Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

My Testimony Part 1; How I Was Called To The Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Testimony Part 1; How I Was Called To The Ministry (621 Views)

Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Testimony Part 1; How I Was Called To The Ministry by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
Pls Brethrens in the house....
I will be sharing my experiences on how i perceived a call to ministerial work....
I will indeed be blessed with your comments and objections as the case maybe....

The aim of this is to know if it is a true calling or just a normal thing....

Pls if you are not spiritually filled by the Holy Spirit... don't comment at all.
thank you for your comments.....
Re: My Testimony Part 1; How I Was Called To The Ministry by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
MY TESTIMONY PART 1
PART 1
Let me start by saying last some years ago I followed a friend of my to his church, it is not actually his church but that of his girlfriend.
When we got there at about past 9’O clock or thereabout, the service was well on the way. It reached the part where they had to introduced/welcome the first timers. They said all first timers should stand up so that they can be recognized, and be formally welcomed to the church. I think we were about 3 or 4 persons as first timers (can’t really remember the number we were) but I didn’t stand up because I just didn’t like standing up in a public place. Well the church is not that large in numbers that they wouldn’t be able to differentiate between the regulars and the first timers.
After the close of service some ushers came and they welcomed all of us and that was how I became a member of the church.
After some Sundays had gone, there was one Sunday like that after service, the residence pastor sent one of the usher to inform me that he would want me to see him after the close of service. I said ok, that there would be no problem about that at all. So I waited.
When the service had ended, I went to the pastor to know why he was calling me. So he introduced himself and I as well introduced myself. Then he said he would want me to work in the church, he would want me to head the publicity department in the church. (Which did not exist). I said no problem. Then he replied “there is problem oh”. I did not know why he said so thou, though I didn’t ask him why. After all said and done I could not do the task. And I stop going to the church. I ran.
Fast forward to when the church had to do their let’s go fishing (It is a ritual for any area church to do after it had exited for like 5/6 or 7 years (within those range). So the said church created another of it’s branch and it was a little closer to my house, and due to the occasional visitation I received from some of the members of the mother church, I decided to start the new branch.
The first Sunday I went to the church, the residence pastor welcomed me and said since the young man that was ushering the church travelled that I will be the next usher for the church. On my hearing this, after that Sunday, I never went to the church again. I ran again.
There was one faithful working day, when I was going to work ( I was working as an apprentice in one of the shops at UBTH complex pending when God will answer my prayers for admission). A young man walked to me, he said “I used to see you around, and when I am passing this area I always see you play football along the road on Sunday mornings, he said if I were you, I will go and make myself useful in the church. He said he didn’t know me, but he thinks God wants me to work for Him. On hearing this, I was so disturbed that I said I must start going to church again. But I did not instead I was carried away with the love of football and material things which I never had. I refused and ran again.
After I had stopped working in the above mentioned, I sat for JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Exam) for the third time and I passed. Because I had told myself that this one was going to be my last. So Post UTME came I registered for it, put in Accounting as my first choice of study and Banking and Finance as my second choice of study and I passed the cut-off mark. When I told my mother and my friend (my friend was a graduate already in the same university) about my score, they were all happy. My friend was very happy and he said I have made it that I can start preparing my fees and all the things I would need in school. I was happy as well, because I had waited long enough for this.
But to my greatest surprise, the first batch admission list came out my name was not included. I was so sad, pained and depressed on seeing that. Then it was done on me that the second admission list would definitely be my last hope.
On one faithful day; I left my house and I went to a junction close to my house to observe nature. On sitting there, I saw a young man and some ladies approaching my direction “oooooooh! All this evangelist again” I said to myself. So they came to where I was sitting and the young man introduced himself as Brother Kenneth alongside the other sisters as Sister Precious and Sister Joy. And then he started sharing the word of God with me and referencing some verses in the bible. It got to some point when his message was becoming interesting, I then said to him, “sorry Bro Ken, can I ask you some questions” he said no problem that I should ask, and I said “ever since you gave your life to Christ, what has God done for you? Have you been enjoying this thing you are doing?” or rather has this thing you are doing been easy for you? Then he smiled and said “of a truth, this gospel am preaching and the bible with me has not being easy”, he said “but ever since I gave my life to Christ, I found myself doing what I never could have imagine doing, to say the least I have peace of mind with me now and my faith in God had increase ever since then”. After all much said and done, he left a flier with me and told me to make it a date with them the next day which is on Sunday.
I think that was how I started attending their church.
Fast forward till when the church held a program. Can’t really remember the particular theme, but I know they invited one Man of God from Lagos named (name withheld). The program was a three day program which would end on Sunday that same week. I didn’t attend the previous days but on Sunday which was supposed to be the last day of the program. After the prayers, deliverance and sermon, it was time for everybody to come out so that the man of God can anoint their hands. So he started applying the anointing oil on the hands of various persons one after the other. When it got to my turn, I stretched forth my hand for it to be anointed by the oil with the man of God, but He would not touch my hand instead he would go to the next person. I tried for like three times but the same thing happened. “it was obvious I would have to wait let everybody finish anointing there hand before I would probably be anointed by the man of God” I said to myself and I waited.
After he had finished with everybody, he then turned to me and the word that came out of his mouth was “Why are you running” “God is calling you”, and then he anointed my hand and told me to see him at the close of service. I did as he instructed and I went to see him after I had waited for him to finish with those persons he also told to see him.
When it reached my turn, I went to him and he asked me a lot of questions which I answered and he told said “there is something special about you” God is calling you” and he told me to go pray for wisdom from God.
“Woow! Wisdom” and I said to myself; “how did this man know exactly what I had been asking God for.”
After everything, I said to myself that I would try and look for something doing for God, but I didn’t, instead I ran again.
Re: My Testimony Part 1; How I Was Called To The Ministry by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
MY TESTIMONY PART 2

