Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Benefits Of Hiring A Property Management Company - 1 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Benefits Of Hiring A Property Management Company - 1 (1523 Views)

How Tenants Can Help With Property Management / How To Boost Value When Preparing A Property For Sale / Property Management Application (PMA) Screen shots below (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Hiring A Property Management Company - 1 by 99propertyng: 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
A competent property manager can add significant value to your investment, which is why many seasoned real estate investors will tell you that a good management company is worth their weight in gold. Here are a few ways that a good property manager earns their keep.
Higher Quality Tenants
Think of tenant screening as the moat and draw bridge around your castle. It is certainly possible to get a bad tenant out of your home once they are in, but it’s a real hassle and you are so much better off never accepting them in the first place. A thorough screening process results in reliable tenants that:
• Pay on time
• Rent longer
• Put less wear and tear on the unit
• Generally cause less problems
An experienced property management company as 99 Property Nigeria Limited has seen thousands of applications and knows how to quickly dig for the real facts about candidates and analyze that information for warning signs. By allowing a management company to handle the screening, you will also be shielding yourself from rental scams directed at owners, and discrimination lawsuits resulting from an inconsistent screening process. This kind of experience takes time, and insomuch as it means avoiding bad tenants, scams and lawsuits it is arguably one of the most significant benefits a property management company will provide.
Fewer costly and time consuming legal problems
Veteran landlords know it only takes one troublesome tenant to cause significant legal and financial headaches. A good property manager is armed with the knowledge of the latest landlord-tenant laws and will ensure that you are not leaving yourself vulnerable to a potential law suit. Each state in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos have their own laws, these plus federal law cover a number of areas including but not limited to:
• Tenant screening
• Safety and property conditions of the property
• Evictions
• Inspections
• Lease addendums
• Terminating leases
• Handling security deposits
• Rent collection
Avoiding a single law suit can more than pay for the property management fees, and spare you time and anguish.
Shorter vacancy cycles
A property manager will help you perform three critical tasks that affect how long it takes to fill your vacancies:
• Improve and prepare the property for rent - A property manager will suggest and oversee cosmetic improvements that maximize revenue.
• Determine the best rent rate - Too high and you are stuck waiting, to low and you’re losing money every month the tenant is in the unit. Determining the optimal price requires knowledge of the local market, data on recently sold comparables, and access to rental rate tools.
• Effectively market your property - An experienced property management company has written hundreds of ads and understands what to say and where advertise in order to get a larger pool of candidates in a ..................................
Continue reading: http://www.99propertyng.com/benefits-hiring-property-management-company-1/
Re: Benefits Of Hiring A Property Management Company - 1 by John23459: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
I totally agree with this. When I started my real estate business, I didn't have that many properties, so I could manage them by myself. In time my business developed, and it got harder to keep track of everything, so I decided to use property management software from consolenebula.com , and now it's much easier to manage and to supervise all my properties. I do recommend such services and I think it's a great investment and it will save you very much time. Overall, I'm very glad that I decided to make such an addition to my business, and the thread is very great and informative.
Re: Benefits Of Hiring A Property Management Company - 1 by Diego56: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2022
While a Limehouse estate agent may not be the best choice for you, they should be able to help you find a home that fits your requirements. To know more about fisks london, check here.

(1) (Reply)

WhiteOak Courts Estate 4Million Ibeju Lekki .enjoy a discount of %5 / Distress Sales Of 4 Bedroom Twins Duplex With Boys Quarter At Awoyaya, Ibejuleki / Acquired Very Cheap Land In Abuja For Agro Livestock Farm's Biz & Residential !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.