Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Writing Your Own Story (making Of A Hero) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Writing Your Own Story (making Of A Hero) (484 Views)

Heros Of Biafra , Ojukwu And Nnamdi Not A Hero : Enugu Youth Cried Out. / How Nairaland Has Changed My Live, Share You Own Story / My Own Story. My Ordeal In The Hands Of Ivie - Edobor Okeikhan John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writing Your Own Story (making Of A Hero) by nugavilleshine: 8:05am On Jun 14, 2016
What makes us love most action movies? Why do we always cheer for the good guys? Why do we love a good story of challenge, perseverance and triumph?

Why makes these stories timeless?
The story of the hero has not changed for thousands of years. Since ancient times our traditions and culture venerate the myth of the hero on a mission. A hero leaves his or her home, faces challenges, triumphs and usually returns home as a changed man or women.
In 1990 the late American writer and intellectual Joseph Campbel wrote of the hero’s journey — the mythological journey that all men and women go through in life. He believed that the highest purpose in life was to complete this journey like some mythological voyage.

The Need For a Story
What makes a hero unforgettable is not their strength but rather their will. We admire their ability to transcend defeat and persevere. When we watch them we temporarily become them. We live vicariously through them. This is the lure of sports — an average person can experience the glory of the players.

read more@ http://www.kayanddan..com.ng
- Be Inspired

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways Pensioners / Is It A Taboo For A Christian To Break Fast With Muslims? / BREAKING NEWS: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.