Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers (4744 Views)

15 Common Job Interview Questions For Freshers And How To Answer Them / Possible Answers To Some Interview Questions / 50 Interview Questions And Answers You Must Be Prepared For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
Right here I am going to list some of the Job Interview Questions that is mostly asked by recruiting companies, industries, firm etc.

I will just list them for now.

Without talking too much grammer, here we go:

LIST OF JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND THEIR ANSWERS

[1] Tell us about yourself?

[2] Sell yourself to the Panel

[3] May we meet you

[4] May we meet you?

[5] Tell us the name of you Institution and your parents role in choosing that Institution

[6] What Information did you use or How did you decide on the school you attended?

[7] Why did you choose to study your course?

[8] What is your idea of how industry works?

[9] What do you think determines progress in a good company?

[10] Do you think first employers should consider grades?

[11] Which University did you attend and why did you chose it?

[12] Can you take instruction without being upset or hurt?

[13] Why do you want to work here?

[14] What do you like or dislike about you last job?

[15] What are you future expectation for this company?

[16] How long have you been looking for job or another position?

[17] Why should i employ you?

[18] What is your greatest Strength?

[19] What do you think about our company?

[20] Do you consider yourself as a natural leader or a born follower?

[21] What are your qualifications?

[22] Do you have any question for the panel?

[22] Are you married?

[23] If you are employed, what is an adequate reward for your effort?

[24] Do you think people in your occupation should be paid more?

[25] What is your salary expectation?

[26] Do you think first employers should considers?

[27] Why do you think you would like this job?

[29] What have you done that showed initiative and willingness to work?

[30] Are you willing to go where the company sends you?

[31] Why did you chose to study your course?

[32] What type of position are you interested in?

[33] Which of the jobs have you held, which you liked least?

[34] Are you looking for a permanent or temporary job?

[35] Do you like routine tasks or regular hours?

[36] Are you willing to go where the company sends you?

[37] Can you work under pressure?

[38] How long would it take you to contribute to our company?

[40] How long would you stay with the company?

[41] How do you feel about your progress to date?

[42] How many hours do you find it necessary to get your job done?

[43] How do you handle tension and rejection?

[44] What are the reasons for your success in this profession?

[45] What would your references say/can we check your references?

[46] In what ways has your job prepared you to take on greater responsibility?

[47] Have you done the best work you are capable of doing?

[48] What is your energy level like?

[49] What are your biggest accomplishment?

[50] Have you been asked to resign?

[51] Have ever had difficulties getting along with others?

[52] What have you learned from the jobs you have held?

[53] What is the least relevant job you have held?

[54] Tell us how you moved up through the organisation.

[55] What are you looking for in your next job?

[56] Have you ever benefited from your disappointment?

[57] What are your outstanding qualities?

[58] What would you like to be doing in five years from now?

[59] How interest are you in sports?

[60] If we employ you, when do you think you can start?

[61] What do you hope to be earning two to five years from now?

[62] What are your salary requirements

[63] What do you want to be paid?

[64] What were you making on you last job?

[65] How much are you looking for?

[66] How much will it take to get you?

[67] What is your salary history or salary progress on your last job?

[69] How will you be able to cope with a change in environment after five years with your current company?

[70] What makes this job different from your current or last ones?

[71] We have tried to employ graduates from your University before and they never seems to work out. What makes you different?

[72] How does this job compare with others you have applied for?

[73] In your last job, what were some of the things you spend most of your time on?

[74] Were you ever dismissed from your job for a reason that seemed unjustified?

[75] What can you do for us that someone else cannot do?

[76] Describe how your job relates to the overall goals of your department and company?

[77] How do you organize and plan for major projects?

[78] What interest you about this job?

[79] Describe difficult problem you have had to deal with.

[80] What aspect of your job do you consider crucial?

[81] Have you ever held any leadership role?

[82] Which course gave the most trouble? What did you do about them?

[83] How did you pay for university or fund your education?

[84] What have you learned at university that could be used here in this company?

[85] How did you get your holiday jobs?

[86] What qualification do you have that will make you successful in this field?

If you wish to read on the each of the listed job interview questions visit the link in the source. I have the links to avoid ban.
Thanks

Source: http://www.nigerianpalace.com/t1554-list-of-job-interview-questions-and-their-answers
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
Tell Us About Yourself or Sell Yourself to the Panel

How to answer this kind of question.

This job interview question which goes like this "Tell Us About yourself" if for both fresh graduates and those who are looking for a better job offer.

How to answer this question
You must know that this question can be asked in different ways such as;
1. Introduce yourself
2. May we know you?
3. May we meet you ?
4. Sell yourself to the panel...

