Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan (4455 Views)

Bodija, Ibadan Rice Price / Photo Documentary On Bodija Market, Ibadan, Oyo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan by flexya: 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
I wish to use this medium to warn other nairalanders against visiting the branch of Dominoes Pizza in Awolowo road, Ibadan. It has the poorest customer service I have ever come across and the quality of the pizza , judging from my experience is the worst ever

When I first walked into that dominoes restaurant at the height of a supposed peak hour and found no other customer in there, my alarm bells should have been ringing. At the time of my visit, there were 6 staff members and 3 security guards. The staffs were so engrossed in their chit-chat that I had to repeat my order 3 times before my server got it right. 1 medium BBQ chicken pizza and one bottle of sprite. Not exactly complicated but when u r distracted, it could be. I ordered to eat-in and took my sit jejely whilst the pizza was being made.

The order took about 7 minutes. Next thing, I heard my name being shouted repeatedly by the Dominoes staff. I raised my hand up as if to signal that I was here. I was the only one in the store and was sat in full view of the staff, just 6 feet away. I assumed my order would be brought over to my table (as u would in KFC or any other eatery). I was shocked when the the staff told me it wasn't their job to bring food to the table. His four other colleague agreed in unison. Ok, so I picked my pizza and went to sit. I then realised my bottle of sprite was missing. When I asked for it, he demanded I produce my receipt. Don't tills have records anymore? Has any other customer been served other that me?. I had to dig my pizza soiled finger into my pocket and fetch my receipt before I could get my sprite. Again, it's not their job to bring it to my table. At that point, I didn't feel like eating in-store again and took the pizza into my car.

If the service was poor, the quality of the food was appalling. The (thin) crust was burnt and the toppings included so much chilli pieces, my tongue was on fire after 2 bites. I couldn't just eat anymore and the pizza went into the bin. Even Nandos hottest chilli is child's play next to this. It's not my first time of ordering BBQ chicken (usually at the Ring Road branch) and it never tasted like this.

It certainly was a terrible experience and I won't wish such on anyone. Forking out N4k on pizza in these hard times is bad enough. If u ever fancy pizza, avoid Dominoes in bodija.......unless u just wanna waste ur dosh.

Have a nice evening guys.
Re: Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
Lol. If this had happened in Mr. Biggs, I'd understand. Sorry o.
The manager of the branch is to blame.
If he doesn't show lackadaisical attitude to his job, it will show on the staff.
Re: Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan by jobdone: 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Is it a must you go there? Don't come here and narrate story on how buhari turn
Petrol -145
Kerosine-170
Diesel-150

Its better you try masuyya
Re: Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan by duchessofyork: 11:18am On Jun 18, 2016
flexya:
I wish to use this medium to warn other nairalanders against visiting the branch of Dominoes Pizza in Awolowo road, Ibadan. It has the poorest customer service I have ever come across and the quality of the pizza , judging from my experience is the worst ever

When I first walked into that dominoes restaurant at the height of a supposed peak hour and found no other customer in there, my alarm bells should have been ringing. At the time of my visit, there were 6 staff members and 3 security guards. The staffs were so engrossed in their chit-chat that I had to repeat my order 3 times before my server got it right. 1 medium BBQ chicken pizza and one bottle of sprite. Not exactly complicated but when u r distracted, it could be. I ordered to eat-in and took my sit jejely whilst the pizza was being made.

The order took about 7 minutes. Next thing, I heard my name being shouted repeatedly by the Dominoes staff. I raised my hand up as if to signal that I was here. I was the only one in the store and was sat in full view of the staff, just 6 feet away. I assumed my order would be brought over to my table (as u would in KFC or any other eatery). I was shocked when the the staff told me it wasn't their job to bring food to the table. His four other colleague agreed in unison. Ok, so I picked my pizza and went to sit. I then realised my bottle of sprite was missing. When I asked for it, he demanded I produce my receipt. Don't tills have records anymore? Has any other customer been served other that me?. I had to dig my pizza soiled finger into my pocket and fetch my receipt before I could get my sprite. Again, it's not their job to bring it to my table. At that point, I didn't feel like eating in-store again and took the pizza into my car.

If the service was poor, the quality of the food was appalling. The (thin) crust was burnt and the toppings included so much chilli pieces, my tongue was on fire after 2 bites. I couldn't just eat anymore and the pizza went into the bin. Even Nandos hottest chilli is child's play next to this. It's not my first time of ordering BBQ chicken (usually at the Ring Road branch) and it never tasted like this.

It certainly was a terrible experience and I won't wish such on anyone. Forking out N4k on pizza in these hard times is bad enough. If u ever fancy pizza, avoid Dominoes in bodija.......unless u just wanna waste ur dosh.

Have a nice evening guys.

In as much as I understand how hurtful it feels to spend your hard earned money on a product/service and not get the worth of your money; I really think you need to stop the act of coming to the Internet and asking people to boycott a company.

This act speaks volumes of your kind of person than of the company. I checked your past topics and saw that you have also once advised people to boycott dealdey.

I don't think this act is a positive one. You could have requested to see the manager and give him a piece of your mind. Trust me, you would have helped a company and many other customers that might fall prey to their uncultured staff in future other than coming here to cause the downfall of the business.

My opinion tho.

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan by flexya: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
duchessofyork:

In as much as I understand how hurtful it feels to spend your hard earned money on a product/service and not get the worth of your money; I really think you need to stop the act of coming to the Internet and asking people to boycott a company.

This act speaks volumes of your kind of person than of the company. I checked your past topics and saw that you have also once advised people to boycott dealdey.

I don't think this act is a positive one. You could have requested to see the manager and give him a piece of your mind. Trust me, you would have helped a company and many other customers that might fall prey to their uncultured staff in future other than coming here to cause the downfall of the business.

My opinion tho.

Nothing personal against Dominoes. To be forewarned is forearmed. U will notice I specifically referred to the Bodija branch. I av dined at the branch on Ring Road and had no issue. Will certainly visit the ring Road branch again. So erase that "personal vendetta against a business" from your argument.

It was my experience (as was the one with Dealday). Reviewing your experience with a company is certainly nothing new and has led to improvement and changes in operation. If you own a company, you should welcome it not try and gag it, irrespective of the content. My comments on FCMB (on nairaland) for instance led to improvement in their operation in regard to the issue I wrote about. That is how a professional outfit reacts.

If you are the type that keeps quiet when u receive terrible service, kudos to you. Am not. Similarly, if I experience exceptional service, I will tell the world and social media is a good way of doing so.

PS: I did email Dominoes customer care. Yet to get a reply til date. If a company goes down because of poor service, I don't think it deserves my sympathy, nor yours

My opinion. It's a free world.

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan by graciousme(f): 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello food lovers,

My name is Kemi Oladipo. I recently completed a course on 'Biosafety of plant Biotechnology' at Marche Polytechnic University,Ancona,Italy.

I am currently conducting a survey on the 'Readiness of Nigerians for the commercialization of genetically modified crops in Nigeria'. I am using the social media and other associated entities to share the survey.
I will your support and provide you a medium to express your opinion about genetically modified foods in Nigeria. Please find the link to the survey below.

Available to answer any question. Kind regards,

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLvbgIbUnannWQCz01AW8FIVT1aq4JCba1ki6lQV84QAcKBQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Kemi

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get Milk Substitute Like Rice, Almond Or Coconut Milk In Lagos / / What Is Best Eaten With Ogi [white Cornmeal]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.