Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

How To Hide A Folder/file On Your Laptop/pc And Make It Invisible - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Hide A Folder/file On Your Laptop/pc And Make It Invisible (867 Views)

MAXIMUS 11.6" Laptop PC (2 Months Used) @ 25K / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) / How To Easily Connect Your Laptop/pc To Your Television Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Hide A Folder/file On Your Laptop/pc And Make It Invisible by Tremendouswap(m): 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Please visit http://www.galaxywap.com/2016/06/how-to-hide-folderfile-on-your-laptoppc.html
to get good view and screenshots regarding this tutorial.

Sometimes we think of hiding files that may be relevant to you, and you may not want to disclose it to others, but taking the action lies the problem.
Today, i'm going to disclose to you a trick that will enable you to hide folders on your computer without making use of any third-party software, it is simple to carryout as it requires no special skills.
How to hide your folder(s)
Please follow the steps below accordingly to get a perfect job well done.
=> Right-click on the folder you wish to hide
=> Select Rename
=> Now press the Alt key and from the Numeric keypad, type in 0160.
At this point, your folder is now nameless.
But it is still visible because it has a photo(thumbnail) attached on it.
Now, to hide that thumbnail and make it completely invisible, follow these steps;
=> Right click on the folder
=>Select Properties
=>Go to Customize tab
=>Select Change Icon
=>choose an invisible thumbnail (icon) see the picture below.…
=> Press OK
Now your folder is completely invisible. Yo may be unable to locate your own folder.
Don't worry, here is the solution.
Since you were the one that set this up at the first place, you can always remember that a folder is hidden and to make use of it, make use of the guidelines below..
From your Desktop or Location where the hidden folder is
=>Press Ctrl+A or rather
=>Drag and select via your cursor.
Then It will be easily visible.
See screenshot below

If you don't understand this post, please visit the link below to get a dynamic view of this tutorial as well as screenshots.
http://www.galaxywap.com/2016/06/how-to-hide-folderfile-on-your-laptoppc.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Features On Facebook / I Need A Screen For My HP Laptop Dm4 / Problem With My Flash Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.