Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Gcon. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Gcon. (1166 Views)

Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, To Set Up Peugeot Assembly Plant In Kaduna / Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) / Dangote Rolls Out Nigeria-assembled Trucks, Targets 10,000 Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Gcon. by Taich(m): 12:15am On Jun 18, 2016
Good Day Alhaji Aliko Dangote, GCON.
Is with humility and respect for your person and what you stand for that I write this letter to you. Sorry this should have come a bit earlier but I believe is never late to do the right thing neither is it too late to turn away from a wrong direction.
Sir as the richest Nigerian, your foot prints is on every nook and cranny of our country but sadly they have been a serious ugly trend that is so disturbing that I wish to bring to your notice through this medium.
Just recently I came back from Togo through road, on my way back, I saw two Dangote branded trucks in Togo along the way. The news was the drivers were caught with illicit drug and are imprisoned. As a frequent traveller who uses Nigeria roads, almost in all our high ways, you will find a Dangote branded truck especially those conveying cement involved in an accident. The one I saw today just before you enter Owerri town if you are coming from Onitsha prompted me to write this letter. In the accident, Dangote truck carrying cement collided with another one carrying a petroleum product. The two trucks and their content were burnt as a result of the collision, I don’t know if the Drivers survived.
Sir I know you have a lot in your hands but please look into your logistics section by ensuring the safety of your personnel and goods are given more attention. This will bring more profit to your brand and also boost your image. Road accidents don’t just happen, there are measures that when put in place will help to reduce the frequency of this accidents drastically. For example, if you put in place these things, your company accident rate will be reduced by more than 40% within the next six months.
1. Introduction of safe speed limit for your trucks and a tracker to monitor Drivers’ adherence to it.
2. Periodic training and retraining of Drivers.
3. Introduction of strict drug and alcohol policy.
4. Update on your existing Journey management policy.
5. If possible the use of 2 drivers per truck for long distant journeys
6. Making sure that these drivers are adequately rested before embarking on a journey.
With the above points I believe you can reduce the amount of lives that are lost on our high ways because of these trucks, and also save a lot of money for your company.
May God continue to bless you.
Yours sincerely,
Umahi Chukwudi.
taichuzy@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Gcon. by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 18, 2016
Good suggestion. Let him act fast!!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Gcon. by Fogman(m): 6:45am On Jun 18, 2016
Nice post

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Gcon. by macfish01: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2016
This post is seriously a matter of national importance. I hope mod Lalasticlala will move this to front page. Those accidents are becoming increasingly worrisome.

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons Lagos Drivers Cannot Stop Honking / '99 QX4 Issues. / Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.