Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,263 members, 7,839,328 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Are Muslims The Highest Consumers Of Alcohol In Lagos? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Are Muslims The Highest Consumers Of Alcohol In Lagos? (523 Views)

75 Biblical Truth About Alcohol / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Muslims The Highest Consumers Of Alcohol In Lagos? by LagosSeventhSon(m): 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
Its no news again that even with the economic hardship Nigerians are facing at the moment, clubs , bars and hotels are already making twice their usual turnover. I usually visit the pub during weekends with friends,but now I find my self going there often to catch up on new jists and debates from professionals in various fields.

When fuel price increased, after work I prefer driving down to a pub to wait for the traffic to subside before hitting the road. After some time I noticed my colleagues were doing the same, even those that usually dont hang out on a norm. From my observations I concluded that so many staff were inducted into this lifestyle just recently. While traffic was the primary reason for some of us, some dont want to go home until its very late because of their nagging wives or loneliness; while its a usual routine for a lot of people to unwind and catch up with friends. Popular bars and clubs are usually filled to the brim only on Fridays, but nowadays weekdays are just like any friday.

However, recently I noticed when I get to the pub the atmosphere is as calm as a mortuary. Guys who give critical analysis to current issues are not there. The tables are scanty, I see a lot of Malt bottles and table water. The big spenders on the scene anymore. When I finished my drink , I drove down home taking note of hotels, bars I can lay my eyes on; just a few cars outsite. So I said to my self; does this mean the Muslims are the highest patronisers of alcohol in Lagos state? The cost of beer increased; patronisers increased too but why is everyone including the Christians not going to the pubs this period? Do Muslims influence the social life of Lagosians ?

P.S this is a research and your comments are welcomed. However, the aim of this post is not to discredit any religion.
Re: Are Muslims The Highest Consumers Of Alcohol In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Seems so....

1 Like

Re: Are Muslims The Highest Consumers Of Alcohol In Lagos? by eleko1: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Not so. Dnt try Dem xtian bros ,they are the real camel when it comes to drink to stupor.Some girls too are in the game sad. STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL,IT RUIN BODY sad

1 Like

Re: Are Muslims The Highest Consumers Of Alcohol In Lagos? by 9jaRonin(m): 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Na bad economy cause am undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

D / God's Creativity By Akande David / Tragedy novel: The Insect that ate the Leaf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.