Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors (1856 Views)

Real Estate Investing For Any Income Earner / Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by mrquestion: 11:48am On Aug 29, 2009
Pls Which Of This Investment Is The Best For Small Capital Investors?

Pls Nlanders i need an advice on wether to invest my small capital in the stock market or do you think the real estate is more better? because i,am scared of the bear that is still tearing the market. pls your advice is highly appreciated. thanks.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by thithi(f): 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2009
if you have enuf money to invest in the real estate market, i will advice u dont even think twice, that seems to be the only investment that will never fall for the next little while, but make sure it is in a marketable area
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by markmogul: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2009
Id advise u to go into d stockmarket for d following reasons
the realestate market requires quite a lot of fund to go into<at least 500k minimal >
the stockmarket is at its lowest period in years and with d application of some fundamental principles one is assured of steady returns ad infinitun
real estate investment is quite illiquid ie difficult to quickly dispose for urgent cash
stock prices are at such a depressed low that dividend appreciation and bonus would make u realize ur capital and dispose of in less than 2 yrs this cant happen in real estate.

Enjoy
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by bayourgold: 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2009
it depends on how you are looking at it, both are very good asset which must have in your portfolio. If you have enough cash, i will implore you make use of what we called ASSET ALLOCATION, because asset reacts to different economy situation over period of time. Better still, read my posting about ASSET ALLOCATION. Good luck!
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by thithi(f): 12:35am On Sep 01, 2009
markmogul:

the realestate market requires quite a lot of fund to go into<at least 500k minimal >
the stockmarket is at its lowest period in years and with d application of some fundamental principles one is assured of steady returns ad infinitun
real estate investment is quite illiquid ie difficult to quickly dispose for urgent cash
stock prices are at such a depressed low that dividend appreciation and bonus would make u realize your capital and dispose of in less than 2 yrs this cant happen in real estate.

Enjoy

You have a point there, but in nigeria where a man that has so many coys listed on the NSE is the president of same NSE, i will be careful
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by kodewrita(m): 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2009
you talk about small capital and at the same time you talk about real estate. they dont seem to match unless the capital is enough to build or buy a house.

Mind you, most people are narrow-minded, and all they know about real estate is to buy and sell the house.

Sometimes, real estate is about buying the house and then selling services through it.

IDEA: build a tiny hostel for any of those non-residential schools. sells like wildfire.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by waleluv1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
For a small capital investor as you said, the best for you is stock market investing, real estate investment
is for the big bros, who knows one day you migth join the list.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by kodewrita(m): 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2009
A Note of caution. You could get burned. I just got burned. September I invest 130k in Union Bank . this is November and 130k is now worth exactly 65k. Now I am hearing news that Union Bank is the greatest loser in Nigerian history (Yep LOSER, they should have that as a stock ticker cos they just declared the greatest loss-after-tax in nigerian corporate history).

Measure thrice, cut once. That means you should be extra cautious and ALWAYS HAVE AT LEAST ONE VALID REASON FOR ANY PURCHASE OR SALE.

ALWAYS TEST YOUR REASONS.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by monopolist: 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2009
IDEA: build a tiny hostel for any of those non-residential schools. sells like wildfire.

GREAT IDEA
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by smooooooth: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2009
for small time investors, the stock market is the place for u as real estate requires huge capital. what u need is a sound security analyst that can guide u on stocks to buy m that will yield good return no matter the weather in the market, and its good u have a long term goal. goodluck!
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by Tospej: 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2009
Mrquestion,

It all depend on the amount you have. If you dont have enough to do a foundation on a land Please and please dont go near real Estate. Beware of the OMO ONILES.

This is not the right time to invest in stocks too. The bear is wicked, no one can predict its next prey. It eats to the bones these days.

Determine your motive/Objective of the Investment. Long, medium and short.

Consider the amount

evaluate the risk

Look for a fixed Investment. ASSET MANAGERS.

I recommend PENINSULA ASSETS MANAGEMENT & INVESTMENT COMPANY.

