Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! (27881 Views)

Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months / Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? / FBN Now Charges 5% On All Card-related Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by DaBullIT(m): 6:13am On Jun 18, 2016
It Haf Tayed
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by ugosonics: 6:18am On Jun 18, 2016
So how much do they charge
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Emmysteve(m): 6:31am On Jun 18, 2016
crowne:
Today is a good day.

Facebook have finally allowed billing in Naira, i was busy minding my business on twitter when i saw an update, not believing what i just read i immediately tried to set up a new ad account and voila!!!

Need to change your payment settings ? read more here http://www.oyintemi.com/facebook-now-charges-naira/

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by nelcliff(m): 6:35am On Jun 18, 2016
That was since on Monday so it no more news.....
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:37am On Jun 18, 2016
Still dynamic billing, Most Nigerian cards don't support it cry
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by aftatechbiz(m): 6:38am On Jun 18, 2016
Good news for online business promotion.
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by idupaul: 6:41am On Jun 18, 2016
banmee:

Let me understand your logic. So if you owned a company, you'd rather advertise with someone who would give you 2 million views over someone who would give you more than a billion views. Makes sense. What's your name again?

Can you even afford 2 million views then buy nairaland 2 Million first.. we need to start somewhere to start supporting our local industry ..online ads on American owned sites have greatly affected the other radio ,TV and outdoor ads in Nigeria causing a lot of Job losses and closure of a lot of Ad firms ..Companies like face book earn a lot from ads in Nigeria but pay no taxes on such ads here ..I am an advocate of supporting homegrown industries first over foreign companies that pay no taxes sef
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2016
crowne:
Today is a good day.

Facebook have finally allowed billing in Naira, i was busy minding my business on twitter when i saw an update, not believing what i just read i immediately tried to set up a new ad account and voila!!!

Need to change your payment settings ? read more here http://www.oyintemi.com/facebook-now-charges-naira/

Good one

It will be cheap and earlier

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by banmee(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2016
graphiti:

Somborri sure needs a mouthwash!

#team~ buy Nigeria!!!
God bless America Nigeria

Do you even understand what we are talking about? Don't let patriotism over shadow common sense.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:22am On Jun 18, 2016
idupaul:

Can you even afford 2 million views then buy nairaland 2 Million first.. we need to start somewhere to start supporting our local industry ..online ads on American owned sites have greatly affected the other radio ,TV and outdoor ads in Nigeria causing a lot of Job losses and closure of a lot of Ad firms ..Companies like face book earn a lot from ads in Nigeria but pay no taxes on such ads here ..I am an advocate of supporting homegrown industries first over foreign companies that pay no taxes sef

I love this views

Please, can everyone read this....

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by twosquare(m): 7:31am On Jun 18, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

I love this views

Please, can everyone read this....
His thoughts concerning this are okay but you should also consider reaching international audience which our TV, radio cannot meet.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by DadojoReloaded(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2016
JideTheBlogger:
Still dynamic billing, Most Nigerian cards don't support it cry
Please which Nigerian banks do? Thank goodness for this news. Thinking of paying for facebook ads next week.

I guess I need to change bank!
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2016
DadojoReloaded:

Please which Nigerian banks do? Thank goodness for this news. Thinking of paying for facebook ads next week.

I guess I need to change bank!
I think you should use GTbank and UBA or first bank master and visa cards. They support foreign transactions very well.
Meanwhile, Placing ads isn't the problem,its actually making it seen by your target audience. That is the set of people you want to see ur ad! I am a digital marketer and I boost ads on Facebook. It is actually cheaper than setting up an ad account because

1. You can do it without paying a dime until you get a huge reach to your target audience.ie Facebook will charge you after you have gotten the result you want which is getting views from your target audience.
2. I can easily boost your ad with my fanpage on Facebook. I own a personal blog as well. Even use my MasterCard to do initial transaction and you can balance me later.
3. You can choose how long you want to boost your ad and those you want to see it on Facebook eg two weeks,a month or 16-70 years target audience.
4. You can also choose the region or country that you want to see the ad. Like Lagos or Nigeria.
5. Finally, you can get to choose if you want only men or women to see the ad. Like Always pad ad should be mostly for women.
6. You also get to see your own ad live if you fall within the requirements of target audience.
Contact me for more details: kimberlugee@gmail.com
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by RisMas(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=20pt]Millions of Nigerians on Facebook have made millions of dollars for Facebook by their daily supply of content of news, information, gossip and chats with millions of photos and videos. But Facebook does not even give them a cent in return.
I advise them to turn to blogging where Google shares millions of dollars from adverts on Google AdSense with bloggers for the posts on their blogs.
Then share the links to your blogs as updates on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
Google shares advert revenues with bloggers. But Facebook does not share revenues from adverts.
Without users' posts, Facebook will crash.

