Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live (8433 Views)

NNL Super 4: Obuh Unworried Over Kwara United Defeat To Go-round, Set For NPFL C / Play Win And Reward Me. / Nwakali Honored As MVP By Netherlands Prince In Presence Of Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Chibuzoc(m): 5:52am On Jun 14, 2016
Former U-17 and U-20 Coach, John Obuh has admonished the football authorities in the Country to celebrate Coaches and care for their welfare in their life and not after they die.

Obuh, who is currently the head coach of Nigeria National League side, Kwara United spoke with footballlive.ng on the neglect of coaches and former athletes whose death draw sympathizers but were not given much recognition in their life time.

Nigeria football was thrown into mourning last week when news of former national team Managers, Stephen Keshi and Amodu Shuaibu broke. The deaths came three days apart and amidst tributes being paid the icons, commitments have been made by the NFF as well as the Federal Government to immortalize them.

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/reward-me-here-on-earth-obuh-demand-coaches-be-honored-will-they-live/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 14, 2016
That's true. All this your reward is in heaven and co is getting too much. Why can't our political office holders wait and receive their reward in heaven? Mtchew!

13 Likes

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 14, 2016
ChEkWaSIyKe:
bros it is clear you have nothing to say. Why couldn't you just keep mute?

2 Likes

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 14, 2016
People are now getting wiser daily. There is no reward after death, there is no reward in heaven either. The only place we can be rewarded is here on earth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by sukkot: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2016
cheesy
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by henrydadon(m): 8:49am On Jun 14, 2016
grin..the only prayer am paying now is that in my next life..i dont want to come to this hell hole again called nigeria..this place is hell it self

2 Likes

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by alphamodel1(m): 8:50am On Jun 14, 2016
Copied : Lai mohammed
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Bilabong(m): 8:51am On Jun 14, 2016
dem go write "at the time we needed him the most"
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by bqlekan(m): 8:51am On Jun 14, 2016
cheesy
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by 5starmilitant: 8:52am On Jun 14, 2016
T
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by UnknownT: 8:52am On Jun 14, 2016
Once your salary is paid as at when due, which other reward we talking about? Sports men when the ovation is loudest will squander their money, when they go broke, they start talking about "government not appreciating them"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by AngelAhnie(f): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2016
OK
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by justi4jesu(f): 8:53am On Jun 14, 2016
Lmao... cheesy cheesy
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by egedege1(m): 8:54am On Jun 14, 2016
E pain am grin
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by SageTravels: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2016
I support and in Timaya's voice I CONCUR
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by hazyfm: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Your reward is in HEAVEN
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Genoma(m): 8:55am On Jun 14, 2016
Nigeria is one of the most hypocritical nation in the world(if not the most hypocritical), they do nothing to help you when you are alive but praise you wen u are dead. The question is of wat use is a praise to a dead man?

1 Like

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by truthspeaks: 8:55am On Jun 14, 2016
grin NFF n fed govt, owing coaches n players since 20BC
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by kamatofeelz(m): 8:55am On Jun 14, 2016
Just realized NIGERIA is not worth dying 4. see MKO, keshi, and amodu give dem 2week dem don forget d family who remember Ocholi again? D minister....... Too many problems in this country mehn
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by prinsam30: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2016
UnknownT:
Once your salary is paid as at when due, which other reward we talking about? Sports men when the ovation is loudest will squander their money, when they go broke, they start talking about "government not appreciating them"

the same government owed coaches 6 to 8 months salaries...

now who's the loudest squander my brother think before u comment
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2016
OK.

Dem dey owe u salary ?

John Obuh from Ohafia abi Arochukwu.

But guy has a very magnificient building in his village.
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by MadCow1: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3836616_coach_jpeg4916a7e3f7c786c47aa2843f8b1bf395

Argh!!

What ever happened to this guy? He had a really good outing with his team back then.

Anyways, Mr. Obuh, lets not get this matter twisted, you and other Coaches are Contractors to the Federal Government (Not Civil Servants).

You get paid a salary (based on the Contract you signed with the NFF). We will sing your praises and give you commendations when you win, when you lose, we will slate you because we don't PAY you to lose. The work you did for the National team was not philanthropic but strictly business thats why you and your players hold the nation to ransom when we don't pay you your match bonuses and the likes on time.

Please stop this emotional blackmail, its not working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by engrMikemd(m): 9:01am On Jun 14, 2016
spot on
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by teepsee(f): 9:02am On Jun 14, 2016
P
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by MightyPee: 9:03am On Jun 14, 2016
I hope the man is not wishing himself what am thinking, because he go do am like film tricks.

Don't joke with pinnick.
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by EMMYLBANKS(m): 9:05am On Jun 14, 2016
ok
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by donem: 9:09am On Jun 14, 2016
so true, that's just the way it ought to be.
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by obaival(m): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2016
He no want long story angry grin wink[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by daveP(m): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2016
NFF!!?

If you want to serve Nig in any sport, pls when the ovation is the loudest, set up a business that will sustain you in retirement, cos when your name don't appear in Complete Sports again, you are as good as forgotten, dead to them.

Imagine European clubs doing better than NFF when their former footballers die.

2 Likes

Re: Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live by Akinaukwa: 9:16am On Jun 14, 2016
After being paid your contract fee with other emoluments which other reward do you want?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have I Been Scammed? Pls It's Urgent (pics) / England V Germany: International Friendly (0 - 1) On 19th November 2013 / President Jonathan Congratulates Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.