Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! (718 Views)

I Am Ready To Pay Blogger Or Website Owner 3k - 4k / Blogger Or Wordpress, Which One Is Better In Creating Music Blog / Request Any Blogger Or Wordpress Theme And Get It Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by Eze2000(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hi people,
I doff my hat to u guys and your 'know hows'.
Please, I need all the advice I can get this issue. I'm a writer, specializing in romance novels cos its d money spinner in literature writing, but I'm capable of lots more. Some of u might know from d politics of this forum where i indulge in endless intellectual arguements aand others may know me from d literature section where I have a very popular thread for one of my books 'RUTHLESS BETRAYALS' ......(follow the link in my signature to see).
My problem is that I have gotten to d stage where I need an adequate platform to express myself.
As a writer now on my second book, I have fans already in and outside Nigeria. My publishers tell me I need to get a website to host my fans/display my work. But I need a blog too. Something like blogger from where I can launch my missiles at d general public and they know who is talking. I also have lots of ideas in abundance to offer, copy and paste is not in my dictionary.
I don't have d dollars or d heavy cash to get and manage a website so blogger is looking even more appealing at d moment..
(A new author like a new actor is not sought after because he is yet unknown. a new author must give out his work for free to make his name....no profits. I'm at that stage now hence d lack of cash )
I'm thinking I should get a free blog right off, get Goggle AdSense and when I have some hard currency or good cash, get the website then link both somehow.

I don't know how but what say u guys the gurus? What opinions have I and who will help me.

This is a link to my first book's preview right here on Nairaland.
https://www.nairaland.com/2941054/ruthless-betrayals-story-love-betrayals

The second will be out this week.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by werthy(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
Two ways

Its either you have a site with blog and ecommerce integrated so as to serve as a platform for your love(writing) and also make you money

Or you build a site..which is going to look like a blog anyway..and link a blog to it

The site will serve as a formal location for business activities such as sales of books and and your article writing service while the blog serve as the location for letting out your bullets

The first may pay you well as you can integrate adsense on both side..site and blog

But the later can only take adsense on the main site and not the part

Hye..do you understand me
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by Eze2000(m): 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
werthy:
Two ways

Its either you have a site with blog and ecommerce integrated so as to serve as a platform for your love(writing) and also make you money

Or you build a site..which is going to look like a blog anyway..and link a blog to it

The site will serve as a formal location for business activities such as sales of books and and your article writing service while the blog serve as the location for letting out your bullets

The first may pay you well as you can integrate adsense on both side..site and blog

I think I do but a bit.
The former, will the blog be a blogger? or blogger like. I prefer blogger cos i hear its harmonious with Google in so many ways.
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by bobojoshua(m): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
Eze2000:
Hi people,
Please, I need all the advice I can get this issue. I'm a writer, specializing in romance novels cos its d money spinner in literature writing, but I'm capable of lots more. Some of u might know from d politics of this forum where i indulge in endless intellectual arguements aand others may know me from d literature section where I have a very popular thread for one of my books 'RUTHLESS BETRAYALS' ......(follow the link in my signature to see).
My problem is that I have gotten to d stage where I need an adequate platform to express myself.
As a writer now on my second book, I have fans already in and outside Nigeria. My publishers tell me I need to get a website to host my fans/display my work. But I need a blog too. Something like blogger from where I can launch my missiles at d general public and they know who is talking. I also have lots of ideas in abundance to offer, copy and paste is not in my dictionary.
I don't have d dollars or d heavy cash to get and manage a website so blogger is looking even more appealing at d moment..
(A new author like a new actor is not sought after because he is yet unknown. a new author must give out his work for free to make his name....no profits. I'm at that stage now hence d lack of cash )
I'm thinking I should get a free blog right off, get Goggle AdSense and when I have some hard currency or good cash, get the website then link both somehow.

I don't know how but what say u guys the gurus? What opinions have I and who will help me.

Thanks in advance.

i can get you a non hosted adsense account for 5k. Whatsapp 07017156563
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by werthy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Eze2000:

I think I do but a bit.
The former, will the blog be a blogger? or blogger like. I prefer blogger cos i hear its harmonious with Google in so many ways.

You didn't get me well

...this is what I mean for the first one

You will get a site...yourdomai.com

This site will be splitted into two

First location for your books and service ,and also adsence ads is

Yourdomain.com

The second location will be for your hobbies ..writing and the rest

Will be...blog.yourdomain.com..a subdomain

Or yourdomain.com/blog....a file location

The first seems ok to me and the second is good too

Concerning using blogger or ..yes google gives some preference because it their product but the fact is wordpress which your site or blog is going to be built with has thesame power as blogger too..I mean optimization advantage

Wordpress also gives you the advantage of flexibility and mobile friendliness compared to blogger

Your choice is the final...the cost of running a wordpress site is also more than that of blogger so you may opt in for blogger instead of wordpress

The first
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by whisperj: 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
Learn to build your own website/blog. https:///asp9PITEne
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by werthy(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
{harmonious with google} this is true as you can connect to other google products

But wordpress can even integrate with more platforms than blogger

I use blogger too..but some of my other sites use worpress
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by hostkobo(m): 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2016
Eze2000:
Hi people,

Thanks in advance.

Hi there

If you are a serious minded writer, you should think "copyright" first, else someone will take credit for your work - right under your nose.

Advice:
- decide on a good domain name to identify yourself and yourpen with. Get it registered: ex: www.yourdomain.com

For example, your name www.ezeeke.com

This identity site will contain information about you, contact info / social pages; your writing abilities / samples; published works; a self-hosted shop or online shops / links to where your books can be bought (hard / softcopy), ex: Amazon, Okadabooks, etc..... and links to your other online resources.

- For starters, you might want to create a blogger account for your blog and since you have a domain name already, get a subdomain mapped to your blogger account. You can do the same with a wordpress hosted account - map it to your own domain.... or simply, if your domain is www.ezeeke.com, your blogger account could be ezeekeblog.blogger / . Its all about identity

Eventually, your blog should move to your self hosted website, coz anything you publish on a free platform - "in a sense they own it" - since you are using their platform.

It takes money to make money, what im saying is: invest in yourself (dont look around for freebies) if you are serious about writing.

regards
HK

Check my signature, for your domain reg / webhosting needs!! Ill be happy to get you online
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by femdevcon(f): 6:36am On Jun 16, 2016
werthy:
Two ways

all you need is blog as well as the e-commerce app version of it.

due to your humble and humane nature, I can create it for u at a very extreme cheap price u can't find on this earth.
here is my contact should you decided to give it a shot 0-9-0-5-9-8-1-1-4-2-2
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by Eze2000(m): 7:18am On Jun 16, 2016
femdevcon:

all you need is blog as well as the e-commerce app version of it.

due to your humble and humane nature, I can create it for u at a very extreme cheap price u can't find on this earth.
here is my contact should you decided to give it a shot 0-9-0-5-9-8-1-1-4-2-2

Thanks bro,

are these 2 sites in 1 as mentioned werty?

and what kind of blog is it? WordPress or blogger
Re: Blogger Or Website With Blog? Advice Needed! by werthy(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2016
Eze2000:

Thanks bro,

are these 2 sites in 1 as mentioned werty?

and what kind of blog is it? WordPress or blogger

Its possible to have 2 in 1 For blogger ..you can
Pm to know how

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me With Reliable And Trusted Data Reseller Company? / If U Need Someone To Design Your Blog Then Come In / Need Any Web Designing/development With PHP/MYSQL Script We Can Assist You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.