If a social network does not appreciate your contributions of contents, don't waste your data on it. Even LIB rewards regular readers
Facebook is not free, because you pay for every second you spend on Facebook.
You pay for power supply and you pay for internet..
I have made over N1 million on Facebook before I spent N150, 000 on boosting posts on Facebook.[/size].
Thats my Guy, we are in the same club. spend 30$ on ads to make 200$ on adsense wink cheesy
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ezechinwa:

how was it being operated when it accepted only dollars?

This is how online payment works which many people don't know.

There are 4 parties involved namely:

- Card Holder (You)
- Card Issuer (Your Bank)
- Acquiring Bank (Facebook's Bank)
- Merchant (Facebook)

Now, Merchant (Facebook), sends a bill in Naira to Card Holder (You). You submit your card details for payment. Now, Card Issuer(Your Bank) would calculate the USD Equivalent of that Naira Bill which Merchant sent initially and send the USD to Acquiring Bank(Facebook's Bank) after which Acquiring Bank credits the account of Merchant(Facebook).

Facebook in this case, is not receiving Naira. Ask yourself, which bank account does facebook want to use to receive Naira? GTB? Abi Access? Naira is only operated in Nigeria. So anyone who is receiving Naira in cash must be a Nigerian person or have a Nigerian Bank account which i doubt facebook has one. The Naira billing is just for display and billing. Final credit is in USD.

Its called DCC(Dynamic Currency Conversion). Your bank would change that Naira to USD before sending it to Facebook. You would think you paid naira.

Besides, most banks have disabled the DCC it doesnt work in most banks now so your payments would be declined unless you choose USD. Give it a try. I know of GTB for example has disabled it. It wont work.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by crowne: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Trina0936:

I think you should use GTbank and UBA or first bank master and visa cards. They support foreign transactions very well.
Meanwhile, Placing ads isn't the problem,its actually making it seen by your target audience. That is the set of people you want to see ur ad! I am a digital marketer and I boost ads on Facebook. It is actually cheaper than setting up an ad account because

1. You can do it without paying a dime until you get a huge reach to your target audience.ie Facebook will charge you after you have gotten the result you want which is getting views from your target audience.
2. I can easily boost your ad with my fanpage on Facebook. I own a personal blog as well. Even use my MasterCard to do initial transaction and you can balance me later.
3. You can choose how long you want to boost your ad and those you want to see it on Facebook eg two weeks,a month or 16-70 years target audience.
4. You can also choose the region or country that you want to see the ad. Like Lagos or Nigeria.
5. Finally, you can get to choose if you want only men or women to see the ad. Like Always pad ad should be mostly for women.
6. You also get to see your own ad live if you fall within the requirements of target audience.
Contact me for more details: kimberlugee@gmail.com

Please do not run ads for someone else using your own fan page. Advise them to create a Facebook page for their business then use that to advertise.

The first thing you do before running ads is identify the goal.

Who views and Likes & seeing ad don epp ?

Facebook is powerful and if you do not fully know what you are doing its easy to waste a lot of money without any results.

Always optimize for conversions i.e pay only for the results that actually make business sense e.g somebody contacting your business especially for SME's that don't have a lot of money to play with.
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
crowne:

Please do not run ads for someone else using your own fan page. Advise them to create a Facebook page for their business then use that to advertise.

The first thing you do before running ads is identify the goal.

Who views and Likes & seeing ad don epp ?

Facebook is powerful and if you do not fully know what you are doing its easy to waste a lot of money without any results.

Always optimize for conversions i.e pay only for the results that actually make business sense e.g somebody contacting your business especially for SME's that don't have a lot of money to play with.

Firstly,not every product or service require a fanpage especially when there isn't a constant update on the page. Fanpages are mostly meant for celebrities, popular brands,essential products and services that always create new product/services not a one-time advert that just needs to be done once or so within a long time span.
Secondly,it isn't just about viewing the ads on Facebook,conversion can only occur when the target audience read the ads and know what it entails. So what is left for one to do is to attach a website or email addresses or phone numbers,any means by which interested customers can contact the advertiser. Simple!
You see sponsored adds on Facebook like those ones about making money and networking biz,do you see the many comments they get from Facebook users? That is conversion rate! And those who have websites get high traffic to their sites too as long as it's put in the ad.
Finally,any one who is familiar with digital marketing knows that boosting ads is very cheap and faster compared to actually creating a fanpage which needs constant update and management.
So please,be informed! Thankyou.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by nawebco(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
idupaul:
Face book ads always contribute to capital flight ..let's learn to buy Nigeria and advertise on Nairaland joor

with 1,000 clicks for only N4,000, you can reach your business to the world with targetted adverts. either you have a website or not.
make it today at www.mytrafficthunder.com

