Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown (1167 Views)

Naija Top 10 Countdown For August 2017- Kings Countdown / Top 10 Nigerian Music Countdown In 2017 So Far / Download Full Episode 12 Of “the Top 12 Countdown With Cobhams Asuquo” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
Alright y'all. I just noticed that this kind of thing is not presently going on here so I want to initiate it. It will be done weekly and researches will be made on each song. Oh, lest I forget , it will only be about Hip-Hop and R'n'B only. Support me and don't let this go down. Thanks for your co-operation. Now let's get down to business.
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Witwicky(m): 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
Am in
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2016

Work - Rihanna ft Drake.

" Work" is a song recorded by Barbadian singer Rihanna for her eighth studio album,
Anti (2016). Featuring guest vocals from Canadian rapper Drake, the song was released as the lead single from Anti on January 27, 2016 through Westbury Road and Roc Nation. "Work" was written by Rihanna and Drake along with
PartyNextDoor , Allen Ritter, Rupert Thomas, R. Stephenson, Monte Moir, and
Boi-1da ; the latter is also the producer. The
dancehall and reggae-pop song, contains an interpolation of "If You Were Here Tonight" (1985) performed by Alexander O'Neal . Lyrically, the song incorporates themes of working for money, as well as discussing fragile relationships.
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2016

Cheap Thrills
Sia Featuring Sean Paul

" Cheap Thrills " is a song by Australian singer and songwriter Sia Furler , taken from her seventh studio album This Is Acting (2016). It was written by Sia and Greg Kurstin, and produced by Kurstin. The remix of the track featuring vocals from Sean Paul was released on 11 February 2016 as the second single from This Is Acting. [2][3] "Cheap Thrills" is a pop song with elements of electropop. The remix of the song featuring Sean Paul contains influences of Jamaican reggae. The song was originally meant for Rihanna 's Anti , however after she turned it down Sia decided to keep it and use it for her seventh studio album.
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2016

I Took A Pill In Ibiza
Mike Posner.

" I Took a Pill in Ibiza " (also known by the censored title " In Ibiza "wink is a song by American singer Mike Posner . The song, originally acoustic guitar-based, appeared on his album, At Night, Alone. It was remixed by the Norwegian duo SeeB and released in the United States on July 24, 2015, digitally as a single from Posner's second EP, The Truth as well as the lead single from his second studio album, At Night, Alone. .
The SeeB remix reached the top ten of the charts in twenty seven countries, including number one in Belgium, Croatia, Ireland, Israel, Netherlands, Norway and the United Kingdom, where it remained for four weeks. It has achieved high chart positions in Posner's native United States, where it reached number one on the Billboard Dance/Mix Show Airplay Chart and number four on the Billboard Hot 100 . The song became Posner's biggest hit, outperforming his debut single, " Cooler than Me " (2010)
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2016

This Is What You Came For-
Calvin Harris Featuring Rihanna

" This Is What You Came For" is a song by
Scottish DJ Calvin Harris, featuring
Barbadian singer Rihanna . The song was released on 29 April 2016. The track is an
EDM song with influences of house music. The song was written by Calvin Harris and Nils Sjöberg, and produced by Calvin Harris. Rihanna and Harris had previously collaborated on her sixth studio album, Talk That Talk, which included the international chart-topper, " We Found Love ", which was written and produced by Calvin Harris. Harris played the final version for Rihanna at the Coachella Music Festival .
The song was a commercial success, debuting at number two on the UK Singles Chart. The single also peaked at number seven Billboard Hot 100, becoming Rihanna's 28th top 10 song in that country and Harris' fourth. It also reached number two on the US Hot Dance/Electronic Songs and became the 12th number one for Rihanna and Harris' tenth on sister chart
Dance/Mix Show Airplay. It topped the charts in Australia, Ireland, and Scotland and reached top 10 positions in Canada, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand and Switzerland.
"This Is What You Came For" received mixed reviews from critics; while some praised them for creating a catchy track, others labeled it as boring, and cited Rihanna's vocals as overprocessed. A music video for the song premiered on 17 June 2016 and features Rihanna in an open cube with images protected on the inside walls.
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2016

7 Years -
Lukas Graham

" 7 Years" is a song by Danish soul -pop band Lukas Graham from their second studio album, Lukas Graham (Blue Album) . The song was released as a digital download on 18 September 2015 by Copenhagen Records .