This fourth question is always tempting especially to ladies with "deeperlife" tap mid-set.

All the above questions are pointing to a single direction which is just to introduce yourself to the panel. Like I said that the last question usually be a tempting question to ladies, don't be like a lady who was asked to sell herself to the panel she started jibing at the panel saying. "God forbid! What kind of panel is this? I have not even been given a job and you are already asking me to sell my body to you old men". After the insult, she left in anger and that was how she simply lost the job due to lack of grammatical comprehension.

Like I was saying the question is basically on the identification on your CV, which includes the following;

1. Your biodata
2. Your family background
3. Your educational history
4. Your inter personal profile and
5. Job experience(s).

For fresh graduates, job experience becomes inconsequential but then your one year National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) experience and Industrial training experience to rely on as a base to further major corporate job experiences.

Please, do not present yourself negatively to the panel. This kind of words are not needed; "I Came from a poor family, i graduated out of community help or charity basis, My dad is a wheelbarroow pusher", all these kind of responses are not necessary and they present negative impression about you and could hamper your success.

Even if this is your real situation, never you present it to the panel because it could hinder your chances of getting that job. This is because no company will give you a job out of pity and this is the more reason you need to convince the panel of your competence of getting that job.

You need to get yourself at the point above average by presenting your response tactically from your bidata to your family background again to your educational history, further more to your inter-personal profile and finally your job experience or job experiences as the case may be.

Let your answers revolve mostly around your CV
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by LillainA(f): 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
This great one
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by FreshNaijaBoy(m): 12:17am On Jun 18, 2016
Good one.
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by Xflint(m): 5:19am On Jun 18, 2016
this is good list but y dont u put the answers here as well?
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 6:08am On Jun 18, 2016
thanks all, for ur appreciation
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by ailehwise(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2016
MyParadise:
thanks all, for ur appreciation
please Op, can you go on? I have interview to attend next week.
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
ailehwise:
please Op, can you go on? I have interview to attend next week.
I will post them here.
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by kayStelly(f): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Bros.... Update pls..
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 6:44am On Jun 22, 2016
Which University did you attend and why did you choose it

In this kind of question, you should tell why and the wherefore you choose your school after you must have told the panel the name of your school.

Here are the things that are not needed from you in this kinda question: don't ever say, "I choose my school because it was closer to my house". Does it mean that if the school lacks the technicality to be up to her best you will stil go to the school just because it is closer to your house. And again don't even say things like I choose my schoo because the fees is lesser, my father is is dean or is a staff in that school.

Avoid answers like the above, it could give ebola to your chances of getting that job in some cases. Yes, in some cases I said. Always bear it in mind that they are assessing your mentality and you being an independent person.

To answer this interview question you must maintain that it was all your choice. And after some research about the institution, you learnt that you will get the best and quality education as it regards to your course. The school will also give you qualitative training and prepare you for the real task ahead in the real world.
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 6:48am On Jun 22, 2016
kayStelly:
Bros.... Update pls..

sorry about my late delivering, you must know that I have some other things to do as well and somehow busy.
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by umbo: 8:35am On Jun 22, 2016
Ookk
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 11:15am On Jun 22, 2016
umbo:
Ookk
grin
umbo:
Ookk
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
[/color][color=#000099]thank you so much for the informative lecture, I really appreciate your effort in putting this write up here for all of us who needs it. Thank you once again..... But I hope you will find time out of your busy schedule to answer the other questions too....
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Climaths:
[/color][color=#000099]thank you so much for the informative lecture, I really appreciate your effort in putting this write up here for all of us who needs it. Thank you once again..... But I hope you will find time out of your busy schedule to answer the other questions too....

I will and is must.
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by kayStelly(f): 3:08am On Jun 23, 2016
MyParadise:

I will and is must.
God bless you bro
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by MyParadise(m): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
kayStelly:

God bless you bro
You are welcome
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by Tolakay: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
I need to comment for ref purpose .. This will be of help later
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by Xflint(m): 8:52am On Jun 26, 2016
thats lovely
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by Kezifils(m): 6:59am On Jun 30, 2017
MyParadise:

sorry about my late delivering, you must know that I have some other things to do as well and somehow busy.

Over a year later. You still busy?
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by uwadiahercules: 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by uwadiahercules: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2018
Re: List Of Job Interview Questions And Their Answers by uwadiahercules: 6:48am On Oct 24, 2018
Job Interview Questions And Answers In Nigeria
http://www.jobvacancynigeria.com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Executive Assistant Job At J.P. Morgan – Apply Now / Nnpc Graduate Trainee / Urgent Jobs For Undergraduates In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.