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3835068_siynix1_jpegb3f0f7ff20f685b998aa4b8118764172
Photo of a Siynix water dispenser I bought for my office still in use.

I also remember when the Phantom 5 came out and there was a rush for it, I most definitely couldn’t afford it as at then, believe you me, I bought the phone 3 months after it came out from a friend, I saved loads kg money from this move and the phone is still serving it’s purpose wonderfully well.

The final experience I’ve had with buying used was actually one I cannot remember right now, so I encourage you to share your experiences with buying used as against new goods.
Re: Should People Buy Used Goods? by teelaweee(m): 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
second hand get grade o
Re: Should People Buy Used Goods? by SYINIX: 10:17am On Jun 22, 2016
WHY 2ND HAND GOODS IS NO-NO

lets look at this objectively,the only reason people go for fairly used products is because they are cheaper than the new products .Considering the economic situation of the the country at the moment, we can not totally say it is unreasonable to go for 2nd hand products .

But let us consider the disadvantages of buying fairly used products ...these disadvantages are endless as the only advantage in the purchase of fairly used goods is the price.
1. The heath implication:it is not healthy practice to buy 2nd hand ,because you dont not know how hygienic the privious user was or if the commodity has been used in a carcinogenic environment (cancer prone environment)

2.Most of these 2nd hand goods are not build to fit into Nigerian use and as such can not be as effective as new ones or most have been used way past their life span and as such can't last long enough after 2nd hand purchase.

3.Furthermore the price advantage that the 2nd hand goods pocess has been defeated by the afford-ability of the New brand Old friend Electronics Brand SYINIX

follow this Thread to know more about this brand

(1) (Reply)

UI Health Validates Cure For Sickle Cell In Adults / For Glaucoma And All Eye Issues, 0802.845.8659 / Premature Babies And Their Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.