Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help (848 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by chrismith850: 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
pls guyz... what can I do if the IT manager of a company restricted the server from reaching fb and youtube and if the system is programed in a way that it request for code before installing any application... then what will I do? pls guys help me out
Re: Help by Lexusgs430: 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
chrismith850:
pls guyz... what can I do if the IT manager of a company restricted the server from reaching fb and youtube and if the system is programed in a way that it request for code before installing any application... then what will I do? pls guys help me out

You cannot do anything. The administrator has restricted access, has instructed by your employer. They have restricted facebook and youtube, to save their bandwidth been used for entertainment and social purposes(during office hours while you are meant to be working) and they don't want anyone installing malicious programs or software on their systems.
NB: Each time you keep attempting to log unto restricted websites and downloading stuffs, a log is sent to the administrator and timings of logs
Solution - Buy a laptop or use your laptop and buy your own data !!!!!
Re: Help by Donald3d(m): 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You cannot do anything. The administrator has restricted access, has instructed by your employer. They have restricted facebook and youtube, to save their bandwidth been used for entertainment and social purposes(during office hours while you are meant to be working) and they don't want anyone installing malicious programs or software on their systems.
NB: Each time you keep attempting to log unto restricted websites and downloading stuffs, a log is sent to the administrator and timings of logs
Solution - Buy a laptop or use your laptop and buy your own data !!!!!
anything locked by man,can be unlocked by man,shebi na computer.

1 Like

Re: Help by chrismith850: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
thanks
Re: Help by Lexusgs430: 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
Donald3d:
anything locked by man,can be unlocked by man,shebi na computer.

Unfortunately that man is only the administrator or someone else that has administrator privileges.
Permissions would have to be enabled, unfortunately!!!!
Re: Help by Emeka71(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
chrismith850:
Is not advisable to use your office system for Facebook; use your own gadget for such things instead.

(1) (Reply)

Technocratic Buy And Sell / The Application Was Unaable To Start Correctly (0xc000007b) / How To Activate Acer Wifi Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.