Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala (3786 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / Toddler Dies After Eating Poisoned Rice (pictures Of Suspects) / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by bilymuse: 11:12am On Aug 29, 2009
[size=17pt]Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala[/size]
Olalekan Olabulo, Lagos - 29.08.2009

ABOUT five people were reported dead in Lagos on Friday morning after taken amala for sahur, while 20 people were unconscious. It was gathered that the people converged as early as 5.00 a.m. on the house of a philanthropist (name withheld) situated at Owode area, Ajah, Lagos State, to observe their mandated early morning breakfast known as saari.

Saturday Tribune gathered that other food consumed by the people who trooped to the place were semovita, rice and eba. According to a reliable source, those who took other food aside amala were hale and hearty.

The source also stated further that those affected most were motorcyclists, who besieged the resident on a daily basis to take their breakfast since the beginning of this year’s Ramadan.

It was gathered that the affected people started complaining of stomach pains when they were about to pray after the meal. But before they could be rushed to the nearby hospital, five of them had died, while others are still responding the treatment.

The source said further that a woman, her two children and an old woman were among the victims who are still receiving treatment in the hospital.

When contacted, the Lagos State Police Command image maker, Mr. Frank Mba, confirmed the incident, adding that investigation was going on to know the source of the incident

http://www.tribune.com.ng/29082009/news/news5.html
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by bilymuse: 11:13am On Aug 29, 2009
na wao
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2009
It's food poising and it could have been any food! Don't try to portray my beloved Amala as a bad food. . . grin
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Phemour: 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2009
shocked shocked
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2009
Phemour:

shocked shocked
Ojuyobo grin
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Phemour: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2009
jassie:

Ojuyobo grin
Its shocking. wink

Scary Amala grin
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by walelamina: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
I Actually Stay I Ajah N Am a muslim,,,There is sumtin to this situation,,,THorough investigation has to be done,,,I mean the man has been doin this rewarding acts of Allah since n nuffin has been happenin,,,,Even Story has it that the mans child n wife re currentli amng pple receivn treatment in d hospital,,,,they av 2 just investigate d matter well,,,the man mite not knw anyfn bout it
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Donvilo(m): 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2009
Such a mystery. cry
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Jarus(m): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2009
wow. . . this event don reach Nairaland. Happened just a stonethrow from my house.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by stone07(m): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2009
You better stop eating Amala as from today and start with wheat .
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by stone07(m): 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2009
stone07:

You better stop eating Amala as from today and start with wheat .
man shall not live by bread alone.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Phemour: 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2009
Jarus:

wow. . . this event don reach Nairaland. Happened just a stonethrow from my house.
Stop eating Amala plz, Bro. . . .i know you lyk it wela grin
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by oge4real(f): 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2009
This is indeed a tragedy. cry cry cry
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by estagirl(f): 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2009
stone07 help us to advice amala lovers to pls change for wheat, eba or semovita
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2009
Awufu dey run belle.Yeye people,eating amala at 5am.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by blackmann(m): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2009
And how are u so sure that come tomorrow, it won't be Killer wheat and killer eba, oh ye amala h8ers?

redsun:

Awufu dey run belle.Yeye people,eating amala at 5am.

And what is wrong in eating amala at 5am? are they no longer entitled to sahur anymore?
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2009
It shows how dangerous all those blind beliefs could be.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by blackmann(m): 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2009
What so-called blind beliefs? are u saying that fasting in a holy month according to the way it is stated is wrong?
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2009
Fasting is for obese people to cut down on fat or sometimes for detox when your body is feeling a bit down.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by blackmann(m): 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2009
redsun:

Fasting is for obese people to cut down on fat or sometimes for detox when your body is feeling a bit down.

If this is ur only reason why u think pple fast, guy i suggest u do some more research.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2009
blackmann:

If this is your only reason why u think pple fast, guy i suggest u do some more research.

What else should make a rational person fast?oh maybe to cut rations in times of hardship.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by kamalydeen(m): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2009
Amala what can cause the tragedy
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by blackmann(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2009
redsun:

What else should make a rational person fast?oh maybe to cut rations in times of hardship.

Have u heard of the holy month of Ramadan b4? Do u know the reasons and morals behind it? Do u know why muslims choose to fast during that month, and also every mondays and Thursdays?
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2009
blackmann:

Have u heard of the holy month of Ramadan b4? Do u know the reasons and morals behind it? Do u know why muslims choose to fast during that month, and also every mondays and Thursdays?

Abeggie,tell it to the birds.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by blackmann(m): 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2009
redsun:

Abeggie,tell it to the birds.

I don't blame u. That's why the Lord said "Forgive them, for they don't know wat they say".
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2009
blackmann:

I don't blame u. That's why the Lord said "Forgive them, for they don't know wat they say".

You are talking to a lord.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by blackmann(m): 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2009
Lord of what? Amala abi?
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2009
blackmann:

Lord of what? Amala abi?

Lord of whatever makes sense to you.I know very little makes sense to you though but like the saying goes,the simple might inherit the earth.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by blackmann(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2009
Can u see why they call pple like your type ignorant? Cos u dnt know the reason behind something doesn't neccessarily make pple that do it "blind" like u refer.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2009
blackmann:

Can u see why they call pple like your type ignorant? Cos u dnt know the reason behind something doesn't neccessarily make pple that do it "blind" like u refer.

I wish u can see what i see.Freedom is priceless.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2009
Una sabi talk oh. Well d deed is done. End of thread.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by WildOne(f): 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2009
I just ordered a bowl of pop-corn (hoping it doesn't contain the stuff in that deadly amala) hustled a seat by the ringside. Blackmann and Redsun, let round 2 of "Fight Of The Amala" start abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Do You Prefer? Life Chicken, And Frozen Chicken...... / How To Make Pounded Yam In A Blender Or Food Processor / How To Prepare Efo Riro With Pounded Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.