Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) (2724 Views)

Glo #1000 Has Been Doubled Back! / Jumia Is A Scam..... (PICS) / A Must Read:why Mtn Wow Weekend Data Bonus Is Truly A Scam! Pics evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by flexydote(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
In the search for a better and cheaper data plan (because the country is hard this period) I took the last 1k I had with me and bought a Glo recharge card and dialed *777# and followed the instructions the subscribe for the 1k : 2GB for 30days.

After a minute I got a text confirming the the success of my transaction but then I looked closely and discover the subscription will expire that same day shocked. I thought it was only a minor mistake that would not do nor harm but to my surprise the next day I got a text saying my subscription have expired.

See me na that was only trying to apply for the N-power Teacher Corps and the painful part is that I didn't even succeed in finishing the application process because the site was not loading at a point.

Now I tried calling the customer care (121) after waiting for 30 minutes a picked up and referred me again to call another number (444). After another 15mins the agent told me there is nothing she can do that "the subscription has expired"
What Nonsense
Abeg o make una help me ask GLO, shey if na say I finish the MB wey suppose to even last for 30days no be "your subscription has been exhausted" wey I suppose see?

Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by Coolgent(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Sorry Op Glo are Scam
I bought their 6gb for 2k since last week but aint enjoying it at all due to their network fluctuation from 2g to 3g
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by flexydote(m): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
E pain me o, I no lie. E for better say I use the money make call finish.
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by jflexy(m): 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lol, u people are not serious, u use ur glo data for streaming and expect it to last, use glo flat instead of glo secure, stop streaming online for long period of time, glo isn't a scam and d network strength depends on ur location, I've been using glo data since last year and I've got no problem with them.

6 Likes

Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by anthney87: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
flexydote:
E pain me o, I no lie. E for better say I use the money make call finish.
I have been using the glo #1000 for 2gig for two weeks now and I am so glad of it. I use it on both my android and lap op and it is the best unlike Airtel . so if you had used it for streaming or maybe auto update of apps and games the don't blame them.
It is a gud plan bro and I am enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by Elnino4ladies: 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
How do i check my remaing data na?
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by Elnino4ladies: 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
anthney87:
I have been using the glo #1000 for 2gig for two weeks now and I am so glad of it. I use it on both my android and lap op and it is the best unlike Airtel . so if you had used it for streaming or maybe auto update of apps and games the don't blame them.
It is a gud plan bro and I am enjoying it.
hoq do u check your data?
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
jflexy:
Lol, u people are not serious, u use ur glo data for streaming and expect it to last, use glo flat instead of glo secure, stop streaming online for long period of time, glo isn't a scam and d network strength depends on ur location, I've been using glo data since last year and I've got no problem with them.
Abi o, as far as I'm concerned glo is still the best, i use the same 1k: 2gig he's complaining about
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
How do i check my remaing data na?
*127*0#
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by J4parry(m): 11:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Bros u sef, that last sms shows u had about a 110MB left, so ur data must have been exhausted, cos before they start sending you messages of renewal on glo, u must have been near the limit of your data allowance. So there is no scam here bro, u were running a data consuming app or probably streaming from the sms screenshots above.
Glo is far more better than Airtel in terms of data burn rate (speaking from experience though, for me MTN n Etisalat works optimally at that than the aforementioned ISPs).
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by comeandmarry: 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
I did glo and its the third week,im praying for dem,ita slow.speed between 20KBPS TO 200KBPS DAYTIME.
Cheap things are useless.
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by tunaguy(m): 12:52am On Jun 15, 2016
You guys can't see the scam here and u talking rubbish something thast supposed too expire in 30 days expired in just 5 hours or so did you except op not too use is 2gn b4 d werey networks cut him off

1 Like

Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by ultraGM: 1:48am On Jun 15, 2016
tunaguy:
You guys can't see the scam here and u talking rubbish something thast supposed too expire in 30 days expired in just 5 hours or so did you except op not too use is 2gn b4 d werey networks cut him off

Maybe your eye they send wrong message to your brain. Go check the 1st picture, he subscribe around 21:01PM yesterday, and he exhausted it by 9AM follow day, he must have being watching youtube, so whats the scam, in fact am posting with GLO 18Gb for 4K now

1 Like

Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by seunlayi(m): 4:18am On Jun 15, 2016
ultraGM:

Maybe your eye they send wrong message to your brain. Go check the 1st picture, he subscribe around 21:01PM yesterday, and he exhausted it by 9AM follow day, he must have being watching youtube, so whats the scam, in fact am posting with GLO 18Gb for 4K now
Op is new to Internet subscription, he wasted his data on maybe pending updates on window and phone with the better network at his location and he is now lamenting. Check your phone data usage, you will discover that you actually wasted it. Call glo cc and say sorry to glo. Glo will never cheats on that, they are the best in that aspect, others even copied from them

2 Likes

Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by Adeoba10(m): 5:01am On Jun 15, 2016
Useless Op.... Your first pix shows 13/07/2016, dat should be next month. So u v budgeted all ur application updates on 2gig, now u rush come Nairaland dey cry foul.

1 Like

Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by LORDI(m): 5:10am On Jun 15, 2016
Currently using glo 2k for 6gig,works perfectly.
Had to leave mtn after launch the of their new Data plans.
The way mtn sucks data ehn,1.5gig doesn't last for a week.
GLO is the best
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by Kwonder(m): 6:25am On Jun 15, 2016
Curently using glo 2500 for 10Gb... so far, everything is kosher... Get your faCTS right cool

1 Like

Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by OmichaelO: 8:02am On Jun 15, 2016
flexydote:

After a minute I got a text confirming the the success of my transaction but then I looked closely and discover the subscription will expire that same day shocked. I thought it was only a minor mistake that would not do nor harm but to my surprise the next day I got a text saying my expired
Come on, that's 13th July not June. that alone practically flawed your allegation.

you assumed it will expire same day, then you probably used it as you like so you won't feel cheated, if your remaining data was wiped out

I've been using the same plan for two weeks now and I've sharing for 3 people and I still have.0.8GB left.

And for people saying it's slow, change your location,because I literally switch to EDGE to save data sometimes.
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by flexydote(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2016
jflexy:

@jflexy I did not stream any video. Only what I did was to try and register for the Npower program which the site was not even opening. So I left it that night to resume in the morning only to see that my MB has expired not Finished oo "expired".

For me expired means the you have exceeded the validity period. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by rumenase(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2016
Guy abeg you dey lie Na d Glo I dey use since 3weeks ago
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by casig: 11:48am On Jun 15, 2016
@OP, look carefully again at the date on the first screen shot you posted. It's 13/07/16. That's the 13th of JULY 2016. That means you had 30 days to use your data. It's either there's something you're not telling us or something in your phone or PC you weren't aware of that wiped your data.
I've been using GLO for a long time now without any problems at all.
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by BLWeb: 11:53am On Jun 15, 2016
Op you should have made your claim clear but you missed it now you are the one who is the joker
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by anthney87: 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
hoq do u check your data?
send INFO to 777
Re: Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics) by joenor(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
My Broda tell them... You can eat your Cake n have it
jflexy:

(1) (Reply)

Itel It5620 / Help! My Tecno Wx3pro Brightness Adjustment Settings Is Not Working / Opera Introduces A New Smartphone Brand Called Olla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.