Frontman Lukas Graham Forchhammer described "7 Years" as a song about his life so far and what he hopes to achieve in the future. He said that the reason the lyrics go as far as the age of 60 is because his father died at 61 and he needed to "pass it to believe it." He continued: "It's a song about growing older. I'm also coming to a realisation that being a father is the most important thing. My biggest dream is not to be some negative old dude, but to have my kids' friends say, 'You're going to visit your dad? Say hi! He’s awesome.' I had a perfect father."
Regarding the band's prior failure to break into the international market Forchhammer stated, "It's like my father died at exactly the right moment – and I know that's something I shouldn't say, but I just did! If my dad hadn't died in 2012 I wouldn't have written our song Happy Home, which catapulted us into a Scandinavian success story. I wouldn't have written 7 Years, which got us signed to a publisher in America and ultimately signed to Warner Bros."
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2016

Work From Home -
Fifth Harmony Featuring Ty Dolla $ign

Fifth Harmony announced the song's title on February 24, 2016. The song was originally titled "Work", but had to be re-titled "Work from Home" to avoid confusion with Rihanna 's song of the same name, which was released a month prior. The track premiered on February 26, 2016 on the Elvis Duran and the Morning Show.
It was serviced to contemporary hit radio in the United States on March 1, 2016. [9] While talking about how the collaboration with Ty Dolla Sign came together, group member Dinah Jane said:
“ I'm so happy he agreed to be on this with us. He's definitely one of my favorite artists. Especially after his song "Paranoid" I was like, "Guys, we gotta get this dude on our song," and he was a perfect fit for this song. The way he rides it and brings a different feel to the song. He brought it.
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
Witwicky:
Am in
You are welcome sir
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2016

Don't Let Me Down -
The Chainsmokers Featuring Daya

The Chainsmokers are an American DJ duo consisting of Andrew Taggart and Alex Pall. Their 2014 single "#Selfie " reached No. 16 on the US charts and No. 11 on the UK charts while their 2015 single "Roses " reached No. 6 on the US charts.

The Chainsmokers were formed as an EDM DJ duo in 2012 under the management of
Adam Alpert in New York City. They started out by making remixes of indie bands. [citation needed] In 2012, they collaborated with Indian actress and recording artist Priyanka Chopra on the single "Erase" which was followed by "The Rookie" in early 2013. Their single " #Selfie ", released for free in December 2013, was picked up by Dim Mak Records who re-released it in January 2014 and eventually streamed it to Republic Records .
On August 5, 2014, The Chainsmokers released "Kanye" featuring sirenXX, the follow up to "#Selfie". On March 3, 2015, they released "Let You Go", featuring Great Good Fine Ok .
They signed with their manager Adam Alpert 's joint venture label with Sony Music Entertainment, Disruptor Records, in April 2015. On October 23, 2015, The Chainsmokers released their first EP titled
Bouquet , featuring "New York City", "Until You Were Gone", "Waterbed", "Good Intentions", and " Roses". Their followup single "Don't Let Me Down " was released on February 5, 2016, featuring the singer
Daya .On April 1, 2016, they released a new single, "Inside Out", featuring Swedish singer Charlee.
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by Ayindesegun10(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2016

Can't Stop The Feeling! -
Justin Timberlake

Justin Randall Timberlake (born January 31, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, actor and record producer. Born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee , he appeared on the television shows Star Search and The All-New Mickey Mouse Club as a child. In the late 1990s, Timberlake rose to prominence as one of the two lead vocalists and youngest member of NSYNC , which eventually became one of the best-selling boy bands of all time. During the group's hiatus, Timberlake released his debut solo album, the R&B -focused
Justified (2002), which included the successful singles "Cry Me a River " and " Rock Your Body ", and earned his first two
Grammy Awards.
Re: Nairaland Top Ten Official Countdown by skitkid2(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
2. Victor Lance_ Loving You, My Way.
This is the first official single from dope record producer and upcoming music artiste Victor Lance. Its a very good music, a mixture of hip-hop, RnB and trap music. Below is the link to the song. Good music speaks for itself. Download and enjoy
https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/91063/by/8uzc3isdXU

(1) (Reply)

Who Know The Title Of Chinese Soundtrack Need It / Mp3 Music Download: Olamide Ft Skepta– Sheevita Juic / [music] Emmy - Mad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.