Call Peju on 08024769676

You may wish to call me too 01-7390760
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by eplanner: 9:40am On Nov 30, 2009
I have like 5 acres of land at Ibeju Lekki (Lekki Free Trade Zone), it is situated behind ARM Beechwood estate.
The price per plot goes for 2 million naira. if you are interested you can call this number :08034949792 or email me at ardourjewels@ymail.com.
You have the opportunity to inspect the place.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by rbn: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2009
The stock market is the best only one need to be very careful as wellas understand the narket. Real estate actually required a huge capital to invest in.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by felele(m): 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2009
e-planner:

I have like 5 acres of land at Ibeju Lekki (Lekki Free Trade Zone), it is situated behind ARM Beechwood estate.
The price per plot goes for 2 million naira. if you are interested you can call this number :08034949792 or email me at ardourjewels@ymail.com.
You have the opportunity to inspect the place.

If it is behind Beechwood estate, it CANNOT be in the Free Trade Zone area. If in the description of the location of your property, you're already telling blatant lies, I would advise ALL to proceed with EXTREME CAUTION. This man may be a fraudster.

The Lekki Free Trade Zone is at least another 20 minutes drive (at 100kph) from Beechwood Estate.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by rasputinn(m): 6:20am On Dec 02, 2009
thithi:

if you have enuf money to invest in the real estate market, i will advice u dont even think twice, that seems to be the only investment that will never fall for the next little while, but make sure it is in a marketable area

The highlighted is very true.Also make sure you do your very sound due diligence to avoid omo onile and other encumberances,I know of peeps who have lost plots of land to the antics of omo niles,one even lost a whole acre,he said he couldn't make trouble
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by rasputinn(m): 6:25am On Dec 02, 2009
markmogul:

stock prices are at such a depressed low that dividend appreciation and bonus would make u realize your capital and dispose of in less than 2 yrs this cant happen in real estate.

Enjoy

It would depend on his investment mentality and the reason for investing,either to trade or build wealth.If to trade,stay off the stock market now,if to build wealth,then heed the advice of Warren Buffet;don't pick stocks,buy great companies
Do you know that even with all the hulabaloo about market crash on the NSE,some stocks like Nigeria breweries,Guiness etc did not lose a KOBO rather they appreciated ALL THROUGH THE PERIOD
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by rasputinn(m): 6:28am On Dec 02, 2009
thithi:

You have a point there, but in nigeria where a man that has so many coys listed on the NSE is the president of same NSE, i will be careful

Caution is a virtue to be applied in any investment type not just the stock market.BTW Aliko Dangote and Oba Otudeko don't own allthe companies on the NSE.Their's are not even among the top five fundamentally sound stocks on the exchange
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by pregnant: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
I prefer you go for real estate, it keeps appreciating everyday, the stock market is like gambling, but with real estate your sure of your investment.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by MrSam3: 7:05pm On Dec 04, 2009
Real estate and stock market investment are (both) very good, but then I will advise that you start with stock investment given your level of income according to you. But you must employ the services of a reliable stockbroker. If you don't mind, you can contact Hope Eno or Sanmi Akindipe through the back page of Success Digest Extra, they are both good. Best of luck.

erommon2000@yahoo.com
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by whatalife: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
@mrquestion,
Depending on your capital and appetite for risk,My business made 10million naira in the last two years, Despite the fact that i started real estate business ,a friend talk to me to invest about 4million naira in the stock market,(he said the 4million could be 12-16million) in 6 months, the temptation was so great that i visited cashcraft in lagos(somewhere in yaba).I change my mind at the wee hour. Spend every penny on my pet project.The rest is history now in the nigeria stock market.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by willichi(m): 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2009
@whatalife,where did you invest the money that made u so much?
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by whatalife: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2009
@willichi ,
I made the 10million from running 3 cafes and running wireless internet service to clients around me.Competion is keen now and business is slowing down.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by whatalife: 11:12am On Dec 13, 2009
@willichi ,
I made the 10million from running 3 cafes and running wireless internet service to clients around me.Competion is keen now and business is slowing down.
I invested every penny (10million naira)into real estate business.
Re: Real Estate Vs Stock Market Investing For Small Capital Investors by rbn: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2009
That is exactly the point, you need to have a huge capital to invest in in Real estate.
Stock market remains the right option for small market.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Get My Account Credited By Kuda Bank? / Make Extra Money Selling Data Without Any Start Up Capital. / Business Plan For Profitable Sugarcane Juice Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.