Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Need Help Here - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Need Help Here (1247 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Here by harvey(m): 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2006
can anyone teach me how to prepare some igbo soup like usala,and oha.i love those soup.
Re: Need Help Here by chy(f): 9:19am On Nov 27, 2006
OHA SOUP

INGREDIENTS

Achi or Cocoyam
Meat -Cow /Goat
Stockfish
Dried Fish
Ground Pepper
Ground Crayfish
maggi Cubes
Oha
Uziza leaf
Palm Oil
Salt to taste

HOW TO PREPARE
PUT THE MEAT IN A POT TOGETHER WITH THE STOCKFISH ,ADD SALT AND PEPPER THEN BOIL
THEN WHEN THE MEAT IS DONE ADD A LITTLE WATER ,PALMOIL AND DRIED FISH ALLOW TO SIMMER
THEN YOU ADD THE ACHI THAT IS ALREADY GROUND OR IF YOU PREFER COCOYAM YPU WILL BOIL THE COCOYAM SEPARATELY WHEN IS DONE YOU REMOVE THE BACK AND POUND OR GRIND INTO PASTE THEN YOU ADD TO THE SOUP
WHEN IT THICKENS YOU CAN THEN ADD THE OHA LEAVES AND UZIZA LEAF(YOU HAVE TO SHRED THE LEAVES INTO TINY
BITS ) FOOD IS READY
Re: Need Help Here by harvey(m): 9:49am On Nov 27, 2006
thanks girl.i will like to know more.cos i like vegetables alot and ur dishes are mostle with vegetable
any more soup u know i will like?please i wanna know more
Re: Need Help Here by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2006
hhhhhhmmmmmm grin
Re: Need Help Here by harvey(m): 10:59am On Dec 25, 2006
@ThoniaSlim

do u even know how to cook.if u sure do,i wanna know what dishes u've got from where u from.and maybe give me some recipes.how about that?
Re: Need Help Here by CrazyMan(m): 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2006
Get married
and i assure you that you wife will teach you that's if she knows how to cook grin
Re: Need Help Here by harvey(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2006
hey.this man here is married.but my wife is not igbo ok.and i like some igbo dishes,i also want to suprise her with me doing the cooking of some new found dishes.
Re: Need Help Here by CrazyMan(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2007
Nguwa nu go back to school and read food and nutrition you might learn one or two things there
Re: Need Help Here by harvey(m): 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2007
@crazykid

na becos of igbo dishes go make me go back to school go study food and nutrition.na wah for u oh.if u no say u no get wetin i want just stay clear abeg.
Re: Need Help Here by CrazyMan(m): 9:24pm On Jan 06, 2007
Scratches head
wetin again i no get naw undecided
Re: Need Help Here by neelsel(f): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2007
Harvey, cooking? That's great,,,I see you are exploring your feminine side, that's just cute grin grin
Re: Need Help Here by eslynera(f): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2007
@topic, mhhh I really dunno.

(1) (Reply)

Back To This Ponmo Matter / Joystick - head' fish discovered in Vietnam with Pictures / Picture Of Garri Snack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.