Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,306 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus (1519 Views)

What Would You Do With One Million Naira? / 3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com / Somebody Won 36.7 Million Naira From Bet9ja Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus by UbochiBinNa: 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
I lost my parents at the age of four and life became so tough even up to when I was in the university and by the grace of God i made the first one million naira when i was forced to start my first business with #200 (Two Hundred Naira) in my year two and I grew the business from #200 to #500,000 sales per month and #2,000,000 sales (#2million) per semester. I employed at least six people as managers. I was able to move from being a beggar to someone feeding others. But it wouldn’t have been possible if not because of the two muslim women who took me as their son despite the fact that I was christian.

If you are conversant with Obafemi Awolowo University, Central Market, you will probably know the two of them Iya Yemisi and Iya Quadri, the other man is the husband of the old woman that I used to buy groundnut in bulk from, she couldn’t make it to my convocation last year but she asked her husband to represent her. To make one million naira was not a magic as they are part of my success story as far as my graduation from OAU was concerned.

The business success story cannot be complete without appreciating these women and many others who on many occasions sold crates of egg, tomatoes paste, salt, groundnut, pepper and many other things for me on credit to support me.

Apart from these women, many of my room mates who were muslims several times looked after the business for me whenever I was not around. We lived as a family despite our religious differences.

I learnt a lot as the CEO of that business, in fact I became the most popular in ETF Hall and in Central Market. It also helped me to emerge as Accounting Students President for a whole session. My room was the most frequent room in the hall, we ran for 18 hours everyday. I was the seller of last resort especially for those who have gone to read overnight.

My best moments in OAU was with these women and many others in the market. Their distance smiles anytime they see me coming from far to buy the goods I sell from them is forever sticked to my memory. The surprising thing was that religion never brought any disagreement between us but instead we cherished one another and shared a lot of things together even personal issues. They took me like their son. We ate together on many occasions in the market.

As at today I am the CEO of my company Seravision Brooks and I also run an NGO call Sera Schools Initiative with the goal of helping indigent students to have access to quality and we have impacted both christians and muslims students across the country through our various activities.

I am sharing this story again as a result of the recent religious issue in Osun State where students wore church garments to school because the State High Court legalized the wearing of hijab by muslim students to schools including missionary and schools owned by churches.corper education

I keep asking myself where we are heading to as a nation. What type of future are we building for our children? When we are meant to be teaching them religious tolerance, unity and love for another, we are inculcating into them hatred and hostility toward other religion.

Christians and the muslims has always live as brothers and sisters especially in Southern part of the country for many years.

So I still find it difficult to understand why the issue of hijab in schools in Osun State is gradually been allowed to generate unnecessary tension in the state.

Governor Aregbesola is only trying to use the issue as a political tool to divide the people of the state so as to continue to suppress them in poverty and shift their attention from the economic issues of the state that need urgent attention.

We all know issue of Hijab should not be the priority of Osun State at the moment. The state is in a mess economic wise and the continuous fall in standard of education in Osun State for some years now requires sober reflection. Aregbesola is building mega schools in major towns whereas the teachers and students in the buildings are hungry because salary had not been paid for the past six months.

corperdiary-school

Away from the mega schools in the towns, schools in smaller towns and villages are nothing to write home about. You can visit Ijeda, Moro, Erinmo Ijesa and some other small towns to verify what I am saying.

We as a people must take our destiny into our hands and resist every strategy of our failed leaders to set us against one another so that they can have way to perpetrate their evil acts.

Governor Aregbesola had failed the people of Osun State and posterity will never forget his unprecedented failures as a governor. He is a confused man who have no interest of the people in mind.

I will encourage the religious bodies leaders both MURIC and CAN to settle this case out of court. Muslim students should be allowed to wear hijab but not to missionary and schools owned by churches as christian students can’t be allowed to wear church garments to schools owned by Islamic Institution.

We must unite our voice for religious tolerance and unity. It is either we live together as brothers and sisters or we perish together as fools. We must not allow the way issue of religious bigotry lead to terrorism in the North East to happen here in South West.

If we allow this issue to get out hand, Aregbe doesn’t have much to lose. We the masses will bear the consequences while Aregbe will be in government house heavily protected. Let unite our voice towards a better Nigeria. Let unite our voice for quality education for every Nigerian child. Education is our future!

Vincent Adeoba,
Social Entrepreneur.

Source: http://corperdiary.com/how-these-muslim-women-helped-me-to-make-one-million-naira-from-200-naira-business-back-on-campus/

Re: How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus by ebbybest(f): 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
I guess you are Ubochi Obinna
Re: How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus by Donald3d(m): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
i am speechless.
Re: How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus by EnterPRO: 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm guessing those women are millionaires as well.

I could be wrong though.
Re: How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus by whizqueen(f): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Op your topic is misleading undecided

At the post, to be honest religion has done more harm than good to us in this country. I think we would have been better off without religion.

We should learn to relate with ourselves as humans regardless of the tribe, culture or religion yet we should respect everyone's belief. But it's not so in this country of ours..

Our religious organisations should learn to teach the followers more on religion tolerance, but rather we now go to churches and asalatus to chase wealth, fashion and luxury. What a country! sad embarassed

1 Like

Re: How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus by needinfo: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
Waitin dey worry this op self. You never talk anything related to the bizness you created the thread to share info about. All i get to see from your write up with repeating words, its all about religion , religion. Che na religion be the bizness wey you start with 200 to make 2million or the bizness na spiritual one.

Na just to talk go left with religion, old woman and husband. Na wa o. Make you yan the koko make nairalanders understand where you dey go instead of talking about religion this, religion that

2 Likes

Re: How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus by DonX001: 7:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Post has no relationship to topic.
Change topic to reflect the post content, or change your body of the post to actually discuss what this topic says, or Mods should close the frigging thread or move it to Religion or Politics section.
Re: How I Make One Million Naira From 200 Naira Business On Campus by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2016
Off track.

(1) (Reply)

The Amazon Of Product Testing Finally in Nigeria (For Startups) / Looking To Fund Your Ideas? Boostsystemsonline Can Help You / My Dream To Set Up Bottle Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.