Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

6 Things To Do When You Are Broke - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke (1400 Views)

6 Things Everyone Needs To Know About Life / 'Celebrities Are Broke, Do Not Envy Them' ~ Onyeka Nwelue / 6 Things That Can Cause You Disgrace And Embarassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by miteolu(m): 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
If you’re broke. . .have no money. . .barely making ends meet or feel like you’re never getting ahead this teaching is for you.
Are you so broke that when you go to MAMA PUT. . .you can’t even order the food your way.
Are you so broke. . .no thief wants to steal your identity.
Are you so broke. . .you spend more time praying in front of the ATM than you do church?
Are you so broke. . .that you’ve robbed Peter to pay Paul and now you’re hitting James and Andrew.
Just a little humor. . .to begin this teaching.

Before going any further. . .let’s define the wordbroke which according to dictionary.com it means: “without money, penniless.”
Remember it’s not where you’re at. . .it’s where you’re going and that’s why I felt led to write 6 things to do when you’re broke.

1. Look for help in the right place - Worrying about money can definitely leave you “weary, tired and exhausted.” The nearest neighour may be your benefactor.

2. Figure out why you don’t have any money - Almost everyone who lives in financial bondage got there because they “tuck out” more than they “tuck in.”In our effort to figure out why you don’t’ have any money. . .let me ask you several questions.
Are you spending more money that what you’ve got?
Are you living today off money you expect to receive tomorrow? ect.

3. Stop playing the blame game
The most dangerous game a person can play. . .is the blame game. . .where nobody wins. . .everybody loses. . .and you never solve the problem. Stop blamming anybody Even if it is somebody else’s fault. . .GET OVER IT.

4. Start doing something. . .regardless of what it is.
Every moment you spent talking about how broke you are. . .is a moment you’re not doing something positive to change your economic environment.

5. Determine what you can live without- If you aren’t keeping up with your money, it will find places to go and you will end up short.
Once you do your “expense tracking”. . .you can determine where to stop or reduce the amount of money you’re spending.

6. Stop Addictions. There are people who say they just enjoy walking the mall and window shopping. If you have a problem or challenge not spending money when you go window shopping, then my advice to you is simple. . .STAY HOME. Some people are addicted to what they cannot afford when they are broke.

http://omoboriowo..com.ng/2016/06/6-things-to-do-when-you-are-broke.html

NB: Moderator move to appropriate section

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by kelvine(m): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
More tips

Pray hard
Think smart
Look around
Identify your real friends, discard fake ones
Learn to manage what is available
Stay calm and hopeful
Drink more water
Sell something, possibly an old item like clothes,shoes,gargets etc
Sleep

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
We can just rob any bank just Lyk Queen Latifah and her gang in one movie Lyk daat.

Who's in undecided
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
HateU2:
We can just rob any bank just Lyk Queen Latifah and her gang in one movie Lyk daat.

Who's in undecided
I am in. when do we make the move?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Snowprince306(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
HateU2:

Who's in undecided
. I am in
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
MRFIXX:

I am in. when do we make the move?
wait...l will contact u wen we ar complete meanwhile, ur 1st assignment is to tink about d bank undecided
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
Snowprince306:
. I am in
Oya chop knuckle cheesy
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
HateU2:
wait...l will contact u wen we ar complete meanwhile, ur 1st assignment is to tink about d bank undecided
Done. Have one in mind already,saw plenty money there today. They were just moving it up and down anyhow.
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
MRFIXX:

Done. Have one in mind already,saw plenty money there today. They were just moving it up and down anyhow.
good boy but why do u need money so baad undecided
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
HateU2:
To fund our marriage b4 they steal you.
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Snowprince306(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
HateU2:
Oya chop knuckle cheesy
. Gbam! Oil dey ur head, u real
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
HateU2:

MRFIXX:

Niggah, you're wasting your time
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
Targaeryian:

lol, I have enough time.
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by miteolu(m): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2016
MRFIXX:

Is marriage now run like NGO?
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Targaeryian:

undecided
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Snowprince306:
. Gbam! Oil dey ur head, u real
kiss kiss
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
MRFIXX:

*hugs him*
Bride price is not much. Let's just steal nairas not dollars
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Are Broke by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Tips On getting best Sleeping Positions (Pictures) / Saudi Prince Allegedly Buys 24-karat Gold Necklaces For His Sheep / Movie Crew Wanted,i Need Help On A Movie I Want To Work On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.