Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form (1055 Views)

Need Help On Html Mailto Form / Can Someone In The House Give Me The Html Code For Mailto, Or Tell Me How To : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by ztyle(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2009
Hey all,

I need help on a how to setup a form page, i try using the "Fontpage mailto Form" is not workinq.

Please i want to know how to set it up using MS fontpage.

Urgent help pls.
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by mambenanje(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2009
get your hands dirty and learn how to build a SIMPLE CONTACT FORM with php
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by ztyle(m): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2009
mambenanje:

get your hands dirty and learn how to build a SIMPLE CONTACT FORM with php
How will dat work? when my server don't support php, i'm currently using 50webs.com!!
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by mambenanje(m): 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2009
well I guess if you check very well 50webs.com supports php.
if you dont use their site builder but host your own files
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by yawatide(f): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2009
zstyle, I support what mambe as it is better for you in the long run. To answer your question in the "now", just google for it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=frontpage+form+mailto&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Good luck!
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by ztyle(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2009
mambenanje:

well I guess if you check very well 50webs.com supports php.
if you dont use their site builder but host your own files
but i'm not use to PHP, how do i go abt it? beside my works are base on HTML.

Don't you know how to work on FontPage Form? undecided
yawa-ti-de:

zstyle, I support what mambe as it is better for you in the long run. To answer your question in the "now", just google for it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=frontpage+form+mailto&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Good luck!
Please don't bring Google into this, i'm sick of using it, i don search tire undecided!!!it's don't seem to be working, so i'm seekinq help from NL.
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by mambenanje(m): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2009
you cannot make a form send an email without a server side application. hence you need php, java, C#, perl, python or any of the server side programming languages to makee even the frontpage form send a mail. unless you wish that it launches microsoft outlook or the default email client on the visitors computer
good luck
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by ztyle(m): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2009
mambenanje:

you cannot make a form send an email without a server side application. hence you need php, java, C#, perl, python or any of the server side programming languages to makee even the frontpage form send a mail. unless you wish that it launches microsoft outlook or the default email client on the visitors computer
good luck
Okay understood, So what do u suggest or recommend? aleast to make it easy for me.
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by mambenanje(m): 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2009
like I said:
get your hands dirty and learn how to build a simple contact form with php or similar web server languages
good luck
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by ztyle(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2009
mambenanje:

like I said:
get your hands dirty and learn how to build a simple contact form with php or similar web server languages
good luck

You mean i should google it?
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by mambenanje(m): 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2009
I mean you should learn how to make a simple contact form with html and php.
here http://www.kirupa.com/web/php_contact_form.htm
hope it helps you understand how it works and how to go about it
regards
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by yawatide(f): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2009
na wa o! simple question has turned into wrestle mania tongue

Your web host should have a perl script and tutorial on how to integrate it with your form. Ask them. I have done a site for a client where I wasn't allowed to use my own php script and so I reverted to calling their own perl scripts.

Ask them and I am sure they will help out.
Re: Help - Fontpage Mailto: Form by ztyle(m): 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2009
mambenanje:

I mean you should learn how to make a simple contact form with html and php.
here http://www.kirupa.com/web/php_contact_form.htm
hope it helps you understand how it works and how to go about it
regards
Thanks Dude, i'm there now, checkin it out, i will post feedback soon. smiley
yawa-ti-de:

na wa o! simple question has turned into wrestle mania tongue

Your web host should have a perl script and tutorial on how to integrate it with your form. Ask them. I have done a site for a client where I wasn't allowed to use my own php script and so I reverted to calling their own perl scripts.

Ask them and I am sure they will help out.
Na you know!!! anyway make i waka i don get wetin i come find. tongue

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Guide On How To Develop A Bandwidth Management System / What Do You Think About Ihostafrica.com / Anonymous Hackers Hit Cia, Un Web Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.