From the course of part 1, I made mention of my name not coming out of the first admission list. Well, there was one particular Sunday like that when the residence pastor had to make an alter call with the aim of letting the members of the church to table their matter before God. He said if you want God to do anything in your life or you are waiting upon the Lord for something/anything at all, that they should come out and sow a seed to the Almighty God. (being that I have being asking God for admission, at least let my name come out in the second admission list). So I came out, though I didn’t have any money with me there, but I promised God a particular sum of money, and promised to pay the following Sunday. Well I did redeem the seed as promised.
To how wonderful God could be, my name came out and I was given admission in the second admission list
Some Sundays after the wonderful work God had done, I testify to His name but I did not include the particular reason why I was thanking him. I mention some previous things God did in my life and the life of my family and also how he had bestowed on me and good and sound health in the course of the testimony.
And everybody was happy been it the first time I would come out and do such a thing since have been attending the church.
After the testimony, if you could remembered, at the ending part of part 1, I made mention of how I promised God that if He grants me the admission, I would never be far from Him house, and I would work for Him all the days of my life. But did I do it. The answer was capital NO. I ran again.
Now fast forward to when my Sister came back from school, having been away from us for quite some time. She actually came to spend the holiday with us. So one particular Friday she came to me to inform me about their all night programme. On my part, I wanted to decline but my spirit told me to accept the offer, then I told her yes that there would not be a problem. So I followed her to their church.
When the all night service started, we started worshiping, praising and praying to God. After the prayer and everything, it was now time for alter call. Then the evangelist (name withheld) anchoring the programme made mention of some certain things. He made mention of people seeing themself swimming in dreams, flying in dreams, eating in dreams, having sex in dreams, and so on. I have forgotten the part of the above mentioned that made me came out for the alter call, but I think it is the part of eating, and having sex in dream.
So I came out, and he started praying for us one after the other, it got to my turn, he prayed for me and he told me he would like to have a word with me after the close of the all night service which I accepted.
After the service he came to me and stated telling me things that had been going on in my life, he said a lot of things that I wondered how he got to know much of that. He said there are a lot of persons looking up to me for shade but are beginning to get disappointed not seeing that in me. He said there are a lot of persons waiting for me to help them, but since I couldn’t help myself, it has now caused me a great depression. He then finally told me that God needs my service not until I accept the call, I would not have any form of peace in mind. And then he called my mum plus I, he told my mum that our family is a house of ministers and men of God. Then he said my mum should pray for me and told her never in any way say any negative thing about me again.
After all said and done, it is now done to me that there was no way I can run away from God again, that there was a need to start fellowshipping with God, and to do his work. So I decided to go for believers training.
Re: My Testimony Part 1; How I Was Called To The Ministry by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Following...

1 Like

Re: My Testimony Part 1; How I Was Called To The Ministry by SpeedGod: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
Following too , so how far. Have my experience as well.

(1) (Reply)

Everyday Sermon For All Muslim / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/07/16 / Repairing The Altar Of God In Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.