Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence (49395 Views)

Calabar Cult War: Man Shot Dead, Hand Amputated (Graphic Photo) / 5 Persons Killed In Egbeda, Emohua, Rivers State By Gunmen / Three Killed In Calabar Cult War (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by spidey77: 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
No fewer than 15 lives have been lost in 48 hours to the ongoing war between members of two criminal gangs, the Baggars Confraternity and Mafians, a version of the Klans confraternity in Calabar, findings by CrossRiverWatch reveal.

This follows the yet to end war between the Klans confraternity and confraternity which in less than a month has claimed over 10 lives too, bringing the count to about 20 in less than a month.

The hostility between the Baggars and Mafians sources say, began last Tuesday afternoon along Palm street where a strike team of Mafians attacked and killed a member of the Baggars gang along Palm street with his skull carved open with a machete and slashes along his stomach and arms which infuriated his colleagues who later carried out a reprisal attack with at least two mafians gunned down in Goldie and Yellow Duke street axis of Calabar South on Wednesday.

The killings continued Thursday, as 3 more were gunned down at Mbukpa, with 2 happening close to the Mbukpa market, 1 at Umo Orok near New Airport road and Bedwell, all before noon while a source said one more was killed at an undisclosed location around 9 p.m.

Another killing occurred later in the day along Palm Street by Mayne Avenue and 1 more was gunned down along Whitehouse street also known as Dan Archibong street, close to Nyong Edem street on Friday morning between 7:30 am and 8 am.

According to sources, some Baggars Thursday, converged at the CRUTECH pavilion to plan an attack on selected targets in school only for a combine team of the State Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) and Operation Skolombo in about 6 siren blaring vans chased them away following a distress call from the school security network as no fewer than 3 CRUTECH students have been lost to the ‘wars’.

One other person was said to have been killed at Etta-Agbor by Akim. He was said to have been axed badly around the chest region and left to die.

Shops in CRUTECH and around Ekpo Abasi, Yellow Duke, Atakpa, New Airport, Watt market, Bedwell, Egerton, Beach market, Calabar road, Mayne Avenue, Goldie and other major places in Calabar South now close earlier than usual to avert ‘eventualities’.

The fight according to reliable sources say the rivalry is for supremacy as to who controls ticketing for tricycles (keke) in major points in Calabar South.

These comes on the heels of similar killings due to a war between Klans confraternity and the where a suspected gangster in Calabar, Friday, last week was gunned down at Marian close to Effanga Mkpa street, with sources saying it happened in the middle of peace talks between warring gangs.

The alleged gangster, unknown, according to sources, is said to be a victim of a precedent set during the early 2000’s following the Chaka Zulu’s war which saw the gun down two Vikings members at the entrance to the venue of the peace talk to confirm whether they were truly prepared for it.

The war has been ongoing amidst serious armed robbery as a gang of five, last week Friday between the hours of 9 and 10 pm stormed Ekpo Abasi junction in a Volkswagen Golf car parked at a church, “Warriors Camp” a few metres away from the junction and began robbing shop to shop unknown to many until they fired a shot into the air which caused momentary pandemonium.

After the initial commotion, the Vigilante group in the axis and other strong hearted individuals mobilized and approached the robbers who jumped into their vehicle and sped off. Egerton, Ewa Ekeng, Inyang Ekeng, Hawkins, Mayne Avenue, Mount Zion, Orok, Ekpo Abasi are among streets being robbed daily between the hours of 8pm downwards.

To confirm what the Police are doing to restore peace and order, ASP John Eluu, Police Public Relations Officer Cross River Police Headquarters was called from our news room and he said: “We have arrested one suspect for the killer of the guy killed at Palm Street, I don’t know of other killings in the area let me call the Atakpa DPO for briefi

http://akwaibomvoice.com/19-persons-so-far-killed-in-calabar-cult-violence/

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by pyyxxaro: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
The fight according to reliable sources say the rivalry is for supremacy as to who controls ticketing for tricycles (keke) in major points in Calabar South.

INSTEAD MAKE I JOIN ALL THESE YEYE CONFRA

I GO JUST JOIN BOYS SCOUT embarassed

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
He who lives by the sword dies by the sword...

A word is enough for the wise.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by spidey77: 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by ojuoluwani(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by ELgordo(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
Say no to drugs!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by lekjons(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nigeria needs to do something about firearms possesion/control..

too many guns in the wrong hands..embarassed

28 Likes

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Flexherbal(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
Say No to cultism!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by qualityovenbake(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
What is happening in Calabar self?

1 Like

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Proffdada: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
Let them wipe each other out
Book them no wan read undecided
angry

16 Likes

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by seunlayi(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
God save us

2 Likes

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Nutase: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by jessetom(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
barca vs Madrid...
elclassico.
make dem dae count scores dae go....

11 Likes

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by komzybrown(f): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
stupid people, jobless fools

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by mccoy47(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
Kul. Let d self cleansing of the iďiots continue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by itsmaleekbaby(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
When did they start all this in calabar? I only know of port harcourt.
Hmm

#nocommonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by illmortal(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
pyyxxaro:

U sabi. .
pyyxxaro:

U sabi. .
pyyxxaro:

U qet sence.

3 Likes

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by chiwetaluAGU(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
grin
Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by hertz9te(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
mama wey born cultist no born pikin.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by gameboy727(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
I just don't understand what is there to gain in cultism except the loss of life, the very life they seek protection for.

Na so them kill those guys for my school (University of Agriculture Makurdi;it made front page sef) last week.

God help us

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Mskrisx(f): 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bloody foools! Someone's 9 months! Ndi ala ekwwnsu turu'nvo ni ike!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Rilwayne001: 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
These people and cultism.. shocked undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Aroh48(m): 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Crap for yourselves

1 Like

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Beehshorp(m): 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Just negodu... For dis bad economy young boys just dey zuzu

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by harrijay: 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
too bad. what shall it profit them
Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Tombilly(m): 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wasted sperms
how I wish there were sold into slavery from childbirth. I weep for the leaders of tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by BABANGBALI: 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
pyyxxaro:

hahahajahaha Abeg I no fit laff o

1 Like

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by Rexphobia(m): 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
“We have arrested one suspect for the killer of the guy killed at Palm Street, I don’t know of other killings in the area let me call the Atakpa DPO"

cry

5 Likes

Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by babylonjah: 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wasted life
Re: 19 Persons Killed In Calabar Cult Violence by SUPOL(m): 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
Supreme Vikings Confraternity. Nothing like Baggers confraternity

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Divine Hanachor: Missing University Of Port Harcourt Student (Photo) / Ademola Afolabi Kazeem Arrested By NDLEA For Drug Trafficking / Nigerian woman kills white husband for insurance (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.