Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

My Experience With An OLX Buyer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With An OLX Buyer (1408 Views)

Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX / OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria / My Experience With A Corporate Begger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With An OLX Buyer by rebelXYZ: 10:23am On Jun 16, 2016
I posted this late because i am a very busy person and i rarely post on social media. But i feel this may be helpful to many out there.

It was on a sunday 25th oct, 2015 around 9:30am along airport road not too far to a bank, can't remember what bank it was but till today the spot lingers in my memory.. Like am visualising it right about now.

Omo boy pocket was very dry and i needed some cash to tidy some very important stuffs, so I decided to go by way of selling out my gadgets in order to fill some crucial gaps. I sold my laptop successfully, funny enough it was even sold to my namesake. That felt really cool.

I placed my apple ipad for sale too through a friend's younger brother who actually Spearheaded the sale of my laptop. So i was rest assured of another successful sale.

To cut the long story short, i got a call from my frnd's Brother that there's a buyer who's willing to buy at 50k. He sent the guy's number to me and we began talking on phone. That was early morning on that sunday.

We agreed on venue to meet that would be convenient for him which was MMA(airport). He said we shld meet by 9am as he was in hurry to travel out of Lagos that very day. I got to airport waiting for him.. It took him longer than necessary to arrive which gave me another doubting mind that the guy wasn't genuine.

After he finally arrived, he drove a car which till now i can't remember what maker it was but the clour was blue or so. There was a navy kit in the car and he was also putting a navy blue cap which automatically implied that he was suppose to be a navy man. We met in the airport premises and he asked me to come into the car which i wanted to decline but decided to go in when i saw navy kit. I thought i was safe because in my mind, i was dealing with a naval officer. Never feel too relaxed even when you meet an angel as a stranger. That's the lesson i learnt.

We were getting along too quickly and the reason is that, the way my friend's brother presented the guy to me seemed they both know each other somewhere but i was wrong.

We drove out of the aiport, parked and he talked about withdrawing from ATM. But before then, he collected the ipad and was checking it. After a while, he said it's fine and okay. He then said we shld both get down to withdraw so he could pay me. By then he already droppped the ipad in his car back seat.

He brought out his Access bank atm card, inserted it, and after a while, he claimed the atm was not dispensing. I suggested there's a branch of Access bank along the road in the front. He agreed and we are set to proceed.

That was when he said i will push his car ooo and i mumuly agreed to push car. Not knowing he had other plan. I pushed.. Menh! The idiot drove on and sped like he was doing car race. I stopped the next bike to chase him, but the bike guy was scared. God!

At this point i thought i was dreaming.. He made a way with my ipad. I called my friend's brother if he knows the guy, he said no. I was like what! I sent the guy text begging him, after a while he switched off his phone and never on it again. This is his number.. 09084873571

I was not really bothered abt the ipad., but each time i remember the incident, i feel very bad because i fell for such A Light trick.

Pls nairalanders, I hope we've all learned from this silly mistake. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by winkmart: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Like seriously?
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by rapcy(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2016
Can I post this on my blog??
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by rebelXYZ: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2016
rapcy:
Can I post this on my blog??
go on.. U are free
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by davien(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
lol grin

Sorry for your loss, these crooks are getting smarter..
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by rapcy(m): 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
rebelXYZ:
go on.. U are free
Th
rebelXYZ:
go on.. U are free
rebelXYZ:
go on.. U are free
ank You. I just posted it. You can visit my blog anytime you're free to see it [url]DIzboy..com[/url]
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by LuckyLadolce(m): 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
grin this is not funny.. Pele bro
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by rebelXYZ: 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
rapcy:
Thank You. I just posted it. You can visit my blog anytime you're free to see it [url]DIzboy..com[/url]
uwc
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by PlayerOne: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
Lalasticlala grin

FP abeg ..

This is a new one ..

Op of not for the fact that your friend help u sold your laptop .. Would have suggest your friend planned it

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by rebelXYZ: 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
PlayerOne:
Lalasticlala grin

FP abeg ..

This is a new one ..

Op of not for the fact that your friend help u sold your laptop .. Would have suggest your friend planned it
badolee.. Nah laff u come laff me abi?
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by duality(m): 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Too bad. While I've bought things from OLX all the way from ibadan. The person even sent the items to me in Lagos.

Funny the guy won't use the iPad for anything. That kind of wickedness doesn't pay
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by jendy36(m): 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
Na sharp Navy man....
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by okooloyun1(m): 1:07am On Jun 17, 2016
Your story is funny but not a laughing matter. I learned from it anyway coz I sell things on OLX too, one has to be very careful when dealing with stranger.
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:12am On Jun 17, 2016
Funny but not funny grin

shocked cheesy grin grin grin
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by OCTAVO: 5:40am On Jun 17, 2016
smiley
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by finest0007(m): 6:23am On Jun 17, 2016
Wow. Sorry bro. I've also been scammed via online transactions.. 5000 naira loss. Thanks for sharing this story
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by Triczchic(f): 7:26am On Jun 17, 2016
Sorry about that.
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by Lordtrillion(m): 8:04am On Jun 17, 2016
Gosh shocked shocked
Re: My Experience With An OLX Buyer by Emmy9ite(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2016
Haha.. sorry to laugh.. so sorry for the loss brother, lessons well learnt.. You will see him one lucky day, he will pay double!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Belt Flaunter Shirts Available(new Trend) / How Do I Get A Business Address For My Home Based Business? / A Plot Of Land Is Available For Rent In Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.