Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (2331 Views)

United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) Scholarships 2016 / Graphic Designers And Sales Assistant Wanted / Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by smoothjazz(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2006
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNERS AND DRAUGHTMEN JOBS IN DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

A reputable multi-million dollar Architecture firm wants to fill the following permanent positions.

1. Senior Graphic Designers (male/female)
Salary: From N4.1 million upwards - tax free (varies according to your portfolio/experience) + benefits
Employment visa: Company provided

*MUST have working knowledge of up-to-date graphic design packages: Adobe Design (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat), and Macromedia.
*MUST be able to work across both Apple Mac and Windows PC platforms.
*MUST be of good character with glowing references. Prima donnas are not welcome.
*MUST know your HIV status. If you are HIV positive, you will not be employed - even if Van Gogh was your Uncle or Picasso your 2nd cousin. It's an unwritten code here.
*MUST be ready to travel at short notice.
*Of course you MUST be able to communicate clearly in English.

2. Draughtsmen (male/female)
Salary: From N4.1 million upwards - tax free (varies according to your portfolio/experience) + benefits
Employment visa: Company provided

*MUST have working knowledge of up-to-date CAD packages
*MUST be able to work across both Apple Mac and Windows PC platforms.
*MUST be of good character with glowing references. Prima donnas are not welcome.
*MUST know your HIV status.
*MUST be ready to move soon
*Of course you MUST be able to communicate clearly in English.

If you are sure you qualify, please send your CV and Cover letter along with an essay of 3000 characters on "Being a Team Player" to smoothjazz74@gmail.com before the 10th of December, 2006.
Re: Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by smoothjazz(m): 7:17am On Nov 28, 2006
Someone just sent me a CV that was totally irrelevant to the jobs offered. To make it worse, it was Ccd (carbon copied) to 4 other recipients - apparently for other jobs! How dimwitted can one be? For the benefit of those who don't know; READ and COMPREHEND before your respond to any job vacancy. I would hate to believe this gentleman is a university graduate. Cheers.
Re: Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by Jiblo(m): 9:15am On Nov 28, 2006
I would love to work in the UAE. But my work skills are limited only to telecommunications! So Smoothjazz, just in case you bump into any job descriptions fitting SDH, i'd appreciate if you holla! Cheers man!
Re: Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by smoothjazz(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2006
No problemo Jiblo. In the meantime why don't you register your CV at www.bayt.com. In fact since you're telecomms, go to www.du.ae, navigate your way to the Careers section, you may find something of interest. Cheers!
Re: Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by danjay1(m): 9:51am On Nov 28, 2006
Smoothjaz, hi i am a graduate of economics and have just limited expereince say like 2 years with NYSC included, can you help me with Job in Dubai? you can mail me at mohjam2@yahoo.com and my phone is 08036378036. Thank you. Remain Blessed
Re: Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by Jiblo(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2006
Thanks man! Much appreciated! Ive just been thru the links you gave, i exceptionally like the bayt link, its so packed! I sent an email to ur gmail! Thanks again!
Re: Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by smoothjazz(m): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2006
@danjay1, if you are job hunting, do what I did:

1. Develop yourself to compete globally in your field. [/b]You are competing with other qualified people around the world especially from the UK, US, Canada not to mention the locals who get the number 1 priority of place.

[b]2. Look for credible jobsites.
Beware, ANY site that requires you to pay ANY amount for ANYTHING is most likely not genuine - and there are quite a few of them.

3. I hate to admit this, but the truth is about 98% of our country's curriculum is out of date. [/b]The quality of teaching is abysmally low and that has reflected badly in the quality of graduates. So, you to have bring yourself up to date with the latest in your field thorugh self-tutoring or get some western education, or both.

4. On the strength of 3 above, I will not embarrass myself by presenting you for the job(s) if you are like the chemical engineer who sent me a CV for a Graphic Design position! You simply have to measure up.

[b]5. Finally, I do not run a recruitment agency.
I was asked to source some senior level designers and draughtsmen from my country men/women, so stop asking me for jobs. Thank you.
Re: Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by Jiblo(m): 11:12am On Nov 28, 2006
@smoothjazz, Lol! I understand your frustration! But keep up the good work!
Re: Senior Graphic Designers and Draughtmen jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by smoothjazz(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2006
Someone just sent me the email quoted below. Now I'm really getting worried about our graduates. No doubt, a primary six pupil would compose a better email!
hi, i saw you post on nairaland
i am not an architect i`m an electrical/electronics engineer .i graduated from a nigerian university
so i decided to first mail you to ask if you possibly have and opening for me
thanx and keep up da good work

(1) (Reply)

Pricewater House Inviting / News On National Mirror Interview / Nnpc Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.