Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Top Class Analysis From Emma Da Analysis Guru - EUROS 2016 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top Class Analysis From Emma Da Analysis Guru - EUROS 2016 (426 Views)

How Nigeria Can Qualify 4 D 2018 World Cup (analysis from Their Current Standing / Alex Iwobi Poses With Jay-Jay Okocha And Emma Okocha, His Uncles / Arsenal Sign Top Class Defender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Class Analysis From Emma Da Analysis Guru - EUROS 2016 by Excelinpages(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2016
Looking to get crazy factual analysis of this Euros ..follow Emmanuel Umeagu as he unfolds it all ..

Here we go

THE BEAUTIFUL GAME

Now that the first round of games of the Euro 2016 has been completed, and all 24 teams from the six groups having all tasted action, here are some of the things I have come to learn and expect. A few were obvious even before a ball was kicked, others not so much. Here we go.

1)The Euro 2016 was billed before it began to be cagey with very few goals especially in the group stages, thanks to smaller teams trying desperately to avoid thumping defeats, so far the script is unfurling beautifully.

2)The increasing tactical analyses of the game, study of the most minute details as well as improved physical and mental training technologies have yielded results for teams and coaches but at the expense of the excitement enjoyed by the neutrals. Goals are now fewer and even for someone like me that is literally obsessed with tactics, I have come to accept the fact that careful study has lead to reduced number of goals and I can't eat my cake and have it. Increasing studies on the best players means they have to evolve and change rapidly to stay unpredictable but they can only do so much since they are humans, no matter how talented.

3)There have been some tactical masterclass like Antonio Conte's team set up and playing style as well as in game tinkering of formation and playing style like Didier Deschamps France but there have also been poor tactics like Wilmots being unable to make the most of his team, making an admittedly superb Conte appear superhuman.

4)The Favourites (France, Spain and Germany) as profiled by me so far all seemed to live up to their tags to varying degrees of success despite not waltzing past their opponents as some might expect. France found a way to overcome the nerves, Germany gave up a few chances but were still decidedly the better team while Spain left it late but their superiority was clear throughout. Only one of these can win and possibly even none would win but they are the teams to beat.
Despite the praises from media outlets, I personally do not believe in Belgium (particularly their coach) and hence I didn't profile them but it is still early days.

5)There hasn't been any major surprises/upsets yet in the tournament. Hungary beat Austria but the Austria aren't particularly a football powerhouse while Italy's victory over Belgium isn't too much of a surprise (irrespective of FIFA ranking) considering Italy's history and tournament pedigree.

6)Despite some traditional powerhouses been tagged as favourites, this tournament has thus far proven and will continue to prove to be the most unpredictable in recent years with no clear gulf in class between the 'big boys'
and the middle class teams.

Connect him on Facebook

https://web.facebook.com/emmanuel.umeagu.3?fref=nf

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: NFF President,amaju And Ighalo At Onazi's Traditional Wedding / 2018 World Cup Full Draw Here / Breaking!!!! Roy Hodgson Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.