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Linzo(m): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
Trina0936:

Firstly,not every product or service require a fanpage especially when there isn't a constant update on the page. Fanpages are mostly meant for celebrities, popular brands,essential products and services that always create new product/services not a one-time advert that just needs to be done once or so within a long time span.
Secondly,it isn't just about viewing the ads on Facebook,conversion can only occur when the target audience read the ads and know what it entails. So what is left for one to do is to attach a website or email addresses or phone numbers,any means by which interested customers can contact the advertiser. Simple!
You see sponsored adds on Facebook like those ones about making money and networking biz,do you see the many comments they get from Facebook users? That is conversion rate! And those who have websites get high traffic to their sites too as long as it's put in the ad.
Finally,any one who is familiar with digital marketing knows that boosting ads is very cheap compared to actually creating a fanpage which needs constant update and management.
So please,be informed! Thankyou.
Please boss how do i boost ad? Is it thesame thing with boosting your page to reach more people? Please educate me more
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by blazer234: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
NnamdiN:
how do you place ads? I tried once, post reach was 7k and not a single conversion, na jazz?

How much did you pay for it sir?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by NnamdiN: 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
blazer234:

How much did you pay for it sir?
was just trials though, first time i did it, was around 2k, dollar wasnt mad then. 5$ for a 4days. Second time, I can't pay because of the dollar issue, they can't charge my mastercard.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by DadojoReloaded(m): 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
Some weeks ago, there was a post here stating that facebook now charges Nigerian advertisers in Naira. Due to the excitement generated by this news, I proceeded to change my billing currency on facebook from USD to NAIRA. And my account had to be reset!

I started seeing my adverts served in Naira and it was easy for me to estimate how much I was spending on ads. After spending a certain amount in NAIRA, I decided to offset part of the amount I owe facebook, only to discover that I could no longer make payments with the same first bank Naira Master Card which I was using to pay for my ads when my account was in USD.

It's about a week now and I have been unable to make payments for my facebook adverts. All my ads have been rendered inactive because facebook says I owe them.

Please does anyone know how I can go about restoring things back to normal?

I have tried changing the account billing to USD, but I can't still pay in dollars. It keeps saying The Card was Declined.

Has anyone successfully made payments in naira?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by mrsage(m): 8:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Dclique(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
ojochidem:
Payment has been declined by Banks. So it's not yet uhuru until we figure out a way to pay.

See how I fixed Naira Debit Card not Working for Facebook Ad
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Tackleberry05: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
It'snot hard nay ..maybe you didn't use the right marketing obejective OR the images and stuffs ... feel free to reach me so we can discuss about it
NnamdiN:
how do you place ads? I tried once, post reach was 7k and not a single conversion, na jazz?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by NnamdiN: 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tackleberry05:
It'snot hard nay ..maybe you didn't use the right marketing obejective OR the images and stuffs ... feel free to reach me so we can discuss about it
got whatsapp?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by oskaaay(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2016
Many people argued that the Naira account stuff is not working off which they are not far from the truth but am here to tell you that its not true. How did I know? Because have been using the Naira dominated account for months now, paid and readvertise on it several times. As a matter of fact am oweing Facebook around N11,000 which will be paid within few days now so I can resume my ads again.

As a professional Web and Digital Marketing Consultant at Foskaay Enterprises Group, I have tested and tried a lot of medium of payment including GTbank Mastercard but was declined then comes in a solution have tested and still using till now which is working perfectly well http://telecomsadvocate.foskaaygroup.com/advertise-facebook-pay-naira-pay-facebook-ads-naira/
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Mfondear(m): 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
[size=17pt]How to advertise on facebook and pay with Nigerian Mastercard & Paypal[/size]
Late this year 2017, advertisement online in Nigeria has been a difficult one especially advertisement on Facebook and advertisement on google. Almost all Nigerian banks had blocked the use of their debit cards for most forms of foreign transaction like adwords, Facebook advert in Nigeria, Nigerian's payment for google play store. This is due to the Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC).

if you have tried invain trying to make payment for facebook advert and its not working please use this method.

follow the steps @ http://eduauthor.com/how-to-advertise-on-facebook-with-your-naira-mastercard-and-paypal/
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by sKeetz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
How can I avoid getting blocked on FB?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 4:54am On May 07, 2019
idupaul:

Is it the fucking seun that don't approve ad we will patronize? Furiousforum.com ad is yet to be approved.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) / Uber May Just Have Presented Nigerian Banks With A Sweet Deal / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.